Anti-frenzy tricks/trinkets for lynx boss?

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Anti-frenzy tricks/trinkets for lynx boss?

Postby fudomyou » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:00 am

So my guild has 3 animal bosses down and are working on the dragonhawk, but I haven't been MT on the lynx yet - when he frenzies, even with my almost-19k buffed health, I just don't have the "ohshit" buttons that the other tanks do - our warr tank (whose wife just had a baby, so he won't be around for a while) has last stand and shield wall to hit, while our bear tank has whatever it is bear tanks do, plus Moroes' Lucky Pocket Watch.

I haven't seen the watch drop in ages, so I'm here with my oh-so-sad Adamantite Figure and my only ohshits being terrible versus frenzy (bubble and loh). Are there any other trinkets that can approach 6% dodge, or should I just be content with my role as Saber Lash eater, lynx smacker, and totem caller-outer? :)
fudomyou
Maintankadonor

Re: Anti-frenzy tricks/trinkets for lynx boss?

Postby Fridmarr » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:08 am

fudomyou wrote:So my guild has 3 animal bosses down and are working on the dragonhawk, but I haven't been MT on the lynx yet - when he frenzies, even with my almost-19k buffed health, I just don't have the "ohshit" buttons that the other tanks do - our warr tank (whose wife just had a baby, so he won't be around for a while) has last stand and shield wall to hit, while our bear tank has whatever it is bear tanks do, plus Moroes' Lucky Pocket Watch.

I haven't seen the watch drop in ages, so I'm here with my oh-so-sad Adamantite Figure and my only ohshits being terrible versus frenzy (bubble and loh). Are there any other trinkets that can approach 6% dodge, or should I just be content with my role as Saber Lash eater, lynx smacker, and totem caller-outer? :)

I take you don't raid with a hunter? Hunters can tranq shot the frenzy. Beyond that, just chain drink ironshield pots. Druids don't have any defensive skills, but their armor mitigates the lynx pretty well and he can't crush.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Dynaheir » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:35 am

I've found that at least 1 hunter is pretty much a must for ZA. Tranq. shot works on half of the stuff in there plus Dragonhawk trash w/o track humanoids is FTL. :(
Dynaheir

Postby Huon » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:48 am

Dynaheir wrote:I've found that at least 1 hunter is pretty much a must for ZA. Tranq. shot works on half of the stuff in there plus Dragonhawk trash w/o track humanoids is FTL. :(

not really, you just need good players...

last night, we did 2/4 timed chests and 4/6 bosses with

1x prot warr MT
1x prot pally OT (me)

1x mage
1x warlock
1x rogue
1x enh shaman
1x SP

1x resto druid
1x holy priest
1x resto shaman

no hunters, no problem, tranq. shot IS very nice to have but doesn't make for a good run VS a bad run. Resto druid is spot heal and on the lookout for scouts and calls them, then roots them. easy as pie.

Oh, and we just have 3 T5 bosses down so we arent overgeared...
Huon

Postby fudomyou » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:14 pm

Fridmarr wrote:I take you don't raid with a hunter? Hunters can tranq shot the frenzy. Beyond that, just chain drink ironshield pots. Druids don't have any defensive skills, but their armor mitigates the lynx pretty well and he can't crush.

We have a hunter who comes just about every other run, but even with the hunter I've gotten gibbed during frenzy before...
fudomyou
Maintankadonor

Postby Dorvan » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:48 pm

fudomyou wrote:
Fridmarr wrote:I take you don't raid with a hunter? Hunters can tranq shot the frenzy. Beyond that, just chain drink ironshield pots. Druids don't have any defensive skills, but their armor mitigates the lynx pretty well and he can't crush.

We have a hunter who comes just about every other run, but even with the hunter I've gotten gibbed during frenzy before...

Well, your gear is on the low end for that boss...certainly doable, but it's gonna take some upgrades before it becomes comfortable.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Halisstra » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:49 pm

For this fight only I typically keep greater stoneshield pots up the whole time. We used to do it w/o a hunter when I had worse gear then what i'm currently wearing. That helped me plenty.
Halisstra

Postby fudomyou » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:24 pm

Dorvan wrote:
fudomyou wrote:

Well, your gear is on the low end for that boss...certainly doable, but it's gonna take some upgrades before it becomes comfortable.

