Issues with Saber Lash on Lynx

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Sithy » Mon May 12, 2008 9:59 am

Invisusira wrote:Every now and then, you can get unlucky. I've had a couple times where he'll lash two times in a row so quickly that a heal single can't even be landed. Good bye OT!

Had that happen on the weekend, MT warrior got pwnd. (I wanted to sit and look cute, wtf). I taunted him back to me.

Tanked him solo from like 90% to 4%.
He must have lashed me at 4% during frenzy, hit was for over 18k, I had 17.7k or something since my commanding was dead... (and I can't remember if we had a priest.)
All I have to say is my healers were fucking amazing with the heals, each lash was for about 95% of my HP.
Sithy

Postby Boomtank » Mon May 12, 2008 12:40 pm

i tank bear and lynx with a taurn and i just stand right in front of him when we do it.
yes, buttsecks with a cow of course.
Boomtank

Postby Lookit » Mon May 12, 2008 1:47 pm

By far the easiest way I've pulled is with a hunter's MD. Both tanks can leisurely get situated out of range of the boss, and make sure they are stacked exactly on top of each other. Then the hunter MD's to the MT and you're good to go.

I usually tank this with a human warrior, so I've never had issues with different sized character models. My first thought is to target the other warrior and then stand in the exact middle of his targeting ring. Target yourself to verifyt that your ring is completely within his (or vice versa if yours is the larger ring) and you would seem to be right where the game thinks you need to be. Speculation, at any rate.
Lookit

Postby Seloei » Tue May 13, 2008 12:26 am

Get the fishies from barrens if you are having box issues, takes 5 minutes to fish them at max or just buy them from the AH and you have no more issues with huge tauren warriors getting you/him insta gibbed.
The lash is annoying tho but i tend to stack 14k health and everything else on avoidance. Usually only eat ~2-5 lashes total that way
Seloei

Postby antiy4ho0 » Sat May 17, 2008 3:08 am

Weird story here. Last ZA reset I OT'd for another guild, their MT was a Tauren Warrior. I know all about the large Tauren hitboxes so I knew I had to stand slightly in front of him. I think I lined up so I was standing underneath his Snout (?). This reset I ran with my guild for the first time. We downed Bear after a few attempts but we both noticed having issues sharing the cleaves. I was lining up exactly the same as I was before and our poor warrior was still eating cleaves. There was times where I would be a full step in front of him and he would still get cleaved. Very annoying. Had to use Deviate fish to down Bear.

Same thing happened on Lynx. I don't understand though, to me it just sounds like their might be a bit of a lag issue from either me or him because seems like if I was just fine with another warrior should have been fine with this one. Its also weird that once he used a deviate fish we stood directly on each other and had no issues.

Also not to de-rail topic but our first 2 attempts I was going to tank Halazzi due to slightly more armor, HP and higher dodge. Then I got wtfpwned a few times, switched me and the warrior and he was good to go. Obviously it was Thunderclap that was doing it. I was not too bummed because I was actually worried the warrior might have issues with picking up the spirit lynx so I didn't mind at all switching, I was just wondering if this is common? Or do us tankadins just have to ask our nice warrior friends to keep TC + Demo shout up?
antiy4ho0

Postby superworm » Sat May 17, 2008 10:19 am

Jobah wrote:I didnt wanna start a new thread even though my question, although it relates, is slightly different.

My group wiped countless times on this fight tonight. The first time i did it the warrior MT'd i just stood there and taunted the spirit lynx, flawless victory. We 1 shotted it, i thought the fight was ridiculously easy.

Then tonight, i tried to MT it with a different warrior off tanking. I dont know what the problem was... the spike damage was just too much for my healers. We had an unideal group, lacking fort as well as imp bonus, but i was still fighting this guy with 18.4k hp. We had 3 paladin healers and a balance druid throwing hots on me, so i dont really understand what was going wrong... Yeah the group make up wasnt perfect, but with 3 pallies healing is shouldve been a joke keeping me topped off, imo. Any feedback?

I strongly suggest the tankdin act as the OT in this fight. As the OT we can DS to eat the lash while healing goes difficult, and sometimes this will turn the side of the battle.
Chugging an ironshield potion is quite helpful.
superworm

Postby Levantine » Sat May 17, 2008 4:20 pm

Holy shit, super.
Levantine

Postby Seloei » Sun May 18, 2008 5:00 pm

antiy4ho0 wrote:
Also not to de-rail topic but our first 2 attempts I was going to tank Halazzi due to slightly more armor, HP and higher dodge. Then I got wtfpwned a few times, switched me and the warrior and he was good to go. Obviously it was Thunderclap that was doing it. I was not too bummed because I was actually worried the warrior might have issues with picking up the spirit lynx so I didn't mind at all switching, I was just wondering if this is common? Or do us tankadins just have to ask our nice warrior friends to keep TC + Demo shout up?

Any "oh wtf, a paladin trying to tank instead of me?" warrior should be keeping up TC + DS if they are prot speced and offtanking there... not like he will be getting a huge boost in dps with not spending rage there? It was partially his fault you died.

