Remove Advertisements

World record bear run?

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Joacimcans » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:22 am

hehe well i thought my guild was doing pretty good when we had 8 mins left on the timer on tuesday. We are 5/5 hyjal and 4/9 BT. So we only have people in 2 peice of T6 so maybe with some 4 pc bonuses we could save another 4 mins off our time. Its a pretty intense run when we have 8 mins left thats with me chain mana potting for pretty much the entire run we drink for 10-15 seconds before the bosses so that could be a minute right there if we can get rid of that time but damn 12 mins is impressive.

With your high of gear lore do you often have problems with people pulling aggro when your single target tanking the trash? Because i know personally we are pushing so hard that pretty frequently my ele shaman and demon sac shadow lock pull on trash where i cant consecrate or i dont consecrate to save mana.

pps. What is your group make up generally? because i think my group could do better if we optimized a bit more because right now we take a prot warrior who's DPS is lower on trash and the eagle boss where he doesnt tank, If i had a feral druid i think we could shave another minute or so off of the timer.
Joacimcans

Postby caboom » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:55 am

why the so low hp? slots filled with SD or avoidance?
caboom

Postby Joacimcans » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:05 pm

if your talking to me its because i logged in healing gear most likely.
Joacimcans

Postby caboom » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:26 am

no I'm talking baout the OP u can clearely see in the pic he has 10k hp with what looks like T6 shoulders and such :p
caboom

Postby Moby » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:44 am

caboom wrote:no I'm talking baout the OP u can clearely see in the pic he has 10k hp with what looks like T6 shoulders and such :p

That screenshot was taken by another player - a holy pally.
Moby

Postby caboom » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:49 am

Moby wrote:
caboom wrote:no I'm talking baout the OP u can clearely see in the pic he has 10k hp with what looks like T6 shoulders and such :p

That screenshot was taken by another player - a holy pally.

ah oops my bad :p
caboom

Postby Helenia » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:10 am

My group consistently has 12-13 minutes left on the four chest after Halazzi goes down while selling the bear mount for 10k gold to a typically poorly geared / specced player.

Our best time is 15 minutes left on the fourth chest. I'll have to take an SS one of these days because I doubt you will believe me. Our DPS are 1337, as well as our tanks :P

This isn't one of our best runs, but it's the only WWS I can find atm:

http://wowwebstats.com/depctha3uve5w
Helenia

Postby towelliee » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:37 am

We currently get to the third timer with like 3 minutes left and epic fail. Tonight we plan to take our best group to see how it goes we will 3 heal it but take our best dps.
towelliee

Postby PsiVen » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:43 am

Last night we barely beat the timer (3 min) using 2 alt shamans as healers. One of them hit 70 last week, the other one proceeded to solo heal Malacrass when the first guy died at 98%. Win.

Would have done much faster but we almost wiped on Jan'alai, usually around 8-9min. Was that an all-mains run?

BTW it's been my experience that 2 healers isn't much faster than 3, probably because people need to drink more often and people tend to die randomly.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Meliora » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:14 pm

I've found depending on the classes you can do well with the 2 healer make up, mainly we have the stack DPS because I have YET to see a bear clear where everyone does not DC. Kilrogg connectivity ftl...
Meliora

Postby Helenia » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:34 pm

2 healers > 3 healers.

If they are quality healers, who outgear the content, its ezmode. Optimal healers for this are a resto druid and resto shaman. Or two resto shamans. Heroism is key for this event, having two heroisms is optimal.

Bring a good shadowpriest to regen the healers mana and it should be NP.

I still can't decide what an optimal group setup would be for this.

Feral Druid OT
Fury Warrior
BM Hunter
Enhance Shaman
Rogue

Prot Paladin
Resto Druid
Shadow Priest
Resto Shaman
Warlock

Is a pretty good group setup.

However, today I experimented with:

Warlock
Warlock
Warlock
Mage
Resto Shaman

Prot Paladin
Feral Druid OT
Shadow Priest
Resto Druid
BM Hunter

and it went surprisingly well.

As a prot paladin, it is absolutely vital to have a shadowpriest in your group for trash. I don't stop to drink ONCE in the entire four chest event. Chain pulling FTW.
Helenia

Postby Lore » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:25 pm

I don't stop to drink either, and I usually don't have a shadow priest :P

Mana pots ftw
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Seloei » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:02 am

If you are 2 healing and people are dieing, then they are not cut out yet to handle it. It is possible to get the bear with 3 healers, but you can not stop, can not kill extra trash, can not make a single mistake.

It works with any 2 healer combo, altho i've found that a holy priest + resto shaman isn't a good combo, for some reason it was a pain to keep everyone topped off and a few died on dhawk.

Anyhow, to get max speed you need to get 2 tanks that can take the beating and mitigate a lot, and 2 healers who can handle the strain (both healing and mana regen).

Ideal group makeup we had one time which resulted in 12 minutes left.

Warlock
Warlock
Hunter
Hunter
Elem Shaman

Prot Pala
Feral Druid
Resto Druid
Resto Shaman
Shadowpriest
Seloei

Postby 2ndNin » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:19 am

10 minutes left with:

Prot Warrior
Enhancement Shaman
Hunter
Warlock
Hunter

Tree Druid
CoH Priest
Prot paladin
Shadow Priest
Mage

We have done 7 runs so far, with groups changing heavily from 2x shadow priest (no locks :() to 3 locks :P. Heroism is king when it doesn't get blown on trash, or on the enemy. We are 4/5 5/9 at the moment, tbh its not really a challenge, our 9 minute attempt had 2.5 wipes and a trash pull, the 10 minuter we pulled 2 sets of adds on the gauntlet and the pat near the dragonhawk, trick seems to basically just be keep walking and screw cc unless there is a 2nd flamecaster (which by preference gets cc'd, but can be left up).
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Postby Helenia » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:42 pm

Lore wrote:I don't stop to drink either, and I usually don't have a shadow priest :P

Mana pots ftw

I also keep mana pots on cooldown for the most part...but..the shadowpriest certainly helps.
Helenia

PreviousNext

Return to Zul'aman