halazzi's lolwtfcleave.

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:39 am

Mordinm wrote:
Snake-Aes wrote:
rodos wrote:If I recall from the one night of attempts I've made on this guy, the cleave is blockable. Thus if you take it alone, you take more than 2x the damage you would take as one of a pair because your block value only counts once, if you get my meaning.
If you take it alone, you take twice more damage because it's intended to be split on two characters. It's a sharaz-esque cleave, I wouldn't count on block value.

I think he is just pointing out that if you take the entire cleave you take 2 times the damage + your block value compared to if you split it with the off tank.

Say the whole cleave hits for 10,000 and you block for 500. If you split it you take 5000-500 for 4500 damage taken. If you take it all you take 10,000-500 for 9500 or (4500 * 2)+500. Probably doesn't make any difference either way.
Bolded for emphasis.
Split with someone else!!!
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby rodos » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:51 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:
Mordinm wrote:
Snake-Aes wrote:
rodos wrote:If I recall from the one night of attempts I've made on this guy, the cleave is blockable. Thus if you take it alone, you take more than 2x the damage you would take as one of a pair because your block value only counts once, if you get my meaning.
If you take it alone, you take twice more damage because it's intended to be split on two characters. It's a sharaz-esque cleave, I wouldn't count on block value.

I think he is just pointing out that if you take the entire cleave you take 2 times the damage + your block value compared to if you split it with the off tank.

Say the whole cleave hits for 10,000 and you block for 500. If you split it you take 5000-500 for 4500 damage taken. If you take it all you take 10,000-500 for 9500 or (4500 * 2)+500. Probably doesn't make any difference either way.
Bolded for emphasis.
Split with someone else!!!

Well, obviously you have to split it. I was just trying to offer an explanation for why the cleave hit the OP harder than he thought it would.
rodos

Previous

Return to Zul'aman