Politics (formerly Election 2012)

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Re: Politics (formerly Election 2012)

Postby Nooska » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:19 am

*casts ressurct old thread*

On National politics - I'm a candidate for parliament from october, yay!
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:42 am

g'luck!
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Io.Draco » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:51 pm

So how are the fellow maintakadins on the 2016 election results?

I'm very damned happy that bitch lost. Won't have to suffer her for four years on TV. Trump is funny, he just makes me laugh when goes for the ridiculous shit ( He called Evan McMullin McMuffin recently ).
Io.Draco

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:14 pm

Really?

Not even gonna bother replying to you anymore.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Io.Draco » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:10 am

Not even gonna bother replying to you anymore.

Well I see a lighthearted post was a bad idea. So here's a serious post.

Reality? Clinton's a bloody war monger, maybe Americans can't fathom just how damage that monster has caused. As a European the damage she's done is uncountable.

- Voting, supporting and pushing for the Iraq war. She was very public about it and only came out against the war in 2014.
- Libyan Intervention. She pushed Obama on it, and everything else on this list.
- Arming Rebels in Syria, creating a civil war that has killed hundreds of thousands of people.
- Drawing an idiotic red line on Syrian chemical weapons. That put the US in a terrible position where it had to choose between losing international face or completely destroying the last vestiges of stability in the Middle East.

Finally: Advocating for a No-Fly Zone in Syria that would have led to a war with Russia, as you know World War III

It ain't me saying it, it was the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff in Congress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaQ138ah2Io

You want to talk about Trump, fine sure, but nothing, nothing can compare to what Clinton was getting ready to do if she had won. Trump was by far considerably better then anyone else that ran for president with the exception of Rand Paul. Bernie Sanders, as much as I admire him, had no fucking clue on foreign policy, nor did Obama and see what happened with him.

So yes, FUCK THAT BITCH. Supporting Trump? It was desperation.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/ ... ote-214534

Read that article, maybe then you'll understand. Also if you believe Trump will cause World War III then I recommend reading antiwar.com

http://original.antiwar.com/justin/2016 ... tillerson/

EDIT: If this is all too serious and depressing welcome to my camp. I almost had a heart attack seeing the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs saying in Congress that Clinton's plans would cause World War III. I'd rather laugh about Trump calling the guy from Utah McMuffin then think too hard about how close we came to the complete annihilation of the human species.

Merry Christmas.
Io.Draco

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:23 am

Being a woman, minority, LGBT or poor person should be fun for the next 4 years.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Io.Draco » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:42 pm

Skye1013 wrote:Being a woman, minority, LGBT or poor person should be fun for the next 4 years.

At least there will be the next four years.

Women gave Trump the same percentage of the vote as Mitt Romney got.

So clearly women they did not think Clinton somehow represented them in any way, and for all the BS stories about Trump's accusers ( I say BS since they all came out quickly after Access Hollywood ), women were not happy to be vote for someone who had bullied a 12 year old child rape victim out of court then laughed about getting a rapist off with a light sentence

That's who women couldn't have given a damn to vote for as the 1st female president.

Minorities gave Trump the win

For the all the idiocy surrounding white male rural voters Trump won due to the following:

He got 2% more of the Latino vote the Romney, which was crucial for Florida.
He got 5% more of the Black Vote, crucial to win states like Michigan and North Carolina.
He got 11% more of the Asian vote.

The minorities literally made Trump president. Some of them because guess what: Most Blacks, Latinos and Asians are actually conservatives and some because of this: http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/ ... ote-214534

Don't commit electoral fraud to beat your opponent, it angers people.

Peter Thiel, Openly Gay Man is one of Trump's close advisers.

Trump pissed off a lot of the conservatives by slamming the North Carolina bathroom bill. Also he recently said the gay marriage ruling is settled law.
Io.Draco

Postby Skye1013 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:02 pm

You sure read a lot into my post. Just because you vote for them doesn't mean they're good for you.

