Remove Advertisements

More issues on Halazzi! QQ

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

More issues on Halazzi! QQ

Postby Viskahn » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:14 am

'Lo there, my tankadin - Lolelf - has been farming Zul'Aman for some time now. My access to 25-mans is highly limited, but i have a pretty respectable level of gear considering that. I tank the Bear and Eagle bosses with no problems whatsoever, and can happily hatch an entire side of dragonhawk hatchlings and aoe tank them and hardly take any damage at all with a bit of trinket abuse.

The problem is Halazzi. Every time i reach this boss it sends chills down my spine, i seem to inevitably die before we even reach the first split phase - simply from taking such obscene amounts of damage from his regular attacks and of course the saber lash (and no im not stupid, i do have the offtank standing on top of me so he is hit by it too :P ).

This exact scenario happened to me last night. We were running with 2 tankadins (me having the superior gear, so i MT'd) and i simply got creamed by about 85% life, and we had 3 well geared healers in the group. The other tankadin lasted even less time against him.
Just to add to it, we then agreed that the feral druid we had with us (who had been dpsing) would MT and i would OT, and he hardly took any damage whatsoever. I know the boss cant crush (i think?) which gives ferals an advantage, but the difference in damage taken was simply staggering, i seemed to be taking more overall damage than him, just from saber lash hits.

So i am at a loss now. I dont know what i am doing wrong that is making me feel so squishy to tank this guy. My armory is http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... l&n=Lolelf (currently using my standard uncrushable tanking set), i could really use some advice here on what - if anything - i can do to be able to MT this damn troll.
Viskahn
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:00 am

Postby 2ndNin » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:39 am

Most people imo are too squishy to tank this guy. As MT you can get hit for a 9Kish saberlash couple with regular hits (and your OT stands the chance of getting parried, if you want to reduce that you can have them just stand there rather than attack, or bubble for parts of it). Basically hitting him with less than 18K health buffed is going to be touch and go for phase 1, phase 3 I would honestly suggest your OT bubbling for the case when you die and picking up because its horrifically likely.

When coming to the end of phase 2 make sure you are at full hits when the OT brings the lynx back otherwise you may eat a lash at < full health and this can be fatal. Again nature resist on everyone else because it means the healers can spend more time on you (and yes 1.5 healers on you permanently while this is a progression fight).

I tanked him to 10% once, but it was hard, the warrior tank had more hits at the time and took over for our actual kill of him and even he was pressed in phase 3 with 19K hits and shieldwall/ last stand for parts of it so its not like the damage is light, best bet is loads of hits, high avoidance, and bubble if you need to (let the OT get smashed at full health is normally ok).
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
Image
2ndNin
 
Posts: 617
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:53 am
Location: EU-Silvermoon

Postby Sthallas » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:48 am

Tranq shot the frenzy. It hasn't been hard for me to stay up as MT since the 1st few runs when I was still under geared (*don't bother armorying atm I'm ret for 2 days for kara and fun).

Also if you are a little bit squishy on that fight there is no reason your OT needs to attack at all (I mean his solo form drops so fast its ridiculous) so tell him to just stand there and soak lashes if parrying is causing you problems.
Sthallas
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:40 pm

Postby Arcand » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:04 am

Flask of Fortification, Scroll of Protection V, Scroll of Agility V, Spicy Crawdad, Greater Rune of Warding?

Demoralizing Shout, Thunder Clap, Insect Swarm, Curse of Weakness, Scorpid Sting, Stoneskin Totem, Demoralizing Roar, Screech?

Tranquilizing Shot?

Seal of Light?

For sure you're splitting the lashes? Check the log and make sure you're getting hit for 8-9 thousand; if you aren't, play around with your positioning.

Flame Shocks getting cleansed immediately, by you if necessary? (Make a mouseover macro for Cleanse so you can do it without taking your eyes off the boss.)

He's tauntable; that means you two tanks can save each other. Tell the other guy to hit Taunt if he sees you're getting blitzed. (Make a macro for this to warn the healers that an unplanned target switch is happening, or this may do more harm than good.)
Arcand
Moderator
 
Posts: 4525
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:15 am

Postby Niia » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:14 am

2ndNin wrote:Most people imo are too squishy to tank this guy. As MT you can get hit for a 9Kish saberlash couple with regular hits (and your OT stands the chance of getting parried, if you want to reduce that you can have them just stand there rather than attack, or bubble for parts of it). Basically hitting him with less than 18K health buffed is going to be touch and go for phase 1, phase 3 I would honestly suggest your OT bubbling for the case when you die and picking up because its horrifically likely.

