LGBT rights discussion

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Re: LGBT rights discussion

Postby Nooska » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:01 am

fuzzygeek wrote:> Another change will allow children to choose to use any toilet facilities they prefer

There's no possible way this can go wrong.

Well I know several schools over here thats been doing that for... years and years... (Unisex toilets, no urinals, just booths, and several single booth toilets)

Edit:
Now we just have to teach the damned kids to lock the doors... anecdote - last time I was an election monitor (in november, not the EP elections) I needed to go to the bathroom, and open the door while talking to someone else, stepping in to the single booth toilet, starting to close the door, turning my gaze and there was a kid sitting on the toilet...
That could have "gone horribly wrong"* if I had closed the door while talking.. :(

*appearance wise - there is a sort of running scare of child molesters - so far as to have male pedagogues not be allowed to change diapers or have kids sitting on their laps in some integrated institutions, because someone might get the wrong idea....
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:57 pm

six-year-olds aren't qualified to understand identity issues and that as some of them can't even use the toilet yet

Is this a common issue amongst six year olds? I thought the majority were potty trained well before then... or is it that six year olds don't usually go without assistance? I'm asking seriously because it's been a long time since I was six... or dealt with anyone that was...
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Sagara » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:09 pm

Skye1013 wrote:
six-year-olds aren't qualified to understand identity issues and that as some of them can't even use the toilet yet

Is this a common issue amongst six year olds? I thought the majority were potty trained well before then... or is it that six year olds don't usually go without assistance? I'm asking seriously because it's been a long time since I was six... or dealt with anyone that was...

They're supposed to be potty trained around 3-ish. Can still fail from time to time, but he should grasp the idea. Do note the mention of "some of them". Gather two 6yo's and voilà! "Some of them".

I'm lucky I only got a boy, but I sure as hell already feel awkwrad going into women's bathroom for emergency diaper changes...
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:39 am

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/1094 ... males.html
"Paedophilic interest is natural and normal for human males,” said the presentation. “At least a sizeable minority of normal males would like to have sex with children … Normal males are aroused by children.”
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Nooska » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:51 am

Wow...
Skimming the article, I spotted this quote "But to others on the Left, sex by or with children was just another repressive boundary to be swept away" - I wasn't aware it was a left/right political issue (if anything it would be liberalism versus authoritarianism). The way it is used, it seems almost slanderous towards "the left", I sense repressed anger at "free spirits" (hippies or the like) from the author of the article.

That said, I was reading up on sexuality in regards to politics (more specifically, legislatively) due to some calls for tightening some liberal laws we have in denmark some years back. I found several studies (that seemed legit and from institutions that still are legit) suggesting that 'the natural order' for sexual attraction in human males would be characterized as ephebophilia - 'natural order' being pure biology/reproduction.
(Coincidentally, ephebophilia would be quite legal to act on in denmark with the age categories given on the wikipedia article; age of consent is 15, no "statutory rape" laws either for 15+ persons - it isn't something that would be well liked socially, but it is legal).

There is quite a ways from ephebophilia to hebo- or pedophilia though (Excluding the fact that another wiki article says hebo- and ephebophilia is the same, but differentiating genders, ephebo- being attraction to males and hebo- being attraction to females - not in agreement with what it says on the respective pages -- in other words, reservations here taken for the understanding of the words, as wikipedia is not in agreement with itself)
Main Characters:

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Klaudandus » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:36 am

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/r ... er-america
It’s not an exaggeration to say homofascist because the German Nazi Party was homosexual, Hitler was a homosexual, the top Nazi leadership, all of them were homosexuals, it was a radical homosexual movement that gained political power, military power, and they were creating a homosexual special race. That’s what it was all about. It wasn’t this thing about an Aryan race of white people, blue-eyed, blonde-haired, white people, Hitler was trying to create a race of super gay male soldiers. That’s what he was creating.

When you understand what the real agenda of the homosexual movement was in the 30s and 40s and you see it is happening now here in the United States of America. I’m telling you, this is not an exaggeration. If it’s not stopped, it will end up in America just like it was in Germany but it won’t be the Jews that will be slaughtered, it will be the Christians.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Nooska » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:26 am

Right there, we see the danger of the ability to pick and choose what gets taught in school based on preexisting prejudices....

yikes...
Main Characters:

Nooska

Postby Klaudandus » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:27 am

Nooska wrote:Right there, we see the danger of the ability to pick and choose what gets taught in school based on preexisting prejudices....

yikes...

Not to mention it makes no sense. Wouldn't a super gay soldier race die within one generation? XD (Yeah, I am being cheeky)
---
Klaudandus

Postby Nooska » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:23 am

Klaudandus wrote:
Nooska wrote:Right there, we see the danger of the ability to pick and choose what gets taught in school based on preexisting prejudices....

yikes...

Not to mention it makes no sense. Wouldn't a super gay soldier race die within one generation? XD (Yeah, I am being cheeky)

No, you see, being gay is a choice (though apparently breedable ?!?), so they would just keep a horde of slave women to breed with when they needed to make new gay babies - reverse amazon.

*tongue in cheek*

(I assume noone takes that seriously coming from me, right?... right???)
Main Characters:

Nooska

Postby Sagara » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:23 am

Nooska wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:Not to mention it makes no sense. Wouldn't a super gay soldier race die within one generation? XD (Yeah, I am being cheeky)

No, you see, being gay is a choice (though apparently breedable ?!?), so they would just keep a horde of slave women to breed with when they needed to make new gay babies - reverse amazon.

*tongue in cheek*

(I assume noone takes that seriously coming from me, right?... right???)

Remember that quote about human stupidity? Consider yourself lucky if no-one finds this that actually gets offended.

What I find doubly insulting in this clusterfuck of a quote is how it tramples the graves of the thousands of homosexuals that were hauled off to the gas chambers, alongside the romani, the *abnormals*, the political dissidents and, yes, the jews.

Which leads to an interesting parralel - what if we switch homosexual and jew in the quote? what *exactly* does it say about the quoter? Remember that other quote about learning history's lessons?
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:30 am

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/2 ... 27653.html

More and more appellate courts are using Scalia's own words to strike down gay marriage bans. I have the feeling that Scalia was not expecting that.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:07 pm

---
Klaudandus

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:07 pm

Klaudandus wrote:http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/2014/08/27/listen_to_judge_richard_posner_destroy_arguments_against_gay_marriage.html?wpsrc=fol_fb

That's beautiful.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to Arkham Asylum