Edit: And before there is any confusion, I don't mean you personally, I mean you as in voters in general. I'm not saying Hillary would be better or worse, but she'd have a lot less influence as a Democratic president with a Republican Congress.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Io.Draco » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:52 pm

I think people are people and that regardless of your minority status you want the same things overall: A better tomorrow.

Minorities who voted Trump did so because they did not feel Hillary offered them anything. It was all about her coronation.

I'm not saying Hillary would be better or worse, but she'd have a lot less influence as a Democratic president with a Republican Congress.

This is one the big reasons why Hillary's presidency scared the hell out of me. Trump has shown that he doesn't give a damn about the establishment war mongering neocons like McCain or Graham want on numerous issues, and those neocons have far too many friends in the Republican establishment and even the Democratic Establishment.

Hillary has shown over her entire political career that she is willing to do whatever the hell the establishment on the right wants her to do. She pushed for Libya and Syria, she voted for Iraq. So why would she change? Who'd hold her feet to the fire?

Her own party? Her own party was busy bending the knee to the Empress. That's why I felt Sanders was a sackfull of shit on that issue.

As for Trump. I'd remind people what he did in the Republican primaries:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhswjVPdjMw

THAT is who I supported, I put my job on the line to support him and I took a financial hit over it. Before South Carolina I knew he was the best choice on the issue. After that the debate I became a true fanboy, and nothing he's done since has proved me wrong.

Don't mistake Trump fanboys for fools however, we'll burn him hard if he does a moronic war or appoints people that want wars.

P.S. If you want to laugh some at Jeb Bush's expense watch these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsGDhdR5i48
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJXYKnupYco&t=2s
Io.Draco

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:32 pm

Here is my problem: the normalization of Hate during Trump's rise to power.

Not since the days leading to the Civil Rights Act of 1964 has there been so much hate out in the open in the United States.

I got friends facing a bunch of harassment following the Brexit. I got friends facing harassment following the Trump victory. I've been spared so far in spite of being a jew, but that's because of where I live. Were I to live somewhere else, I'm sure I'd get some harassment as well. Not that it matters, Trump has Bannon as a cabinet member.

You can't say fucking Nazis are rising within the US. You got stupid assholes like Spencer and the Based Alaska guy trying to actually get Nazism going on in the US as a good mainstream idea, literally running a platform of hate against anyone that isn't white -- and no, I won't call them alt-right, I'll call them fucking Nazis... being a jew has earned me that privilege.

And any Trump supporter that is not willing to see that, they're just as a bad as these guys.

Anyone that thinks Nazis/Alt-Rights are good, can go kiss my kishkes.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Io.Draco » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:14 pm

Brexit and racist attacks following it, how about the vicious attacks on Brexit voters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NffWa8ZlJkY

and on Trump:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLG9g7BcjKs

Watch those videos because it's irrelevant otherwise.

Oh you don't like the harassment happening to your friends. What about harassment happening to Brexit and Trump voters? That's OK eh? It's OK because they're all deplorable pieces of shit right? RIGHT?

Not since the days leading to the Civil Rights Act of 1964 has there been so much hate out in the open in the United States.

Because the last 8 years have been such a love fest of tolerance from the left, or was anyone that dared to speak out against the mainstream liberal media narrative smeared as one of the most vile pieces of shit that has ever lived.

Bernie Sanders for daring to challenge Madame President along with his supporters were smeared as being racist, misogynistic vile pieces of white trash BY THE LEFT. Hillary fucking Clinton called them BASEMENT DWELLERS.

So fuck off with your so called normalization of hate during's Trump's rise. You may have been content to ignore reality for the few years while a substantial amount of people have been made inhuman for not following the narrative but there were plenty of people that weren't.

Hence Breitbart, run by Steve Bannon, a Jewish Site with one of it's top people being a proud gay jew who's into black men.

So no I couldn't give a goddamn shit about guys like Spencer ( hang him and David Duke ) just like you and everyone like you that claims they are so tolerant couldn't give a flying fuck about the tactics taken by the left in the pursuit of so called "tolerance". Tolerance my ass!

