Dragonhawk Eggs. Hatch all? Or?

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Dnasheen2 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:17 pm

Finally got this boss down twice.

1st with no FR (cept for Aura) and 2nd with 170 FR buffed (I picked up 2 pieces of the Badge pieces; Still waiting for enough badges to get the other 2).

I noticed that I took way less damage in our 2nd try.

I wanted to tank all the eggs on one side with the 1st hatcher spawn. But just when the Hatcher hatched the last batch of eggs, we got ported to the middle and my consecrate had only 3-4 secs left. So basically, some of the birds did not take too many consecration ticks which made it very difficult on the AOErs.

So next time, I will try 1/2 and 1/2 of both sides and the shield WILL drop =D

We then went to try Hex Lord and got raped.
Dnasheen2

Postby Zeels » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:40 pm

Yeah wondering about this too. I can get as high as 350 fr(buffed), but then with 450 defense...

Does it matter if you are crittable? Have around 450 bv when using that fr set .
By the Power of Grey Skull!

Lvl 80 Spanks you very much Spankadin!

Spank
Zeels

Postby mclem » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:29 pm

Due to the timing of the port for the firebomb phases, I like to make the second hatching as simple as possible, so my usual approach is:

Hatcher round 1: 5 hatchings from one hatcher (= 15 birds)

I'll generally bubble out of the debuffs here from that first biggish phase.

Hatcher round 2: 3 hatchings, the last of which cannot complete due to lack of eggs (=5 birds).

Usually we'll get ported just as the final hatching of that phase takes place, but the hatcher then has to run through the middle of the field to get to the remaining eggs allowing a reasonably easy kill during the firebomb phase.

Hatcher round 3: 4 hatchings, leaving both hatchers alive for it (= 20 birds)

By this time I should be able to pop AW to make absolutely sure that if I get ported again, the consecration I left behind should be able to grab the birds on its own.
mclem

Postby enbee » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:22 pm

We nuke to 35% and kill all hatchers, then everyone comes to the middle untill all the birds are in my consecrate, fastest way to do it if you're doing timed, I just bubble/cancel afterwards and continue tanking the boss. Well at least that's how we did it this week, I had to make up time somewhere come some mage thought drinking and letting 2 scouts beat on drums while the raid was on the next pack would be a good idea :(
LoL, a paladin tank!
enbee

Postby Annivus » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:56 am

fuzzygeek wrote:One go-for-fucking-broke strategy is to kill one hatcher, let the other hatcher hatch THE ENTIRE SIDE, aoe them down, bubble to clear the 80 stacks of debuff you have on you, then kill every egg on the other side.

On the plus side, if you survive the first two minutes of the fight, it's over. On the minus side, there's a very high possibility that you will die in a fire..

I use this strat and it's really easy actually.. 1 healer on the tank that's on jan'alai, 2 on me. I also use seal/judgement of light and bubble immediately after we aoe (after the first bomb phase)
Also, MAKE SURE to kill the hatcher as he runs from one side of fully hatched eggs to the other unhatched side.
Annivus

Postby Ris » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:06 pm

Annivus wrote:
fuzzygeek wrote:One go-for-fucking-broke strategy is to kill one hatcher, let the other hatcher hatch THE ENTIRE SIDE, aoe them down, bubble to clear the 80 stacks of debuff you have on you, then kill every egg on the other side.

On the plus side, if you survive the first two minutes of the fight, it's over. On the minus side, there's a very high possibility that you will die in a fire..

I use this strat and it's really easy actually.. 1 healer on the tank that's on jan'alai, 2 on me. I also use seal/judgement of light and bubble immediately after we aoe (after the first bomb phase)
Also, MAKE SURE to kill the hatcher as he runs from one side of fully hatched eggs to the other unhatched side.

This has been said previously in this thread, but I am posting it again to reiterate it to help people.

BUY BADGE FR GEAR AND WEAR IT.

Doing a full side is very easy as a paladin, of course. The only element of surprise is if you get 50+ stacked on debuffs and the boss by random chance decides hes going to flame breath you. The adds themselves are very minor, and do very little damage even when built up.

By wearing full badge FR gear, you will not only maintain relatively decent stats (plenty to tank the adds) - but you will also rarely get stacked above 10, and even then you can dispell yourself or have someone else dispell you and you will stay at 0.

We did it both ways several times (with / without FR) and there is much less 'luck' factor on breaths. Of course still bubble between waves if you have any debuffs.

