Remove Advertisements

So....how did you pick your toon's name?

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Postby Herbe » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:08 pm

I forget........... :twisted:
My wife always laughs during sex -- no matter what she's reading.
Herbe

Postby fiorina » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:04 pm

Fiorina paladin, lock Nostromo, shaman Newt

there was even guild exactly for me :)

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.htm ... 1354&sid=1
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Levantine » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:23 pm

Rinforza is Reinforce in.... Italian, I think it is.
Levantine

Postby moduspwnens » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:35 pm

"Modus Ponens" is a phrase used in terms of logic that says:
If P, then Q.
Q
Therefore, P.
Anyway, I thought it was a "fun" class, and I thought it'd be clever to be ModusPwnens.

Of course, I now realize that I hate puns, and that is not a very good one... especially considering I don't like PvP. It's OK, though, cause I picked up the nickname "Modus," and even got to rename my character to it with the server xfer.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Tandors » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:43 pm

I had a mage named Tandros (from the random name generator). When TBC came out I made a pally on a different server and wanted to keep the same name. Sadly I swapped the "o" and "r". I didn't realize this mistake until around level 46.
Tandors

Postby Shamora » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:52 pm

According to http://www.wowwiki.com/Draenei_(language), Sha = Light

So I started looking for things to add on that fit and sound draenic and ended up making it 'More Light' or Shamora.

I've also got a hand full of names that all have general personalities that I can throw in where I see fit in just about any game. Once I run out of those I'll generally smack the random name generator until it comes up with something nice or something I can warp into something good.
Hearthstone Arena Stats
Server: PVP US Warsong, Horde - <Orbit>
Main: Keondra, Delver of the Vaults, Lvl 90 Assassination Rogue
Shamora

Postby Caelia » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:05 pm

Caelia was a random name generated one lol
In Progress: Fury Warrior: Tailwhip
All Retired: Holy Priest:Appletons | DK Blood Tank: Dreadborne | Prot Paladin: Welsh
Caelia

Postby Guldylohx » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:43 pm

1st character: Mage: Canim (long since deleted) something to do with "friend" iirc...

2nd character: Mage: Disterra (still alive) I was going for a synthesis of "world" and "apart" to basically say *gasp* "a world apart".

3rd character: (finally the one relevant to this forum :P) Paladin: Guldylohx (alive and kicking) I settled on it because my friend was making a like-wise satirically named hunter at the time and I thought I'd be silly right along with him. I figured there'd be a bit of shame being beat down by a big burly dwarf named after a little girl.
Guldylohx

Postby guillex » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:46 pm

Caelia wrote:Caelia was a random name generated one lol

As was Guillex. It had an X, I took it.

For Trypp, however, I had wanted to use my handle (Schism) for him on TLord, but it was unavailable... As was Rift.

So I thought for a bit, and came up with Trypp.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Averroes » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:06 pm

Most of my toons name start with the letter A so yeah wiki'ed some names and found this.
Averroes

Postby Ruex » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:22 pm

generally just sit there staring blankly at the screen before tapping in a name that sounds cool....before i find out that its unavailable...so i got back to sitting there for a bit...

I think naming the toon takes the longest for me. Ruex was just a name I had used for ages doing pen&paper rpg's as a kid. Its an anagram for a few letters from my last name.
Rukalix... well i mangled the keyboard.. and thats what came out.. not to keen on it actually.

I have a Female Draenei Priest that I named Lhooq, after the Duchamp painting of the same name. well its title is actually L.H.O.O.Q. The meaning if you pernounce the word with a french tone and Mindset, it (loosely) translates "Elle a chaud au cul" or "she has a hot ass" (interpreted). I figured it fit concerning that the draenei females have such a pa-dunka-dunk on 'em...

Postby ulushnar » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:25 pm

I picked a few syllables that sounded cool and appropriately Eastern.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Melathys » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:15 pm

All the names for my WoW characters come from two books. Shardik and Maia by Richard Adams.

For the longest time, Shardik was my favorite book. One day I decided I wanted to read it again, but turned out its out of print. So I go onto Amazon.com to see about getting a used copy. Well, I thought I had read all of Richard Adams' books (like Watership Down)...then I saw this title of one I hadn't read, "Maia". Turns out its a prequel to Shardik. I couldn't add it to the cart fast enough.

Anyway, two of the most amazing books ever. The kind of books that you don't want to end, because you look forward each day to sit down and immerse yourself into the world the author has made for you.

One of the things I like that Adams did with these books, that I haven't seen much of from other authors. One of the central characters from both books...you never get to meet. Santil-ke-Erketlis.
Melathys

Postby Worldie » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:33 pm

Levantine wrote:Rinforza is Reinforce in.... Italian, I think it is.

It is, i actually wondered if that was intentional.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Dunkan » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:55 pm

My toons these days are named after famous swords.

Curtana is a type of sword - the point is squared - and is the Sword of Mercy

Curtana is also one of three famous swords, also Durendal and Joyeuse. If I ever rolled a chick pally, Joyeuse it would be!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_my ... cts#Swords
Khaz'goroth Oceanic
Dunkan

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum