Remove Advertisements

ZA 4 Timers

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

ZA 4 Timers

Postby Blitzago » Thu May 29, 2008 11:40 am

Im just wondering how much time you need after the bear and dragonhawk to get the 4 timers.

We currently are gonna run

Prot War
Prot Pally
Rogue 1000 DPS
Rogue 950 DPS
Resto Druid

Ele Shammy 1100 DPS
Mage 1300 DPS
Shadow Priest 900 DPS
Warlock 1200 DPS
Holy Pally

We just tried to 2 heal it, but were missing our prot pally so took a bear druid instead and we had roughly 25 mins after the bear, but kinda screwed up on the next few cause we werent with our normal group.

I was wondering if we have the DPS to do it

Our prot war I was thinking instead of using commanding shout, since hes 20k buffed without his shout, to use battle shout to get a little more DPS out of the rogues. I was wondering if that was viable.

Next try were most likely gonna practice shaving some time like soothing bears on the way to nalorakk.
Blitzago

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu May 29, 2008 12:38 pm

Our resident prot warrior (gm) respecs into blood frenzy or whatever the arms raid damage debuff is for Bear runs and does all the necessary secondary tanking. He takes on humanoid nalorakk, soaks Halazzi's cleave and dpses whenever i'm not tanking something(which doesn't really happen till Malacrass where he tanks the second mob of the 2 we usually kill while I build threat on Malacrass.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Blitzago » Thu May 29, 2008 12:45 pm

Thanks for the reply.

Last night when we ran we had no heroism and totems so DPS was a little lower than usual.

So im sure it would be a couple minutes quicker with this group especially with totems/heroisms. We dropped the first 2 bosses in around 3:10 - 3:30 each, killed Dhawk in around 4:00 which I thought was slow, which we had a few people die cause we had no pally for the hawks but still managed to kill him, and on lynx we had a around 4 minute kill.
Blitzago

Postby jere » Thu May 29, 2008 12:45 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:Our resident prot warrior (gm) respecs into blood frenzy or whatever the arms raid damage debuff is for Bear runs and does all the necessary secondary tanking. He takes on humanoid nalorakk, soaks Halazzi's cleave and dpses whenever i'm not tanking something(which doesn't really happen till Malacrass where he tanks the second mob of the 2 we usually kill while I build threat on Malacrass.

How many healers do yall run for the timed event? I have been trying to get my guild to go to two from three, but they are an antsy folk.
jere

Postby Blitzago » Thu May 29, 2008 12:48 pm

jere wrote:
Snake-Aes wrote:Our resident prot warrior (gm) respecs into blood frenzy or whatever the arms raid damage debuff is for Bear runs and does all the necessary secondary tanking. He takes on humanoid nalorakk, soaks Halazzi's cleave and dpses whenever i'm not tanking something(which doesn't really happen till Malacrass where he tanks the second mob of the 2 we usually kill while I build threat on Malacrass.

How many healers do yall run for the timed event? I have been trying to get my guild to go to two from three, but they are an antsy folk.
Being the pally healer, if you have a good Resto druid or a Priest, it is quite easy. Not as hard as I thought. You should have some hots for the bear. Both our healers are around 2100 bonus heal.

Our pally tank managed to do some pretty decent DPS hes around 500 - 600 but he runs with like 700 spell damage or so, he uses 2 spell damage trinkets and is still around 15k health unbuffed which is plenty.

Also I was thinking to speed it up, have everyone bring around 15 - 20 mana pots for casters, and Haste/Destruction pots for increased DPS. Our only other option is to drop one of our rogues for another good Holy Pally and have our resto druid go feral for the 5 percent crit, he does around 900 DPS also.
Blitzago

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu May 29, 2008 12:51 pm

jere wrote:

2. Aside from combos of same class(pally pally), we've done pretty much everything. Typically is a CoH priest and a shaman or druid.
Ah, I also get to be in the caster group 90% of the time. Shadow priest >>>>>>>>>>> all on threat and chainpulling.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Re: ZA 4 Timers

Postby Lookit » Thu May 29, 2008 1:44 pm

Blitzago wrote:We just tried to 2 heal it, but were missing our prot pally so took a bear druid instead and we had roughly 25 mins after the bear, but kinda screwed up on the next few cause we werent with our normal group.