Oh, you had to wake up to an unpleasant reality from your damned delusional dream of ponyland. Good. Welcome to reality. It's shit.

EDIT: Well that was a lot more vicious, but after watching for 1.5 year as every single Trump supporter has been smeared in every way imaginable I'm done playing nice. I've always fought to maintain a reasonable viewpoint on all things, to listen to all sides and draw conclusions from that but it seems to me that's no longer a possibility. You're either one side or another or you'll be forced to.

I choose Trump. I choose Trump for my friend in Syria who lost so much because of Obama and Hillary. I choose Trump because of how many lives Hillary has ruined, I choose Trump for all those people that have been degraded and dehumanized over all these years in the name of "tolerance". I choose Trump because we were on the verge on nuclear war and instead of cheering that we avoided that you're busy talking about some dude who has maybe at best a couple thousand followers and has zero political relevancy.

You want to hang Spencer? Go ahead, I'll buy you the damned rope, but don't smear all Trump supporters as enabling that asshole because unlike me a lot of them would sooner spit in your face then even bother replying to what you just posted, not because anyone really likes Spencer and his ilk but because a lot of us are sick and tired of being dehumanized.
Io.Draco

Postby Dion » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:47 am

Io.Draco wrote:Brexit and racist attacks following it, how about the vicious attacks on Brexit voters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NffWa8ZlJkY

and on Trump:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLG9g7BcjKs

Watch those videos because it's irrelevant otherwise.

Oh you don't like the harassment happening to your friends. What about harassment happening to Brexit and Trump voters? That's OK eh? It's OK because they're all deplorable pieces of shit right? RIGHT?

Because the last 8 years have been such a love fest of tolerance from the left, or was anyone that dared to speak out against the mainstream liberal media narrative smeared as one of the most vile pieces of shit that has ever lived.

Bernie Sanders for daring to challenge Madame President along with his supporters were smeared as being racist, misogynistic vile pieces of white trash BY THE LEFT. Hillary fucking Clinton called them BASEMENT DWELLERS.

So fuck off with your so called normalization of hate during's Trump's rise. You may have been content to ignore reality for the few years while a substantial amount of people have been made inhuman for not following the narrative but there were plenty of people that weren't.

Hence Breitbart, run by Steve Bannon, a Jewish Site with one of it's top people being a proud gay jew who's into black men.

So no I couldn't give a goddamn shit about guys like Spencer ( hang him and David Duke ) just like you and everyone like you that claims they are so tolerant couldn't give a flying fuck about the tactics taken by the left in the pursuit of so called "tolerance". Tolerance my ass!

Oh, you had to wake up to an unpleasant reality from your damned delusional dream of ponyland. Good. Welcome to reality. It's shit.

EDIT: Well that was a lot more vicious, but after watching for 1.5 year as every single Trump supporter has been smeared in every way imaginable I'm done playing nice. I've always fought to maintain a reasonable viewpoint on all things, to listen to all sides and draw conclusions from that but it seems to me that's no longer a possibility. You're either one side or another or you'll be forced to.

I choose Trump. I choose Trump for my friend in Syria who lost so much because of Obama and Hillary. I choose Trump because of how many lives Hillary has ruined, I choose Trump for all those people that have been degraded and dehumanized over all these years in the name of "tolerance". I choose Trump because we were on the verge on nuclear war and instead of cheering that we avoided that you're busy talking about some dude who has maybe at best a couple thousand followers and has zero political relevancy.

You want to hang Spencer? Go ahead, I'll buy you the damned rope, but don't smear all Trump supporters as enabling that asshole because unlike me a lot of them would sooner spit in your face then even bother replying to what you just posted, not because anyone really likes Spencer and his ilk but because a lot of us are sick and tired of being dehumanized.

Door is on your left side, use it and leave.
Dion

Postby Dion » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:20 am

Klaudandus wrote:I won't call them alt-right, I'll call them fucking Nazis... being a jew has earned me that privilege.