EDIT : Note, dont feel buying the FR is wasted badges for a single encounter either. If you plan on progressing further it comes very much in handy for things like adds on anetheron, illidan flames, etc.

EDIT 2 : Maybe it was a different thread this idea was mentioned, either way its def worth mentioning again :p
Ris

Postby Greyjoy » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:27 am

Usually I'll do one side in entirety, then do the other side. The only pain in the ass part of it is when you get ported to the center. Not a hard thing to get over, especially since a consecrate should be up at all times so you'll start get aggro, but... that isn't a major issue.

I've seen very little need for FR gear. I'm sure it'll help, but... just have seen no real need. First time round, after the AOE, spend the remaining time cleansing off as many debuffs as you can. Second time, when it will reach 80 or so debuffs (maximum I've seen for clearing one side has been 55 or so)... then bubble.

Our wipes mainly happen when people aren't looking and step on a mine.

edit: However, it is a very good idea to pick up FR gear and use it anyway. Just if you don't have it, don't feel like you can't do it.
Greyjoy

Postby Wakeman » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:47 pm

FR gear: good to have it, but not a big deal if don't. I won't spend BoJs on those FR gear until I have every BoJs epic upgrade I needed.
Image Fear my Bacon of Light!
Wakeman

Postby Greyjoy » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:30 pm

and with today's announcing that more Badge gear is going to be added into the game, I won't be picking up FR gear until at least 2.4. I wanna see if any new tankadin loot is added in. :D
Greyjoy

Postby 2ndNin » Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:38 am

My armoury link is below, and I have the full fire resistance set (no encahnts on it yet), any ideas what I want to be wearing for this section of the fight if I am going to be semi-fire-immune?
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Postby Bosutei » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:52 am

We used to pop all the eggs at once. Now we're down to single-tank ZA runs, and so I'm on the boss and warriors do the hatchlings.

Um, how do you Bear and Lynx then? Unless I'm completely misunderstanding...

2ndNin wrote:My armoury link is below, and I have the full fire resistance set (no encahnts on it yet), any ideas what I want to be wearing for this section of the fight if I am going to be semi-fire-immune?

I don't wear full HP gear, I just wear maximum HP gear, plus my Torn-Heart neck, it gives me about 100 FR Resist, and I've noticed a huge difference when we do the OMFG GO FOR BROKE! strategy.
Bosutei

Postby Aina » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:32 pm

I'd just like to share my experiences.

Letting a hatcher fully hatch all the eggs on one side proved to be a bit risky on the healing. Figurine of the Colossus saved my butt a couple of times if it did happen though.
The main problem with letting one side hatch completly is that it takes to long before all the hawks are in my Consecration and ready to be AoE'd down, plus teleport/bombs often interfering.

So we hatch one side in 2 halves, then burn the boss to 35% leaving all the eggs on the other side intact. The 35% wave is MUCH easier to handle, since all the hawks come at once, Wings + 1 Consecration and you're ready to blast away with AoE.
Even though there's more hawks at once, it's alot less dangerous because you spend less time getting hit.

I'd like to try saving all the eggs from both sides till 35% sometime, but I'm afraid they'll gank a healer, or that Flame Breath will do to much harm when everybody is bunched up together.

Oh yeah, I also found that when we take half a platform at a time, the hawks get killed just fast enough to allow the fire debuff to run out before the next wave comes.
Aina

Postby 2ndNin » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:34 am

Finally downed this guy last night, about 6 tries across 4 different group make ups due to time (so most attempts came down to learning about the fight rather than actually killing him :D). 2 attempts we hatched all 20 eggs on 1 side (270 fire resistance), no problems, wait till all 20 are hatched before starting the aoe, kill the hatcher as he runs back to the other side. Stacking like this seems horribly effective, only once was I below 10K hits, and I stood on 2 bombs to get there :D.

So thanks for the advice, was excellent, never hit more than 8 of the debuffs on me even with 20 hawks.
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Postby 2ndNin » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:36 am

Bosutei,

From the sounds of it he is using warrior (fury / arms) OTs, as long as they have decent armour and hits you don't need an OT on either bear or lynx fights (I have tanked 26% of the bear fight solo after the OT died). Lynx needs someone to split the lash, but as long as they survive it and the healers are on the ball then you can do it with 1 tank picking up phase 2 halazzi and the lynx.
[/url]
2ndNin

Previous

Return to Zul'aman