Our most recent timed run we had 30 mins on the timer when we started dragonhawk trash. We had a couple screwups on lynx trash that cost us 3 minutes or so, but finished with about 5 minutes on the timer.

All casters should bring ample mana pots and use them liberally during trash. You should never have to wait for anyone to drink except for 5-10 seconds at most before each boss to get everyone close to full.

I would *definitely* make sure that the prot pally and shadow priest are in the same group, or else there's just no way to avoid having to wait for the pally to drink, even with constant mana pot spamming. On trash, you're not taking enough damage to have full mana from SA, and you can't threat cap your DPS. (That said, there are definitely ways to economize on trash, such as stunning and then taunting a mob instead of wasting mana on building a lot of threat - that's 9 seconds that you don't have to worry about the mob hitting anyone else, which is enough time to down many trash mobs)

The best advice I can probably give is to download and watch the Elitist Jerks timed run video. Great narration by Gurgthok, so you have a really good idea of what's going on and how they are handling things.

http://files.filefront.com/EJZA+Speed/; ... einfo.html
Lookit

Postby Seloei » Thu May 29, 2008 10:48 pm

We've been running with 3 healers for as long as i can remember and the last 3 bears we got with 2-3 minutes left on the clock (short time left, yeah). me/resto sham/druid are t6 geared, rest of them are t4/za/badge loot mostly.

prot pala
prot war

Resto Sham
Resto Druid
Resto sham or holy pala.
shadowpriest

enh shammie
hunter
hunter
mage

The most important thing is never to wait for someone to drink unless you are waiting for a pat to go past. They have mana potions for a reason, and demonic runes if they know they need more.

As for timers, the only one that matters is time left after Dhawk. If it's 15 minutes or more, you can get the bear. If it's less then you are quite probably out of luck.
Seloei

Postby Ryuusuke » Thu May 29, 2008 10:58 pm

I organize ever single Timed-ZA in our guild. Setup is pretty consistant..

1 Pally Tank
1 Warrior (DMG Specced with T6 DefGear)
2 Healer (mostly Pala + X)
6x DPS
-> 1 Rogue
-> 1 Hunter
-> 1 Mage
-> 1 Shadow
-> 1 Lock
-> Either another Ranged Offspecc (Elemental, Boonkin) or something with melee/tanksupport (Meleeshaman, Retripala)

Though we're able to run a 2 Healer setup due to our Equipment-standards which are at a T6 Level and above...

If we don't slack we're at around 6-7 Minutes left on the timer.

As for the time Past Boss#3
You'll need AT LEAST 10 Minutes. Though if you can beat it in 10 Minutes, you're more likely to have something around 20 Minutes left... xD
12-13 Minutes is quite common, more is better. Simply don't make mistakes and don't suck on the lynx packs
Ryuusuke

Postby Lowgrus » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:22 am

My guild has recently starting doing bear mount runs. My god they are the funnest things I've ever done. Heres what we go with currently and we usually finish it with about 5 minutes left on timer. I was wondering if theres anything we can do to improve it in case we need to change group set up.

We all flask up for these runs as to to make easier, really really makes a difference.

Group 1:

Prot Paladin
Prot Warrior( have questions about what he can tank as fury in prot gear)
Holy Paladin
Resto Shaman
Shadow Priest

Group 2 :

BM Hunter
Elemental Shaman
Enchancment Shaman
Warlock
Mage

I MT all the bosses. and we do dragonhawk amazing. We hatch the left side. Kill em all. Kill Both Hatchers next time. 30 percent all eggs hatch on right and I pick em up instantaniously.

