Remove Advertisements

Tanking Birds on Way to Akil'zon Running Oom

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Tanking Birds on Way to Akil'zon Running Oom

Postby Lightbeard » Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:48 am

I've been tanking the birds to Akil'zon and I always seem to run oom after like 3 groups

my question is what would be the best consecration to downrank to to help me manage mana and aggro
Lightbeard

Postby Invisusira » Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:12 am

Just wear crappier gear. Never downrank.
Invisusira

Postby Stricker » Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:14 am

Stricker

Postby Seloei » Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:52 am

Why are you only tanking 2 mobs? Pull moar mobs! MORE! :P

when the OT pulls the tempest i usually still have 5-7 on me and no mana issues and no "spikeing to hell" also. If your going oom, pull more, pull as many as you feel comfortable with and enough not to tax the healers too much
Seloei

Postby Makaijin » Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:51 am

If anything the melee elites (the Protectors) should be AoE'd down and along with the mini eagles and prioritised last. Your tanking partner should be tanking and the dps should be point killing the casters (the Wind Walkers). After all the Wind Walkers (3-4 of them) are dead your tanking partner should pull the Tempest all while you AoE tank everything else.
Makaijin

Postby Alicianna » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:22 am

Easy one: As most people have already stated: Pull more mobs! I do not recommend under gearing to much. It puts more stress on the healers an in the end slows you down. I prefer taking on the first two groups (4 Adds) take one down and pull the third group. Al the while moving up the hill with a maximum of 5 mobs. The depending on the situation either I or th off-tank takes on the tempest. If you are doing a timed run just wait until all of your guildmates are on the plattform and engage the Eagle even if your mana is only around 25%.

I recommend wearing T-Set gear for Int. Ther is no use in wearing warrior stuff in timed runs because you might run into mana issues even if you pot all the time...
Alicianna

Postby Ashmadai » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:15 am

What I do on this is tell my Druid OT to grab the guys who come from the back, and then the Tempest at the end. Everything else I tank. I mark the wind walkers with a skull so they get single targeted, the protectors and birds all get AoEed as I work my way up. Very easy, and no mana problems.
Ashmadai

Postby moduspwnens » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:16 am

As I run up, I mark the Wind Walkers for my OT. I grab everything else. I usually pull three groups at a time, and as the first group dies, I pull another. This works in my gear to keep my mana up, as long as nothing gets behind me. With the Mortal Strike from the Protectors, you don't want TOO much burst.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:11 am

If you are in t4 gear: YOu pull 2 groups, other tank pulls a windwalker off you, that windwalker duies then the one still on you. Pull another group and proceed on the same pace until the tempest can be pulled(no windwalkers left).
t5 gear: Pull all but the last windwalker group in a quick horse run. Focus down windwalkers but make sure to lock at least 2 of them down to avoid healing. Second tank can tank themfor the focus fire.
t6 gear: pull and aoe everything, including tempest(usually on the second tank but you can do it too). non aoers locking down the windwalkers.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby shifttusk » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:22 pm

I had been very worried to run za (14.6khp unbuffed) on my badge/kara geared pally. Within 2 seconds of eagle trash

Easylay: Uhm need more mobs just pull the big dude on the stairs off of meh.

The trash asside from the ones that MS do not hit too hard at all. Just grab it all :).
Shifttusk - 70 Hunter Executus 0/20/41
Easylay - 70 Paladin Anetheron 0/49/12
shifttusk

Postby BigBlueCheese » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:26 pm

Like stated before just tank more. If you've got the gear tanking 5+ mobs plus a group of birds is a decent way to get some mana back.

I wear heavy block gear so I get a more steady flow of mana back.
BigBlueCheese

Postby inthedrops » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:32 am

Makaijin wrote:If anything the melee elites (the Protectors) should be AoE'd down and along with the mini eagles and prioritised last. Your tanking partner should be tanking and the dps should be point killing the casters (the Wind Walkers). After all the Wind Walkers (3-4 of them) are dead your tanking partner should pull the Tempest all while you AoE tank everything else.

This. I think she described it perfectly.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby hotlips » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:39 am

i usually tank the front, while our warrior tank takes the warriors that run uphill. I take 2 protectors and 2 wind callers and all the birds, when I'm on the last few mobs the warrior pulls the tempest. ezmode and i dont go oom.
hotlips

Postby Rokh » Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:46 am

What i do is have my druid friend tank the first windwalker, and i collect the 1st melee guy and pull him up to the 2nd and 3rd full group.

(so now i have 3 melee+2 wind walkers)

I build as much threat as possible (wings+trinket) while the raid dps's the 1st windwalker, then they come up to me and AoE the whole group into the floor. you single target dps (hunters and like) on the windwalkers.

At this point the 2 back spawns should show up, kill them, then go get the last group of wind/melee combo while your druid goes and grabs the tempest. (if you still have crap attacking you from the 1st pull, walk backwards so you dont get wtfowned) the idea here isnt to kill everything you have, if your dps is slow you just need to kill enough of them so you can grab the last pack and stop the event.

have your druid tank the tempest away from the raid so everyone doesnt get AoE'ed, kill your trash first then the tempest.
Rokh

Postby Frickit » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:45 am

i smash the sit button and strip a little. i replace avoidance stuff with spell damage stuff. skip a few holy shields. etc.
Frickit

Next

Return to Zul'aman