When coming to the end of phase 2 make sure you are at full hits when the OT brings the lynx back otherwise you may eat a lash at < full health and this can be fatal. Again nature resist on everyone else because it means the healers can spend more time on you (and yes 1.5 healers on you permanently while this is a progression fight).

I tanked him to 10% once, but it was hard, the warrior tank had more hits at the time and took over for our actual kill of him and even he was pressed in phase 3 with 19K hits and shieldwall/ last stand for parts of it so its not like the damage is light, best bet is loads of hits, high avoidance, and bubble if you need to (let the OT get smashed at full health is normally ok).


If you bubble as the OT, the damage from Saber Lash should still be split
User avatar
Niia
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:25 pm
Location: Minnesota

Postby Huon » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:57 am

oh ya dude, pally OT in that place is gold. DS and BoP...
Huon
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:12 pm

Postby Vanifae » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:02 am

Best practice, have a Bear MT him, and just soak the sabre lashes.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
User avatar
Vanifae
 
Posts: 7123
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:36 am

Postby Tiandelin » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:19 am

Vanifae wrote:Best practice, have a Bear MT him, and just soak the sabre lashes.


For any boss who can't crush, a druid tank is usually superior. I have our bear MT this one too, while I stand on top of her in my avoidance set and pick up the lynx in phase 2. It makes the fight far easier.

Have all the dps stay on Halazzi when they aren't killing totems, by the way. With all the debuffs already on him, not to mention no time wasted changing targets, he should go down much faster than the spirit. This also means (if you're offtanking) that you can spend most of your time cleansing flame shock instead of trying to build aggro.
Tiandelin - Co-MT of Monolith, Area 52 US
Tiandelin
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:34 am

Postby Loganb1104 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:33 am

Perhaps my understanding of class mechanics is wrong, but it seems to me that your problem might be your use of two paladins to tank this encounter.

As pally tanks don't really stack hit I'd assume that more of their auto-attacks get parried. Two pally tanks on halazzi would essentially double the parries, which could account for the massive damage you're taking as MT. As others have suggested, having your off-tank not attack at all could help this problem quite a bit.

Am I wrong here?
Loganb1104
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:35 am

Postby Wulfhere » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:56 pm

Loganb1104 wrote:Perhaps my understanding of class mechanics is wrong, but it seems to me that your problem might be your use of two paladins to tank this encounter.

As pally tanks don't really stack hit I'd assume that more of their auto-attacks get parried. Two pally tanks on halazzi would essentially double the parries, which could account for the massive damage you're taking as MT. As others have suggested, having your off-tank not attack at all could help this problem quite a bit.

Am I wrong here?


Yes you are wrong :) . You may have meant to say expertise, which warriors stack more than paladins (+hit has no effect on parries). However, paladins do not have any special attacks that can be parried so even though some warriors may have a lower parry rate than paladins, the total number of parries shouldn't be that much different.
Wulfhere
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:01 am

Postby Sthallas » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:22 pm

Wulfhere wrote:
Loganb1104 wrote:Perhaps my understanding of class mechanics is wrong, but it seems to me that your problem might be your use of two paladins to tank this encounter.

As pally tanks don't really stack hit I'd assume that more of their auto-attacks get parried. Two pally tanks on halazzi would essentially double the parries, which could account for the massive damage you're taking as MT. As others have suggested, having your off-tank not attack at all could help this problem quite a bit.

Am I wrong here?


Yes you are wrong :) . You may have meant to say expertise, which warriors stack more than paladins (+hit has no effect on parries). However, paladins do not have any special attacks that can be parried so even though some warriors may have a lower parry rate than paladins, the total number of parries shouldn't be that much different.

LOL, I did my normal bubble for most of the last phase trick to allow the healers to focus on 1 target last night but got a little too nonchalant about it and didn't see that the Feral OT's taunt had missed right before I hit DS... GG=me, welcome to the Bear finally getting agro back after half the raid was dead and solo tanking the final 5% with 1 dps and 1 healer up...

We still got yet another Bear Mount though... 8)
Sthallas
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:40 pm


Return to Zul'aman

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest
?php } else { ?