Bear Mount/Timed Event Without Tier 6?

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Bear Mount/Timed Event Without Tier 6?

Postby Arthurious » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:29 pm

I have started doing ZA guild runs alot more recently and my current group is able to get the first 3 avatars on timer. Currently we are on Vashj and Kael progression wise and for the most part the raid is tier 4/5 geared. Prior to the start of the run we all flask up, get food buffs, use elixirs and do anything that will increase DPS/Hp/Healing.

We run with:
-Prot Pally MT
-Feral Druid OT
-2 Rogues
-1 Spriest
-1 Mage
-1 Resto Druid
-1 Holy preist
-1 Warlock
-1 Holy Pally

What should we do to improve our time?

I have thought about replacing the rogues with a Survival and BM Hunter

And is it even possible to do a full timed event without tier 6?
Arthurious

Postby Dorvan » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:07 pm

I haven't completed the full timed event (ZA has kind of fallen off the radar lately), but from what I hear....you basically need to be able to 2-heal it and squeeze another DPS in (preferably an enhancement shammy from your set up). The rest looks good, it's just a matter of execution and gear.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Sthallas » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:35 pm

Keep 1 rogue and get an enhancement shaman for the other rogue. If you can 2 heal it, that's optimal BUT it can be done with a feral offtank (with good DPS gear) and 3 healing especially if 1 of the healers dps's during trash.
Sthallas

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:36 pm

4 words:

Discipline Priests are OP.

MC toy, power infusion and pain suppression really boost the group.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby NarfJones » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:38 pm

Dorvan wrote:I haven't completed the full timed event (ZA has kind of fallen off the radar lately), but from what I hear....you basically need to be able to 2-heal it and squeeze another DPS in (preferably an enhancement shammy from your set up). The rest looks good, it's just a matter of execution and gear.

That's about the same for us. I would also suggest that you make sure you only stop when absolutely necessary. The loot doesn't disappear, so save that for last, and to keep pulling, unless your healers are out of mana.
NarfJones
Maintankadonor

Postby enbee » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:27 pm

Dorvan wrote:I haven't completed the full timed event (ZA has kind of fallen off the radar lately), but from what I hear....you basically need to be able to 2-heal it and squeeze another DPS in (preferably an enhancement shammy from your set up). The rest looks good, it's just a matter of execution and gear.

We use 3 healers, and have been completing timed runs for a long while now, I tank allone though, with a warrior just slapping on tanking gear at lynx to soak.
LoL, a paladin tank!
enbee

Postby Goto » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:22 am

enbee wrote:

We use 3 healers, and have been completing timed runs for a long while now, I tank allone though, with a warrior just slapping on tanking gear at lynx to soak.

Well, my guild is running it with T6/T5 geared ppl (and this alt being ZA/Kara/Badge geared), we made plenty of mistakes with the scouts (2 or 3 guard pairs spawning) & beast tamers (Lets just say priests were squishy & not fast enough with dispell) but made it with 3 minutes left on the clock. So I would say its doable with T5 gear if you dont make mistakes and hit it like you mean it.

So what we had

1 Shadowpriest
1 Holypriest
1 Resto druid
1 Hunter, not entirely sure what spec he was running around with as those orcs look too alike :(
1 Prot pala (me)
1 Prot warrior
1 Dps warrior
1 Mage
1 Warlock
1 Rogue

They actually waited ~45 min for me to log on while only missing 1 tank :roll: but it was well worth it, looking sexy with bear
Goto

Postby Nemi » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:58 am

Yeah we missed the last timed event by ~30sec.. heh i posted in a different one about our run didnt see this post here :p

We're in the same boat as you are progression wise, I think it just takes a flawless run to get teh bearz.
Nemi

Postby Mortehl » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:26 am

We are within 1 minute and the entire raid has a grand total of 2 pieces of T6 gear (me being one of them :P).

We're T5 farmed level right now, with a smattering of T6 level gear and we are within ~1 minute of our first bear mount.
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby Lore » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:30 am

We're completing it with a good 6 minutes to spare with 3 healers. Obviously we're in full T6, but I think if you can 2-heal it or just plain haul ass it should be doable in T5. A lot of it is just getting used to the path and what pats/etc to look for.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Relel » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:07 pm

You need at least 1 shaman

2 is preferable
Relel

Postby Gerilith » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:12 pm

Relel wrote:You need at least 1 shaman

2 is preferable

Well....I don't think so.
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

Postby Sthallas » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:44 pm

Gerilith wrote:
Relel wrote:You need at least 1 shaman

2 is preferable

Well....I don't think so.

