Remove Advertisements

Offtanking ZA?

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Offtanking ZA?

Postby monstrocity » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:08 pm

I just wanted to know some good OT stats (I've looked, and have only found MT type stats) mine are in my sig. thanks.
Yum diddly umptions

monstrocity

Postby Wakeman » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:13 am

You are not ready imo.

I maintanked 3 bosses so far. That run was with a warrior off-tanks who had 13k hp and better avoidance than you.
Image Fear my Bacon of Light!
Wakeman

Postby Alostrael » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:01 am

Well, optimally unless you have a druid main tanking, you would be main tanking. Taking two prot specced tanks gimps your dps on bosses that only need 1 tank. So the ideal setup is something like pally MT, druid OT or pally MT, dps warrior OT (provided they have a good tank set).
Alostrael

Postby Boudi » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:27 am

trolling faillure?
Tanked: KZ(nightbane left), Nalorakk
Boudi

Postby 2ndNin » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:56 am

From what I have seen of ZA as an MT/OT hybrid (rotating as needed / wanted), MT and OT should basically be interchangable.

Eagle: No OT (either you tank for massive threat, or you heal)
Bear: 2 Tanks, you generally do troll form, other tank can basically sit still on your threat for their section if they want, but you both need hits.
Lynx: MT needs to be better, However OT can still get hit for large numbers (I ate 16K lashes as OT for some reason, not sure how that mecahnic actually works).
Dragonhawk: AOE OT, better hope you have the gear to survive.

So for the lynx alone you want to be sitting at at least 17K health in case the MT get an unlucky set of blows, meaning you should be able to tank everything anyway, so you should basically be interchangable.
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Postby Alostrael » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:33 pm

2ndNin wrote:Lynx: MT needs to be better, However OT can still get hit for large numbers (I ate 16K lashes as OT for some reason, not sure how that mecahnic actually works).

You may have fallen victim to the hitbox issue if your MT was a draenei/bear druid. Or you may have not been close enough, etc.
Alostrael

Postby 2ndNin » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:48 am

It was a warrior I was tanking with there and we were on top of each other, so not sure why, it doesn't seem 100% consistent with a split of 50-50 or the hitbox thing is perhaps odd (MT getting hit as target, OT missing due to being on top of MT but too far forward?).
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Postby Nagmos » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:34 am

2ndNin wrote:It was a warrior I was tanking with there and we were on top of each other, so not sure why, it doesn't seem 100% consistent with a split of 50-50 or the hitbox thing is perhaps odd (MT getting hit as target, OT missing due to being on top of MT but too far forward?).

What you're probably seeing is the other tank dodging the saber lash. If either of you dodges your portion of the saber lash, the other tank eats the entire thing. Parries don't work that way, and obviously blocks don't either.

On topic, I'd say you need a bit more HP to reliably offtank.
Nagmos

Postby Dorvan » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:12 pm

Nagmos wrote:What you're probably seeing is the other tank dodging the saber lash. If either of you dodges your portion of the saber lash, the other tank eats the entire thing. Parries don't work that way, and obviously blocks don't either.

On topic, I'd say you need a bit more HP to reliably offtank.

This is incorrect. As long as the Saber lash targeting both of you the damage is split. There have been various reports of hitbox wonkiness that cause the OT to sometimes not be targeted by the SL.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Return to Zul'aman