Starting ZA

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Starting ZA

Postby Hammor » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:00 pm

Our guild is starting ZA this week. I have most of the kara gear i need and believe i am geared enough for the first two bosses at least. I have a few questions though about these bosses, bear in mind we have a warrior main tank and i serve as off tank in most situations.

What phase do i tank on bear boss? What other tips could you give me on the trash and the boss himself outside of the obvious things?

On the eagle guy i assume i tank the eagles in the air? am i correct in this assumption?

Thanks for your help.... pally power :D
Hammor

Postby Invisusira » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:08 pm

The offtank typically wants to tank the troll phase as the bear does extra damage thru dots.

There is no "tanking" the eagles, they just randomly attack things. Have warlocks seed the boss and warriors/rogues aoe when eagles are in melee range. Eagle is a single-tank fight.
Invisusira

Postby Garov » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:40 pm

My warrior buddy usually tanks eagle while I help out with raid healing. Works out pretty well.
Garov

Postby Moraus » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:25 am

i tank bear on the first boss mainly because i decided the AD talent is kinda useful there when you take a spike of damage for having both bleeds or whatever but either phase is fine.

on eagle i just put a judgment up then go afk then comeback and distribute loot tbh :)
Moraus

Postby Ris » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:11 pm

Food for thought on bear - while you are plenty capable of tanking bear form, keep in mind it silences. Be it a minor inconvenience it is threat lost where your warrior/druid would still be pushing out threat.

Overall you are capable of both phases, from a min/max point of view id suggest human form.
Ris

Postby Zeels » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:32 pm

I tank bear phase. But I'm better geared than my warrior OT.
By the Power of Grey Skull!

Lvl 80 Spanks you very much Spankadin!

Spank
Zeels

Postby kywirelessguy » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:49 am

Zeels wrote:I tank bear phase. But I'm better geared than my warrior OT.

Tanked em both. If I know I am tanking bear I go ALL Effective Health. Because its all bleeds anyway I'm not too worried about avoidance. For the human side I just wear my normal tank set.

In regards to the bear silence its not that big an issue for threat. All the taunting you and your OT are doing just catapults your threat anyway.

On a side note...what is the deal with Druids taunt? I tanked bear boss for the first time with a Druid tanking human phase. I actually had to totally stop attacking during transitions because his taunt didn't seem to boost him very far ahead of me. When I am normally doing it with Warrior OT I just keep on trucking and don't have any issues.
kywirelessguy

Postby ulushnar » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:53 am

I tend to tank Troll and have a Feral OT tank Bear phases. I usually run with a Feral so he can DPS on single-tank fights.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Dazhbog » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:28 am

Tanked both phases, and strangely enough, it worked out better to have my friendly bear tank the bear (heh), versus tonight, things went a ton smoother when the warrior tanked the troll and I took the bear, despite the warrior having slightly more HP. I don get it.
Dazhbog

Postby Zeels » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:50 am

Dazhbog wrote:Tanked both phases, and strangely enough, it worked out better to have my friendly bear tank the bear (heh), versus tonight, things went a ton smoother when the warrior tanked the troll and I took the bear, despite the warrior having slightly more HP. I don get it.

Ardent Defender?

I almost had a heartattack last sunday tanking the bear. Had 22k hp, but still Saw it going all the way down to below 30% from time to time.

Spank
Zeels

Postby Dazhbog » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:19 am

Zeels wrote:
Dazhbog wrote:Tanked both phases, and strangely enough, it worked out better to have my friendly bear tank the bear (heh), versus tonight, things went a ton smoother when the warrior tanked the troll and I took the bear, despite the warrior having slightly more HP. I don get it.

Ardent Defender?

I almost had a heartattack last sunday tanking the bear. Had 22k hp, but still Saw it going all the way down to below 30% from time to time.

Possibly, although it turns out the warrior has crap in terms of avoidance, so he was getting double bleed stacks a lot, vs. I dodged a couple of bad situations AND double bubbled once to get rid of it.

We finally got the warrior his pocket watch next day, so hopefully he should be doing a bit better.
Dazhbog

Postby Airos » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:34 am

I tend to tank troll as the war has more Hp than me.
Airos

Postby Jeada » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:59 pm

I generaly Tank the troll, but I've tanked the bear with no problem.

On eagle I either MT or toss on healing set and Judge light. we take turns co tanking him, he isnt hard once you "get" it.
Jeada

Postby honorshammer » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:05 pm

I tank his Bear form and stoneform the bleeds.
honorshammer

Postby Zeels » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:10 pm

Honorshammer wrote:I tank his Bear form and stoneform the bleeds.

It's called pwnform for a reason you know. :)

Spank
Zeels

Next

Return to Zul'aman