Not necessarily 2x healing shaman... 1 Resto for chain heals and 1 enhance for the melee group is sex though.
Sthallas

Postby Adagan » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:35 pm

My guild is currently 5/6 SSC and 3/4 TK and we've only been so for a couple of weeks. I'd say my ZA group is probably t5 equivalent because most of us only need one or two more drops from ZA and we have all the badge gear we need.

We have beaten the timer the last three resets running with 2.5 healers. Our ret paly puts on healing gear for Halazzi and Jan'alai. I tank everything and we have a feral tank who dpses when two tanks aren't needed.

Order: Akil'zon, Nalorakk, Jan'alai, Halazzi

Akil'zon - we usually pull two groups at a time and aoe everything. Pull the tempest as soon as possible to stop the birds from spawning. We two heal this one with me tanking.

Nalorakk - nothing special here, just chain pull. I usually tank bear phase, ardent defender is nice for bleeds. Feral druid usually goes kitty during bear phase for a bit extra dps.

Jan'alai - we take left route and usually skip the last dragonhawk patrol by fighting the last pull (four pull with two flame casters) on the stairs right in front of Jan'alai. Ret paly heals in holy gear on this one. I tank birds and feral tanks Jan'alai. At some point I'd like to try tanking everything, but not until we've all gotten our mounts :D

Halazzi - we approach Halazzi trash from the dam area (near Akil'zon). We pull the lynx and wait until the pat heads away from us and then jump through the hut and onto the other side. This short cut avoids two pulls. Feral tanks Halazzi and I tank spirit linx and cleanse flame shock. Ret paly heals in holy gear.

A couple of tips:
- we MC flame casters
- if I have to drink I only do it if feral druid can do the next pull, otherwise I pot (Skettis daily quest pots are nice for this)

We have 13 or so in our ZA group, so we don't have a set make-up and have run with several configurations...

3 x Paladin - one of each (Prot, Ret, Holy)
1 x Hunter
2 x Mages
1 x Warlock
2 x Priest - one holy, one shadow
3 x Druid - one feral, one resto, one balance
1 x Shaman - enhancement

Sorry for the long post, hopefully this helps some...
Adagan

t6 is not needed

Postby baneoftruth » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:53 pm

My ZA group on Bleeding Hollow consists of 8 Clan Redeye members and 2 Tribunal members (I am one of the 2). We started out with 3 healers, and calculated that we were aproximately 4 minutes short of getting the 4th chest in the timer, so we switched to two healers. None of the group members have any t6 (except for one holy priest, who has the gloves, but let's not split hairs here, he was doing fine before he got the gloves).

The group composition isn't the greatest for multi-roles in terms of tanking, but here's how it currently is:
1 Prot warrior ("mt")
1 Prot pally (me)
1 Shadow priest
1 CoH Holy priest
1 Resto Shaman
1 Hunter
1 Rogue
2 Warlocks (one destro, one afflic)
1 Elemental Shaman

That is primarily how the group is done, we literally do not CC anything (until Hex Lord, but he doesn't count for timed runs!).

Here's how we work it:
Go to eagle, try to skip the first 2-pack patrol. For eagle 'gauntlet run', the warrior gets the first two mobs while I ride up and grab the second two. By the time the first two mobs are dead (the warrior's targets), I end up picking up the little birds that fly in. The warrior runs up to the next two mobs, and the raid moves up in between us. (It is very important that the raid stay in between us!) About this time, the two warriors will be running up from the back, they'll charge someone in the raid (usually a healer) and I'll either have to taunt them, or they'll end up taking a tick or two of consecrate, which is enough to pick them up. My windwalker should die shortly after that, so I drag all my melee mobs and birds up ahead of the warrior, pick up another pack of birds and grab another windwalker and melee guard. The warrior runs and grabs the final mob on the stairs, and the raid moves in between him and me, keeping me closer to the path we just came up in case there were extra warrior spawns. Some AoE later, everything's dead, and single-target takes down the warrior's target (that final guy cleaves, so he's tanked out of the pile). I switch into healing gear just to take the 'edge' off the healers in this fight (although I may start going loldps gear to keep a 2% crit judgement on the boss). Boss dies, we grab badges, mount up, and ride towards bear.

