Nalorakk with druid OT problem

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Nalorakk with druid OT problem

Postby ldeboer » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:25 pm

Had a guild druid OT with me last in ZA and we would go thru a couple of transitions and then he would get smashed like 100% health down to 0 in a few seconds.

Was weird to me I was taking very moderate damage when I tried tanking on either phase infact I was more struggling with mana at times. We switched it around me tanking human and bear always same result.

It was never at start of phase change he would have it be tanking it then drop dead half way thru phase.

Unfortunately I dont usually run with druid's that much have more warrior guildie mates so what I know about druid tanks you can write on a postage stamp.

He had over 20KHP which to me seemed massive but only 390 def.

What he did say was Nalorakk hit progressively harder and harder with each transition. To me he kind of hits the same all the way thru the fight or is it cause I am taking so moderate damage I can not see it's increasing.

I didn't know the healers well enough to ask alot of questions and he has apparently tanked this guy before.

Anyone able to shed some light on what might be going on.
ldeboer

Re: Nalorakk with druid OT problem

Postby Novariety » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:03 pm

ldeboer wrote:He had over 20KHP which to me seemed massive but only 390 def.

390 defense? I hope he has some resilience in there as the uncrit mark for bears are 415.

As far as this fight is concerned I have a bear help tank and he usually goes bear phase only issue we have if any is when the silence hits but we have him HoT'ed up anywyas from both the tree and priest.

Edit: oh and hi from another Perth resident :D.
Novariety

Re: Nalorakk with druid OT problem

Postby ldeboer » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:33 pm

Novariety wrote:
ldeboer wrote:He had over 20KHP which to me seemed massive but only 390 def.

390 defense? I hope he has some resilience in there as the uncrit mark for bears are 415.

As far as this fight is concerned I have a bear help tank and he usually goes bear phase only issue we have if any is when the silence hits but we have him HoT'ed up anywyas from both the tree and priest.

Edit: oh and hi from another Perth resident :D.

Thanks I wondered if it was something like that because my damage was always consistant but I could see his was spikey and infact worse on the human form I think because it swings faster.

And I guess thats it we kind of rumble along until a couple of crits in a row land and bang dead. Thats what got me it's not like his health slowly dropped down during silence or a slash or something it was like wham out of nowhere dead.

I guess moral of the story every tank needs to make sure there uncrittable before any other stat.
ldeboer

Postby Seloei » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:56 am

If you didn't stack on human form, he might have eaten a full brutal slash (12k) followed by a crit (10k) and that would pretty much say why he went down so fast.
If he doesn't have crit immune he is not ready by far to tank anything in za. 415 defense or 390 defense + 40 resilience at minimum.

He got crited and died. If he wasn't critable he would be an awesome tank for Nalorak/halazzi
Seloei

Postby Ashmadai » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:30 am

Sounds like he just got critted in the face. Seriously, if I was in your shoes I'd be extremely pissed that somebody came into my ZA so unprepared. I give my DPSers a hard time if they can't do good damage, and I would give a healer a hard time if they were sleeping, and tanks are no different.
Ashmadai

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:14 am

Crittable at 70 just isn't supposed to happen *at all*.

Now... Bear does most of the damage of the fight. Unless the health pool difference is insane, i'd suggest to put you on the bear form. Part of the damage doesn't get armor reduction anyway, but gets RF reduction and (god forbid) AD. A Hotted tank shouldn't die during silences either.
And of course bears have a little farked hitboxes, but you should be good.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby rodos » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:00 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:Crittable at 70 just isn't supposed to happen *at all*.

Now... Bear does most of the damage of the fight. Unless the health pool difference is insane, i'd suggest to put you on the bear form. Part of the damage doesn't get armor reduction anyway, but gets RF reduction and (god forbid) AD. A Hotted tank shouldn't die during silences either.
And of course bears have a little farked hitboxes, but you should be good.

Normally I take the troll and druid takes the bear. I have AD damage reduction, but he packs nearly the same amount of DoT reduction via Resil (I think about 5% to my 6%). He has a bigger hit pool by a couple of k so less stress during the silence.
rodos

Postby Seloei » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:57 pm

I'd drop a bear with the same health pool as me on the bear due to his higher avoidance, he hits fairly decently on bear phase combine that with an unlucky flurry of hits while silence hits, it can be messy. Also troll hits faster so more threat from holy shield and you can frisbee him while his running to a member/back for some extra threat.
The main reason however is since the first one who starts determines how fast the dps can go ballsout. If you have a "geared" tank and an "undergeared" tank, put the one who won't threat cap the dps on troll and the other one on the bear, unless he can't survive the bear phase.
Seloei

Postby Mordinm » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:54 am

Many bears wear some PvP Feral gear as it is relatively good for tanking. Just because he only has 390 defense does not mean he was critable. With a HP pool over 20k in ZA I am betting he had at least a couple of peices of Vengful or Vindicators on.
Mordinm

Return to Zul'aman