Jan'alai Hatchlings; Two sides, One hatcher.

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Jan'alai Hatchlings; Two sides, One hatcher.

Postby Peredemer » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:30 pm

Quick question about a possible strat that my guild will be using when doing the timed event from now on (currently 2 minutes off the timer)

Last night while doing it, the DPS assigned to killing the 2nd hatcher (first was killed) was fresh to the timed runs and i hadn't explained to him the full extent of his role.

As a result we hatched both sides, at the same time, with one hatcher.

All the eggs released on the first side, i had wings and a FoBL on (700 SD) so a i got 2 whole consecrates into the whole side (last hatch batch got maybe 1/2 thought)
Then the egg phase started, noticing the botch up, i ran to the other side with the whole pack after the fire bombs and picked up the other side too.
There was no issue with threat, and they were AOE'd down quickly - i was left with 78 fire debuffs (flame cones took me from 100%-20%, no unlucky fire cones during add tanking)

the interesting thing about this is we managed to get the boss down so quickly, he died with 80 seconds left on the soft enrage clock...

This seemed to work so well and with us trying to skimp seconds now rather than minutes of trash clears were tempted to stick with this 'method'.

Question is; Is this worth the risk? is this a known/used method already?
Peredemer

Postby Gerilith » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:09 am

I don't think it is worth the risk.
But we have enough DPS to bring him to 35% just before the second Addwave spawns (which is quite comfortable. We always killed one hatcher, let the other open one side completely and killed him afterwards. The 35% mark has always been reached before hatchers 3 and 4 were finished with the second side.

PS: I drop cons, activate HS and dispell as long as both CDs are counting. It helps a lot with the number of debuffs. Fire aura is standard, anyway.
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

Postby Questioner » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:28 am

It is quite a common strategy for achieveing the timed run. I've always prefered the "one side -> burn to 35 -> autohatch" myself.
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Not necessarily accurate: Armory
Questioner

Postby Wraith » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:16 am

I have done the hatch one side and then auto hatch at 35% and it works great. You have to have your dps pull off the boss to kill the hatchers everytime they spawn. The quickest way I have seen it done that is still safe is hatch one side, then when the hatchers respawn completely hatch the other side.
Wraith

Return to Zul'aman