If possible, we skip that 2-pack patrol again. If we do skip it, then the whole raid moves right up against the wall below where the 3-pack charges in from. Trash gets tanked, etc. etc. we kill the two bears, and move on. The next pull is a 4-pull, the warrior grabs the caster (he will always be the first one down, while the 3 axe throwers/tribesmen clump up), I AS the 3 and tank them with my bank to a wall. All single-target is on the warrior's target, while I have warlocks and shadow priests dot up my targets while dps'ing the warrior's target. Here's where I switch out of my block value/rating gear and into my dodge/+hit gear. I take my mounted bear mob to the end of the ramp leading to dragonhawk, the warrior takes his close to the ramp that we come up from, the warrior's gets dps'd down first, mine second (no real reason for that order, it works fine for me though, I take this opportunity to rebuff the raid and get all the mana back from heals). Up the ramp, we fear axe throwers, or we kill shamans. Double shamans is a bit of a pain, but we've been lucky and been getting double axe throwers lately. Anyway, we kill the 1 or 2 little guys first using misdirects to stick them on the warrior and/or me, tank them down, etc etc boss time! I take the human phase, since paladin taunts seem to always work on that phase (bear has issues...), the warrior takes the bear. Nothing special here, boss dies, we loot badges, mount up, and move on.

For Dragonhawk trash, the warrior typically charges/hamstrings/stuns the scouts while I AS the rest of the trash (note, still in hit rating gear!). Once I have everything on me, the shadow priest will typically mind control a flame caster, while we dps down the second flame caster (if one exists). If there's not a second flame caster, my mob is killed first, then the one the warrior taunted off of me (he gets bored, haha), then the mind controlled mob. Rinse, lather, repeat. [Edit: like the previous poster, my group skips the last dragonhawk/trainer patrol by fighting the 4-pack of flame casters/guards with the whole raid at the base of the stairs] Once at the boss himself, I throw block value/rating gear back on, switch to FR aura, and stay at the top of the stairs until the hatchers come in. I mark one hatcher to be killed, and follow the other one (2nd hatcher is shot down to half health). We let one whole side hatch, I haven't had any issues picking up all the dragonhawks beyond occasionally taunting off a healer, but I still wait until around the 2nd to last wave to have the warlocks start seeding. The hawks will always die 5-10 seconds after we get teleported, so finding a safe spot while tanking the hawks is always fun! As soon as all the hawks die, I Divine Shield out of the debuffs, drop an Imp. SotC on the boss, and use SoW (if low on mana) or SoR for some extra damage. We kill all of the hatchers from this point on. Just before 35% I head to the side that wasn't hatched before, so as soon as 35% hits I can pop Avenging Wrath, drop a consecrate, and have the AoE'ers start dps'ing the hawks down. The hawks will die much faster this time since they're all out at once, which allows the dps to get back on the boss that much faster. I park myself in a corner for 35 seconds or so decursing myself before going back in to judge Imp. SotC and add my 'leet' dps to the mix.

We then head to Lynx trash, and will do our best to avoid the 2-pack patrol (hasn't really been difficult, standing to the side for 5 seconds shaves off a minute of combat and 20 seconds of drinking), and grab the first pack of lynxes. AoE takes them down, and we hug the stone wall to the right, avoiding the 2 handlers/2 lynx pull that paths back and forth. We hug the right side of the tree and pop right out on the next group. Some AoE action later, and they're all dead. Moving on, we head down the path, avoiding being too close to the hut while making sure not to pull the gator patrol. A little water walking magic shaves off some valuable seconds here, as we hop onto the lake to go around the patrol. When we get to the 'invisible' lynx pulls, I pull the first group, we kill it, I pull the second group, we kill it, then we kill the two-handler pull. The shadow priest mind controls one of the handlers while we stun-lock the second one, to reduce the number of mind controls that happen. Once those two are dead, I pull the third pack of lynxes, then the raid kills the next two handlers. We grab the 2 handler/2 lynx pack at the top of the stairs, mc a handler, and aoe the rest down, stunning the handler as much as possible. Once inside the building, we pull the first group, kill the two melee and mind control the flame caster. We use the flame caster to pull the 2-pack patrol, letting the 2-pack kill the flame caster. As soon as those are dead, we kill the second group, drink up, and hit the boss. I make sure to put my Dodge/+threat set on for this one. I 'main tank' this fight, letting the warrior pick up the lynx spawn (he has more taunts...). A little bit of burning, and the boss is dead.

We used the whole strat that I just typed out to finish with 2 minutes left on the timer. This strat was 'perfected' over the course of a few runs, and we got our first Bear Mount Saturday 2/23/08. By "we" I mean "me", as I managed to roll a 100, landing me the first bear mount Horde-side on my server. (sorry, I'm obligated to brag about that one!)

Long story short, you don't need t6.
baneoftruth

Next

Return to Zul'aman