Lynx spirit taunt

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Lynx spirit taunt

Postby Frickit » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:42 am

How do you all grab the spirit as an OT? I use a target/taunt macro that effectively targets him and taunts but he has yet to come right to me. Sometimes nothing happens and he goes beserk. Other times he looks at me for a split second then goes beserk.

I havent any problems as I just throw my capt. shield and we are good but I dont see why the taunt wouldnt be enough to have him come right to me when he splits.

Any thoughts ?
Frickit

Postby Enesch » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:48 am

There is another thread here where Puss posted this macro:

/cleartarget
/targetexact Spirit of the Lynx
/stopmacro [target=target, noexists]
/cast Judgement

I lay down a consecrate 1% or 2% before spawn time with Seal of Blood up, then spam this macro. Works like a champ.
Enesch

Re: Lynx spirit taunt

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:48 am

Frickit wrote:How do you all grab the spirit as an OT? I use a target/taunt macro that effectively targets him and taunts but he has yet to come right to me. Sometimes nothing happens and he goes beserk. Other times he looks at me for a split second then goes beserk.

I havent any problems as I just throw my capt. shield and we are good but I dont see why the taunt wouldnt be enough to have him come right to me when he splits.

Any thoughts ?
If he's aggroed against 200 healing threat on a healer, it's not a taunt that will make the next 200 healing threat be less than 130% of his threat on you.

"Taunt" is not threat generation at all, you can't rely on it to have the mob stick to you as you start a fight.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Frickit » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:08 am

cool ill try that macro. ya i realize its not generating actual threat but even when hes on my ass and i hit the taunt I figure it should be enough in that split sec to grab him but hes just boltin to one person, lookin at me for an instant than bookin it to someone else. I guess you just gotta judge him quick as hell.
Frickit

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:13 am

Frickit wrote:cool ill try that macro. ya i realize its not generating actual threat but even when hes on my ass and i hit the taunt I figure it should be enough in that split sec to grab him but hes just boltin to one person, lookin at me for an instant than bookin it to someone else. I guess you just gotta judge him quick as hell.
Pretty much. the Lynx-Grabbing is a very threat sensitive factor of the fight, and the healers are dishing out massive threat. Expecting RD to work at all isn't the best idea either, as he's probably very retarget-happy.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Frickit » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:20 am

thanks...big help here. It was our first try at him last night and we got him after a few totem wipes and one or two tank death wipes. Last try the healing was great and the totems were being burned and it was easy.

The spirit was not an issue even when he got away i just threw my shield and he came right back and no one died... but i did have to listen on vent to "Lynx is loose!!! hes all over!!! get HIM!!!" Im thinkin to myself, relax guys lol. So id like to just make it look smoother.
Frickit

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:27 am

That's a common dpser mistake. Loose mob with living tank = leave it alone for the tank. Few understand this and it's the single reason we always wipe on lynx on the rare cases it goes loose. Desperate dpsers don't realize they're not helping by building crazy threat.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby kalbear » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:56 am

We found it a lot easier to just DPS halazzi. It makes the 'kill a totem' a lot faster for melee DPS and he takes a fair amount of damage anyway. It means that DPS isn't fighting the tank to take the cat either; the offtank can just go grab him.
kalbear

Postby ehly » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:42 pm

I just have the warriors get the kitty :D

We also have found staying on Halazzi to be much better for us as well.
ehly

Postby Frickit » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:32 pm

ehly wrote:I just have the warriors get the kitty :D

We also have found staying on Halazzi to be much better for us as well.

yea we two shotted him on first attempt and killin the spirit never crossed our minds. totems totems totems
Frickit

Postby ShieldLove » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:39 am

My macro is usually something like

/press Consecration
/wait 1
(summon lynx)
/press tab
/click Frisbee
/continue tanking

Works like a charm
ShieldLove

Postby Sthallas » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:45 am

Use your tab key, keep all dps on Halazzi.
Sthallas

Postby sweeney » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:13 am

If the healers can stay calm and wait until you pick up the Lynx to finish topping off the raid AOE from the split, that also helps quite a bit. I recognize there's not much time before the first totem can appear and they want everyone topped off by then, but if they hold until I have at least Judged the spirit things tend to go more smoothly.
Sweeney: 80 Paladin, Runetotem
sweeney

Postby Frickit » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:03 am

when i was doing it last week i had retarded fps/lag in ZA especially. I have improved it since. But simply pressin tab and even layin down 2-3-4- consecrations up til he spawns wasnt keepin him from darting off.

What i was trying to do initally is have a target macro including an instant (righteous defense) the taunt works but not enough to stop him from switchin targets a lot. Insta judge is where its at and I mean he must be targeted and hit within half a second. Not that it matters if he gets away and you just shield him or w/e but I am going for aesthetics.
Frickit

Postby Tyaera » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:57 pm

Use Judgement of Blood, it can't be resisted.
better to tank in hell than DPS in heaven
Tyaera

Next

Return to Zul'aman