Remove Advertisements

Uncrushable & ZA

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Uncrushable & ZA

Postby PapaNasty » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:25 pm

So, I went to ZA for prettymuch the first time last night, since as much as I hate the idea of looking like a troll, the shield from there is imo the best prehyjall shield and doesn't look tooooo "troll like"

I get there, and then we were talking about the dragonhawk boss, and they said I could tank the boss + Adds when we get upto him

I asked how many adds, they said maybe 10

At which point I pointed out that it'll use all of my shield charges and so I'll get crushed like no tomorrow by the boss so will need an absolute tonne of healing

They then advised me that nothing in ZA can crush you....

Is this right?

I've even been crushed by preBC bosses when I've had adds eating up my holy shield charges, so find it difficult to believe that the ZA content doesn't have crushings on the table....

Please confirm / deny for me
PapaNasty of Barthilas (US)
PapaNasty

Postby DeadlyRabbit » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:23 pm

So they expect you to tank the boss where the dragon hawks come out and consecrate to pick them up, interesting way to do it but the debuffs would make it rough when you take his flame attack.

The boss does do crushing blows, and you are right in thinking the dragonhawks will take out your holy shield, it seems like doing it this way will make the fight harder.
DeadlyRabbit

Postby Sthallas » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:54 pm

It CAN be done that way but having an OT for the boss (yes you are the MT with all of the hawks lol) is a lot easier. I prefer a feral OT since you gain a bunch of DPS when they switch to cat form everywhere you don't need a 2nd tank.

If you do tank both the hawks and the boss you'll want most of the hawks hitting you from behind so as not to eat you HS charges and you MUST cleanse the debuff (or have it dispelled) or you'll get 1 shotted by the flame breath.
Last edited by Sthallas on Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sthallas

Postby Invisusira » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:55 pm

SOME of the bosses in ZA don't crush. The Bear for one. Not sure who else.

This strat does indeed work, I do it this way when we don't have an OT online.
Invisusira

Postby jere » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:02 pm

Bear and Lynx do not crush.
Eagle and Dragonhawk do I believe.

I don't know about hex lord and the last guy, but I assume they do crush (not sure though)
jere

Postby Arcand » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:09 pm

jere wrote:Bear and Lynx do not crush.

I've heard the same elsewhere, for what it's worth. And on the WoWHead Dragonhawk page, there are some comments about WWS parses containing crushing blows.
Arcand

Postby Katatonia » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:23 pm

This is correct, and both Hex Lord Malacrass and Zul'jin can crush as well. Brutal Swipe and Saber Lash are there to make up for the lack of crushing on Bear/Lynx.
Katatonia

Postby kywirelessguy » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:34 pm

Invis, when you are tanking them all do you have a healer chain spamming cleanse? How many dragonhawks do you let loose per phase? Do you bubble after one side is done?

I'm a pally tank, I'm always interested in the "Tank it all" technique.

And OT...you ever try and rescue the kitty from shattered halls? Skip Omrogg and engage Kargath and you can tank em both at the same time! Not like your mech kitty rescue, but would still be complicated with the aggro dump.
kywirelessguy

Postby Worldie » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:41 pm

Invis means the headless chicken tactic, which is blowing the whole side and so killing all dragonhawks in 2 hatchers call.

The tecnique is describe in the appropriate topic :)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby kywirelessguy » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:45 pm

My guild likes to let out 6 per phase and it drives me fucking insane. Just let em all go damnit! On occasion we'll get ported to the middle before the dps can get down the 2nd hatcher. Everybody's on vent going "oh shit", and I'm thinking in my head 'Hell yeah!".
kywirelessguy

Postby Invisusira » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:48 pm

When I'm JUST tanking the hawks, I do one whole side, then the other. I spam cleanse on myself but don't have any of the healers do so as it's mostly a waste of mana/time for them.

When I tank the boss AND the hawks, I tell them to only let 1/2 of them out. When I only have a few out, I'm able to get the debuff off myself. Of course, Sometimes they fail sometimes and let them all out.

ps I was confused when I didn't see my reply to that, and then realized it was sitting in another browser window with "submit" not hit yet lol
Invisusira

Postby Huon » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:06 pm

what im wondering is, why would you even worry about this whole thing?

I don't see why it matters that much since if you wanna tank in there you need some pretty decent gear, aka you should be uncrushable no matter what entering ZA.

or am I missing something?

EDIT: ah, nevermind, once your holy shield of gone
Huon

Postby Gerilith » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:39 am

Katatonia wrote:

This is correct, and both Hex Lord Malacrass and Zul'jin can crush as well. Brutal Swipe and Saber Lash are there to make up for the lack of crushing on Bear/Lynx.

The other way round. They can't crush because of these abilities.
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

Postby Katatonia » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:47 pm

Yeah, I phrased that poorly; what I meant to say was that those abilities more than make up for the lack of crushing blows. They could have enabled crushing blows on them without having it affect those abilities, but thankfully they chose not to.
Katatonia

Return to Zul'aman