Remove Advertisements

So....how did you pick your toon's name?

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

So....how did you pick your toon's name?

Postby Khisvir » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:00 pm

Me, no joke, I closed my eyes, stabbed at the keyboard, then filled in a few vowels.

With my other toons (I confess to being a toon whore...), I usually pick characters out of books...usually the more obscure characters.
Space for rent - reasonable rates
Khisvir

Postby Lightbeard » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:06 pm

Mine is obvious if u look at my guy without his helm
Lightbeard

Postby Spectrum » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:08 pm

I try to think of something that's central to the class and then go google, wikipedia, and generally browse the web until I find a word related to that. Usually it's scientific in nature because that's how I am.

With this name I started from "light" and eventually settled on "Spectrum."

My druid ended up as "Arboria" as I intended her to be a raid heal from the start, and thus be in tree-form. I had "Arboreal", but I switched it a bit to make it more feminine. I was going to name her Carnivora (order which includes cats, bears, and seals), but decided on the tree thing later.

My shaman is named "Periodic", after the periodic table of elements. However he is still enhancement.

For my fiancée's shaman I started from lightning and ended up with "Terawatt".

Oddly my hunter is named Persica because I used the nickname "Peach" in another MMO. Peaches are of the species Prunus Persica, though Persica is used in the names of many flowers as well.

(Long reply, bored at work)
Spectrum
Maintankadonor

Postby Elennira » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:16 pm

generally just sit there staring blankly at the screen before tapping in a name that sounds cool....before i find out that its unavailable...so i got back to sitting there for a bit...
Elennira

Postby Spectrum » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:18 pm

Elennira wrote:generally just sit there staring blankly at the screen before tapping in a name that sounds cool....before i find out that its unavailable...so i got back to sitting there for a bit...

This is how I used to do names.

My old Warlock main was named Feldan. I didn't realize until about a year later that a warrior in the guild I was in before was named Feldyn. I had felt so original. :(
Spectrum
Maintankadonor

Postby Khisvir » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:19 pm

Elennira wrote:generally just sit there staring blankly at the screen before tapping in a name that sounds cool....before i find out that its unavailable...so i got back to sitting there for a bit...

:lol:

Yes...this is why I pick the more obscure book characters...there's probably a million dwarves in the game with variations on "Gimli", for example...
Khisvir

Postby Elennira » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:19 pm

Elennira Ljusetsdottir

>.>

RP server, dont ask...
Elennira

Postby Spectrum » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:25 pm

Yes...this is why I pick the more obscure book characters...there's probably a million dwarves in the game with variations on "Gimli", for example...

If you're on a release server you'd be surprised how many people know your "obscure" references.
Spectrum
Maintankadonor

Postby Palafix » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:28 pm

My first character was a druid named Getafix

When I rerolled my pally, instead of copying everyone else and rolling
"Getadin", I did "Palafix", and then started the trend of naming all of my characters "---afix". I did so also because I didn't want my Paladin to be demeaned as just an extension, an alt, of my original character. Palafix did indeed become my main anyway.

A few others...

Shaman:Shockafix
Rogue: Rogueafix
Warrior: Furyfix
Hunter: Hunterfix
Druid: Kittyfix (renamed him)
Priest: Priestafix
Mage: QQfix
Warlock: QQmoarafix
Palafix

Postby Elennira » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:30 pm

Palafix wrote:Mage: QQfix
Warlock: QQmoarafix

quoted for extreme truth
Elennira

Postby Khisvir » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:38 pm

Spectrum wrote:

If you're on a release server you'd be surprised how many people know your "obscure" references.

Hmm...

I play on a North American server, but most of the character names I pick are from what would be "Oceanic" authors...mostly British...

I've yet to find anyone who knows where my Rogue's name "Tirilen" comes from.
Khisvir

Postby Khisvir » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:40 pm

Palafix wrote:My first character was a druid named Getafix

Heh...got that one without having to click the link...loved Asterix & Obelix.

My fave name...the chief, Vitalstatistix
Khisvir

Postby Worldie » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:42 pm

Long time ago i was playing Starcraft still, with a different name.
Then i was going to join a clan named Matrix, and my cousin (with which i used to play back then) suggested me "Since Matrix is a virtual World, why don't you call yourself World?"
Then later when i started playing Lineage II i wanted to make a female character since males were fugly, and i wondered what the female for "World" would be... that's it, Worldie.

My alts are all deriving from Worldie or Uord (World in Italian slang)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Vediog Svaor » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:21 pm

My undead shadow priest is named after Aginor, one of the Forsaken from the Wheel of Time books.

My paladin is named after a band I found randomly called Vediog Svaor; I don't even like the music much, but the name was cool so I stole it.

And my level 12 druid is Parbeedo, which is an anagram of Pedo Bear.

Vediog Svaor

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:25 pm

Snake-Aes came from the toon named like that in Warcraft3's mini game in the custom map list...
Synapse(old name) came from Tribulations of a Megalomaniac Warlock, and Chiv i stole from Catriona's tankadin, Chivalry.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to Arkham Asylum