As far as my reckoning goes, I can only get four upgrades right now (no access to 25-mans), and only three up my tanking stats while one ups threat:

Amani Punisher
Shield of Impen. Darkness
Moroes' Pocket Watch
Pauldrons of Stone Resolve

Would those four pieces make it that much easier to be MT on this fight? Or do I need to venture into 25-mans / wait for 2.4 before this fight becomes comfortable?
fudomyou
Maintankadonor

Postby maudd » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:11 am

You should not need any of those upgrades. I am about the same gear level as you and i MT all of ZA for my guild. The only 25 man content we can kill is Gruuls and even that we have to pug for. Za is 5/6 for us atm.

I would recommend stacking a second stam trinket, chaining ironshield pots/ nightmare seeds...... or tell your healers to stop slacking the hell off.

My typical Za group is
Prot pally (me)
Holy pally
Holy Priest x2 (one CoH speced)
Mage x2
Boomkin
Warlock
Prot war or second prot pally
rogue/ fury war/ shadow priest depending on who we have on that night
Maudd
Elder'thalas
maudd

Postby Sthallas » Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:11 pm

maudd wrote:You should not need any of those upgrades. I am about the same gear level as you and i MT all of ZA for my guild. The only 25 man content we can kill is Gruuls and even that we have to pug for. Za is 5/6 for us atm.

I would recommend stacking a second stam trinket, chaining ironshield pots/ nightmare seeds...... or tell your healers to stop slacking the hell off.

My typical Za group is
Prot pally (me)
Holy pally
Holy Priest x2 (one CoH speced)
Mage x2
Boomkin
Warlock
Prot war or second prot pally
rogue/ fury war/ shadow priest depending on who we have on that night

Or I know 1 of our groups that doesn't run with a Hunter has the OT taunt Halazzi when he frenzys and then the MT taunts him right back after it ends. They seem to like doing it that way, but then again they 3 heal the whole instance while my 4 timer group always has 2 hunters and 2 healers, a druid and a shaman. I cleanse the Flame Shocks while MT'ing, of course Halazzi also dies in around 2 and a half mins so there's not too much stress... :D
Sthallas

Postby Minn » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:15 am

Armor helps a lot in the lynx fight. Ironshield pots, as mentioned, are great. Elixir of Major Defense + Elixir of Major Agility is a good combo too. Nightmare Seeds and Healthstones can be used in a pinch as well. Merciless Gladiator's Shield Wall, Chestguard of the Stoic Guardian would both be noticeable armor uprades as well.
Minn

Postby fudomyou » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:38 am

Minn wrote:Armor helps a lot in the lynx fight. Ironshield pots, as mentioned, are great. Elixir of Major Defense + Elixir of Major Agility is a good combo too. Nightmare Seeds and Healthstones can be used in a pinch as well. Merciless Gladiator's Shield Wall, Chestguard of the Stoic Guardian would both be noticeable armor uprades as well.

I do have the chestguard - I logged out in my Heroic gear, where I switch out the stoic guardian and the libram of Repentance for threat gear. But I will think about stoneshield potions - I don't carry those very often, but will try to.
fudomyou
Maintankadonor

Postby Donjuan » Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:05 am

Moroes lucky wathc and 19k armor (buffed)is a must for that boss if u dont have hunter . You need to use scroll of prot and agi and use ironshiedl pots and pump lucky wathc when he frenzies. Also admantit fig helps alot too with getting high armor when u need it. I find him ez mode now, he doesnt have the power to kill me anymore since i play smart with buffs and trinkets. I dont use a hunter there now , and a hunter comes if one wants to come not cause i need him for that fight and yeah im in mt position. Dodge and hp is alos something u need alot of for guys like him.
Donjuan

Postby Sophos » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:21 am

I double-tanked the Lynx boss and his cat with a holy paladin standing next to me last night after our warrior main tank disconnected on his second split, I only have 15k HP buffed, 16k with the warrior shout. We didn't have a hunter either.

We had 3 healers though. (Holy paladin, resto druid, resto shaman) And we had a shadow priest as well. The holy paladin managed to take the cleave and survive with like, 2% hp left. So I guess we got a little lucky there.

A hunter is there to make life easier on the healers, but if the healers are good (skill and gear wise) it's not required.
Sophos

Return to Zul'aman