I was wondering is it really worth having the prot warrior spec fury and using prot gear? I mean for most trash with only two healers he really takes extra burden off of me? Also you guys think that without the extra lust we'd still make the timers becuase are going to go with same group till all 10 of us have bear mounts. Then thinking about switching out enchancment shaman for another lock/mage/shadowpriest/boomkin or something like that. Think We'd still make the timer?

Also our dps were chugging man apots like mad. Each run now the poor elemental shaman has used 30 mana pots, dont know about the other dps classes. but the fuckers better be.

Edited to suggest making sure your ppl are using mana pots.
Lowgrus

Postby Seloei » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:31 am

if your bringing 6 dps and have 5 minutes on the clock, even a greenie dps will be enough to get you the mount (assuming he doesn't mess up badly)
Seloei

Postby Novariety » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:53 pm

Our last 2 timed runs have netted us 2 bear mounts the 1st we had 14 min left after the Dragonhawk and had about 30 secs left by the time the Lynx dropped. The 2nd bear run success we had 19 min left after the dragonhawk but fluffed our way to the lynx to beat it by about 1 1/2 min. RL nubbed the 1st lynx trash by trying to run past the 1st pack before the druid soothed the cat, so we had to kill those. A couple of people decided to stand where they shouldnt causing them to evade resetting 3 times, fun. The 2nd mistake I nubbed it, after waterwalking past the croc pat I didn't realise I had a seal already queued and because of the macro I have it targetted one of the non hostile crocs when I went to queue a seal ready for the invis lynx which pulled the pat and the invis lynx wiping the raid :o.

Anyways the difference's between the 2 runs as group make up is concerned was that we had a Ret Pally in which replaced a hunter and our resto shammy put on his pewpew gear for everything other than a couple of the bosses.

Our group is made up of T5/badge gear and consists of:

Pally Tank (me)
Feral Druid (mainly kitty and helps tank when needed)
CoH Priest
Resto Shammy (would pewpew and heal when needed)
Tree Druid
2 x Warlocks
Rogue
Ret Pally
Shadow Priest

We decided to roll for the mounts after the 1st one as it actually went to the tree druid who happened to be on her 1st ZA run with us. Which annoyed a few of the regulars. Anyone coming in from now on will be put on the bottom of the list which atm is occupied by me :( 4 weeks till I get my bear.
Novariety

Postby Blitzago » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:39 pm

So the group setup I think might work best after some research would be

Prot War
Rogue
Warlock
Tree Druid
Rogue

Shadow Priest
Ele Shammy
Prot Pally
Mage
Holy Pally

We would require less downtime for that, and when 1 healer is drinking the other is healing, and so on. And prot pally should have a steady flow
of mana.

Also our Prot Pally would be running with an insane amount of Spell damage with the totem

He would be 528 + 101 + 42(Oil) + 43(Threat Trinket) + 23(food) + 80(Flask) = so 817 Spell damage, or he could lose 40 and switch to his wep with mongoose on it, to help out the healers and possibly drop the threat trinket for DMV.
Blitzago

Postby Aerfalle » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:36 pm

12-13 minutes, I agree with that.

That's a minimum though, like if you do everything perfectly after Dragonhawk.
Aerfalle

Re: ZA 4 Timers

Postby Caelus » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:34 pm

Lookit wrote:
Our most recent timed run we had 30 mins on the timer when we started dragonhawk trash. We had a couple screwups on lynx trash that cost us 3 minutes or so, but finished with about 5 minutes on the timer.

That would be the average time for my runs as well. The most time at the start of Dragonhawk trash I remember is 32min. The least I think 28min.

Also, alot of you guys have suggested prot warriors, though I beg to differ. First of all, a prot pally is a must have due to us being optimal choice for Dragonhawks and Lynx pickup. Now for the other tank, getting a druid brings higher DPS, getting a warrior brings nothing (unless he is tanking in fury).
Caelus

Next

Return to Zul'aman