Remove Advertisements

Lynx spirit taunt

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Averroes » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:42 am

You don't have to kill the cat, when the cat appears you can run to it since the trolls cat form doesn't do any lashes and pull the cat back to where you wear and get ready for the next transaction. It helps to put up a consecrate when he is about to shift phases so you can pick up the cat easily.
Averroes

Postby Suzytincan » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:15 am

I'm a fairly new tankadin and have only been in ZA a handful of times. So don't necessarily take my word on this. Try it for yourself to be sure!

However, I was having a lot of trouble taunting the Spirit last night. I have a fairly simple macro I pull out for this fight:

/target Spirit
/assist
/cast Righteous Defense
/target Spirit

What I noticed was that when I used it, it would burn my taunt (macro worked), but the Spirit didn't seem to be affected. After playing around a bit (and watching the Spirit eat the same poor resto shammy twice), I noticed that if I hit it as soon as the Spirit spawns it never works. If I wait until the Spirit starts dashing off to gnaw on someone, it worked every time. It would seem that even though the Spirit gains a target when he spawns, he isn't actually a valid target for RD. When he darts off, that's the time to hit it.
Suzytincan - 70 BE Paladin, Blackhand, US
0/55/6
Suzytincan

Postby Frickit » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:39 am

still he will retarget. judge fast and have your aoe up. if he goes out of range then throw shield, squishys will have to wait one second.
Frickit

Postby Fahsky » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:30 am

Enesch wrote:There is another thread here where Puss posted this macro:

/cleartarget
/targetexact Spirit of the Lynx
/stopmacro [target=target, noexists]
/cast Judgement

I lay down a consecrate 1% or 2% before spawn time with Seal of Blood up, then spam this macro. Works like a champ.

I used this in our last ZA run, & it does indeed work like a champ. XD On the tries before this, I was having major issues with the Lynx, so it was basically a 180 in success for me.
Fahsky

Previous

Return to Zul'aman