And any Trump supporter that is not willing to see that, they're just as a bad as these guys.

Anyone that thinks Nazis/Alt-Rights are good, can go kiss my kishkes.

Calling group x nazis or fascist is usually used when you want to make deeply emotional argument that other side is Exeedingly Evil And Bad. I personally also find it unconvinsing argument.
Dion

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:33 am

The thing is, they're actually nazis. They're doing the nazi salute and spouting white supremacist rhetoric? What else am I supposed to call them?

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/arc ... pi/508379/
---
Klaudandus

Postby Io.Draco » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:05 am

Klaudandus wrote:The thing is, they're actually nazis. They're doing the nazi salute and spouting white supremacist rhetoric? What else am I supposed to call them?

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/arc ... pi/508379/

They're either Stormfront or 4chan /Pol members or both. Effectively your national discourse has been taken over by the internet trolls and younger David Duke types. It's all thanks to the spotlight the media has and continues to put on them.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/white-nationalist/

They are Nazis and there's a huge lot of Trump supporters online that want to throw bricks at them for what they did and continue to do, but if you're going to throw everyone that supports Trump in the same pot ( and the media and Democrats certainly are ) as that jackass Richard B. Spencer...well don't be surprised if you anger a lot of people.

They can and should be isolated and eliminated, not used as tools to smear every Trump supporter as Hillary, her campaign and the media did.

Door is on your left side, use it and leave.

"Laughs" By all means, an appropriate response. Ignore everything I said, especially substance wise, because I ranted and hurled insults.

Here's a simple polite version for you then: Don't smear an entire group of voters numbering in the tens of millions because of the actions of some couple of thousands online trolls that went real life. You'll only piss off people at you and not solve a thing.

Political discourse has become what it is because the media and politicians on the left have used every possible way to silence anyone raising a dissenting voice on their side. Bill Clinton was silenced by Hillary's campaign staff for telling them numerous times to not ignore rural working class voters. They did it for Bernie Sanders, they did it for Joe Biden. Didn't work out so well for her.
Last edited by Io.Draco on Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:18 am, edited 4 times in total.
Io.Draco

Postby Io.Draco » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:13 am

Among all the fear mongering on Trump there's something crucial that the media isn't covering because it would benefit them if it passed:

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2016/12/t ... neutrality
https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2016/12/n ... ality-2016

Net neutrality's very likely to end up dying. No one's doing a damned thing about that and something should be done about it.
Io.Draco

Postby degre » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:26 am

Klaudandus wrote:I got friends facing a bunch of harassment following the Brexit. I got friends facing harassment following the Trump victory. I've been spared so far in spite of being a jew, but that's because of where I live. Were I to live somewhere else, I'm sure I'd get some harassment as well. Not that it matters, Trump has Bannon as a cabinet member.

Yeah, I'm one of them, since I made the statement that I support Brexit I have been harassed from so called liberals in numerous ways.

I am an Italian living in UK since 2005, in 12 years in the country I have never been harassed for being a foreigner, nobody ever dared, well, being a 6 feet leather clad biker might help to be fair :lol:

Starting this Summer, when I have declared myself pro-Brexit I received numerous abusive comments and remarks, from people calling me an idiot to people saying that they can't be friend with me any more because of my views. People that never even bothered to ask why I made such a choice, because these self professed modern liberals don't really respect any opinion other their own, and if you think any different you are called an idiot and ostracised.

Does it sound liberal to you? Because to me sounds like intolerance and bigotry.

After being repeatedly offended I made a post on my Facebook page whit a massive rant discussing the above, you know what came out? Brexit supporters that were scared of voicing their opinion in public to avoid repercussions, some people even refused to reply in public and sent me a private message because they didn't want any harassment.

Idiots are idiots, and they're on both side.

Let's stop calling each other names and start discussing policies, shall we?
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien | Sousuke
degre

Previous

Return to Arkham Asylum