As for the hitboxes, they are veryvery buggy and a fish is suggested most of the times.
Seloei

Postby Worldie » Sun May 18, 2008 7:50 pm

Reminder, if a warrior refuses to give debuffs, refuse to BoK him and possibly ask some other buffer to not buff him

They learn quick.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Minn » Sun May 18, 2008 8:06 pm

Worldie wrote:Reminder, if a warrior refuses to give debuffs, refuse to BoK him and possibly ask some other buffer to not buff him

They learn quick.

hah, yeah. Or, see how his TPS stacks up against DPSers without salv. It might help promote a few changes "for the good of the whole raid".
Minn

Postby Necrolite » Mon May 26, 2008 5:22 am

did this last night with an orc warrior, had no issues as such, needed no fish either. was OTing with about 18k hp, and taking 7 to 8k lashes with ironshield pots up most of the time.
Necrolite

Re: Issues with Saber Lash on Lynx

Postby Rokh » Wed May 28, 2008 12:23 am

Pley wrote:I was in ZA for my first time last night and we were having some issues on the Saber Lashes. I was OTing for Lashes and the Spirit of the Lynx and a UD warrior was MTing the boss. As soon as a Saber Lash would hit, he'd go down. And then me on the next one. It seemed he was eating full lashes.

I have been told you need to be directly on top of the MT and my avatar of my character seemed to on top of his. Our corpes were almost overlapping when we were dead and only weren't because of how BE's die vs how UD die.

Is there something I'm missing? Our guild has done this before and I was positive (and so was the MT) that we were right on top of each other.

Looking for suggestions on anything I can do to improve to not have this happen again.

Well honestly, if you get 1 shotted by a saber lash you might be under geared for ZA.... I have in the past single tanked him when our priest incharge of healing the OT laged out and the OT took 2 lashs with out heals.

but the super ulta sekret trick to hit box stacking is.......

Deviant fish. (that and pull the boss to you, dont run to him, you can allign up before the pull then have a hunter MD to you or you go get him and bring him to the stationary off tank)
Rokh

Postby Seloei » Wed May 28, 2008 1:46 am

Dunno, i wouldn't say being able to eat a full lash is "needed" to tank him. Just use a fishy and stack properly, MD him onto the maintank or frisbee him while his running.
The key is avoidance once you have 15k+ buffed health. Avoided lash is no damage taken. Some runs i take 5-6, last night i took 1 (61% pure avoidance +scorpid sting).
The real killer while learning are the totems and slow healers, this is a healing check fight not a dps race. Tho if you have slow dps your healers are going oom.
Seloei

Postby Groccus » Fri May 30, 2008 2:16 am

superworm wrote:
Jobah wrote:I didnt wanna start a new thread even though my question, although it relates, is slightly different.

My group wiped countless times on this fight tonight. The first time i did it the warrior MT'd i just stood there and taunted the spirit lynx, flawless victory. We 1 shotted it, i thought the fight was ridiculously easy.

Then tonight, i tried to MT it with a different warrior off tanking. I dont know what the problem was... the spike damage was just too much for my healers. We had an unideal group, lacking fort as well as imp bonus, but i was still fighting this guy with 18.4k hp. We had 3 paladin healers and a balance druid throwing hots on me, so i dont really understand what was going wrong... Yeah the group make up wasnt perfect, but with 3 pallies healing is shouldve been a joke keeping me topped off, imo. Any feedback?

I strongly suggest the tankdin act as the OT in this fight. As the OT we can DS to eat the lash while healing goes difficult, and sometimes this will turn the side of the battle.
Chugging an ironshield potion is quite helpful.

We did this today. Both tanks first attempts at ZA. Both of us in Kara/Badge gear, with the exception of my t4 shoulders. Made timed chest on bear and downed eagle after a few tries. Got to lynx and I decided to let him MT because it would be easier for me to grab the spirit. The first split, the spirit got away and pwnd a priest that had only 7k hp :? I got him back and we were good to go. Until something happened and the warrior died. Unlucky string of hits or something. I kept tanking him until the next split, expecting to get pwnd, but EASILY tanked both him and the spirit. Of course, after the merger, i got saber lash destroyed.

Then I decided that we might as well try with me tanking, both him when they're merged and him and spirit when they seperate. The only thing he did was stand there and take lashes. One shot. Easy as pie.

As for the OP, he was standing next to me. Probably about a foot apart, and I never ate an entire lash. I'm a dwarf and he's a gnome.
Groccus

Postby Tyaera » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:37 pm

Make sure that even if you are inside the tauren, that you are able to HIT Halazzi

its possible that although you are standing inside him, his "reach" is bigger than yours, so he can hit Halazzi from further away. a good test is to stand on top of him, activate your autoattack. if you can hit him, you should be ok. if you get a too far away message, chances are he's going to eat the full lash

also, is the Saber Lash definitely only divided among two targets? if it can be divided among infinite targets, could not having the whole raid stack on the tank completely trivialize it?
better to tank in hell than DPS in heaven
Tyaera

PreviousNext

Return to Zul'aman