Remove Advertisements

So....how did you pick your toon's name?

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Postby ldeboer » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:00 am

BlondBimbo was my wifes first toon because her toon looked like that not because she is :)

Her and son got me into playing this game but I went horde so my first toon was UglyBB for Ugly Blond Bimbo and it was a female troll.

So my second toon had to be Uglybbtoo naturally :)
ldeboer

Postby Reilai » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:31 am

I pretty much do the same thing Elennira does. Sit in and type in good looking combinations of consononts and vowels until something passable comes out. I wish I'd picked my toon's name better now, originally a throwaway alt.
Reilai

Postby Amirya » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:35 am

Amirya is the name of a character in one of Marian Zimmer Bradley's Darkover novels. I liked it.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Dorvan » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:40 am

I tend to go with names the seem somehow fitting is terms of the tone of my character....I generally aim for something the sounds accurate for the given race, and beyond that just try to combine sounds in a way I like. That's how I got the following:

Dorvan -- Human Paladin
Fizzmore -- Gnome Rogue
Adorania -- Draenei Priest
Scriggle -- Gnome Mage

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Aalryn » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:42 am

Mine came from the RNG in KotOR. Actually it came up as Alryn. I added the extra 'a' for increased awesomeness.
~insert flashy signature here~

"Error: Armory link not found" ... Tankadin no more
Aalryn

Postby Joren » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:48 am

I come up with names pretty randomly, just making up words. Every now and then I get this feeling I should use latin - like when doing priests and pallies. ;)

So here I am, Maledictus :evil: the opposite of benedictus. I hurt.
Joren

Postby Fapman » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:30 am

My pally started out as a lol alt.

I basically rolled a pally after my main (fury warrior) was unable to kill a pvp holy pally in duel (with the pally only healing and not going oom at all).

Ok, my warrior didn't have good gear, and the pally was full S2, but still I was pissed and created a paladin just to say fuck you all, nerf paladins.

Then my warriors progress got time capped (I play casual and had no time to go hardcore mh/bt) i started playing my -at the time already level 9 or sth :P- paladin.

I now like the sound of his name though, so I'm not changing it until i get complaints from GMs.

For those of you that don't know what fapping is, ask mom :D.
Fapman

Postby Eirny » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:34 am

I have to admit, I'm picky about my names, the old rpg'er in me won't let it die.

Vaughan (F Belf Pally) - little, I thought it was fitting. Plus it was part of one of my old rpg names.
Eirny (Priest) - new healing, yes, she's holy
Chivalrie (Pally) - from chivalry
Orphic (Druid) - Just another name that followed along from an old rpg.
Idonea (Shaman A) - to renew nature
Kendaleigha (Shaman H) - valley of the storm

That covers most of my toons :oops:
Eirny

Postby Maverick13 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:57 am

Khisvir wrote:
Spectrum wrote:
Yes...this is why I pick the more obscure book characters...there's probably a million dwarves in the game with variations on "Gimli", for example...

If you're on a release server you'd be surprised how many people know your "obscure" references.

I've yet to find anyone who knows where my Rogue's name "Tirilen" comes from.

Wouldn't be from Roger Taylor's "Call of the Sword" by anychance great book btw if it is

as to my toons

main is a shadow priest named Tseirpvam (still takes people too long to work out why)
also have my prot pally called bubblina for the usual reasons

a mage named after my GF called Eonfire (her names Berni) I know i know its damn awful but she loved it :D

and one for obscure characters from books my newest toon is called Nevyn meaning no-one
Maverick13

Postby Barathorn » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:13 am

Pretty much have the same names as the characters I played when I started playing MERP and AD&D in my early teens, they kinda progressed from there really. Although I will freely admit to stealing Imorthorn and Tarithella from 'Doomdarks Revenge' by Mike Singleton. The name is very important for me for characters, I will happily delete a character upto level 30 if I feel the name isn't right.

So I have,

Barathorn
Veit [as Dain was taken]
Keldra
Kedriss
Caladur
Imorthorn
Laraya
Melisane
Balkmog
Ebon

I am going to delete one again soon though as I desperately want to level a rogue after my last one reached level 26 and I got bored with her.

Names are cool.
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby Lightbeard » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:14 am

My names aren't creative Lightbeard=yellow bearded dwarf

Flagrunner=druid
Lightbeard

Postby Warrender » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:25 am

Pen and paper AD&D character from way back when I used to play with friends. The back story was a Paladin who would rise to fame from the slums of the great city so I chose Warren as in the warrens or slums and added a der in there.

Fini.
Warrender
Maintankadonor

Postby Joren » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:51 am

Warrender wrote:Pen and paper AD&D character from way back when I used to play with friends.

I like the sound of this "used to play with friends".

The back story was a Paladin who would rise to fame from the slums of the great city...

Good god, who did the DMing?

EDIT: Failed the brackets.
Joren

Postby Candiru » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:39 am

I looked on wikipedia for good names of parasites since a Blood Knight was leaching the light from Mu'ru etc.

Candiru it was! :)
Candiru

Postby Draxi » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:43 am

Though not very origanal, Gregarious was my barbarians name in diablo 2, when I came to wow, and decided to make a paladin my first character I thought the name fit and sounded very "paladinish"

if thats even a word.
Draxi

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum