Remove Advertisements

Tanking hawks on Dragonhawk boss

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby berbo2 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:56 am

Here is how we do it:

1. Mage and me are the only one who deal with eggs;

2. On first hatchers spawn we let 4 waves of eggs to be spawned: 1 + 2 + 4 + 8 = 15; (healers are away from us - 1 egg = JoR; next 2 - AS; the 4 - Consecration; the 8 - Frost Nova + Conssecration) due to the fact that its early for teleport you may choose to clear the entire side)

3. If you clear the entire side buble up to remove the Buffets - normally around 40 debuffs;

3. On second hatcher spawn - rest of the side or 2-3 waves from the other side; (keep up ConSecration on the bridge entrance all the time to make sure hawks will be hitted even if you get teleported)

4. Third Hatchers spawn - kill them both. Normally boss is around 35-37 % so we wait for teleport and down him to spawn the eggs immidiatly after the bombs are gone. All AoErs help clear the final spawn of eggs.

5. Easy loot :)
berbo2

Postby Wakeman » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:56 am

Queycar wrote:So we've done about an hour total of attempts on this guy. And i've mastered picking up the birds and holding them and not dying etc etc. The problem i'm having is how the hell do you see the bombs when you've got an entire side worth of birds around you? I keep dying to bombs that I can't see because there's birds over top of them.

If you have Deadly boss mod or similar addons installed, it is actually better to STAND STILL after you are teleported, look for a clear area, and move to it at the last 2 seconds. If you move immediately after the teleport, you are likely to make more bombs spawn under your feet, which means you will have less clear area to stand on.

No fire resist gear is needed if you do it right.
Image Fear my Bacon of Light!
Wakeman

Postby Extremity » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:29 am

One-shotted the fight for the first time last night. Killed one hatcher, frost slowing trap (whatever it's called) on the other side, spam consecrate, spam seed of corruption. Success!
Extremity

Postby Oriax » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:58 am

Same strat here that sofar has worked ok. I mark Hatchers, Skull and X. Assigned people nuke Skull while I run towards the side X is going to. First Consecration I put down at the end of the bridge, amongst the eggs.
Then I back up and while Cons is on CD, Judge the first dragon. When I'm at the start of the bridge I smack another Cons just in time to see a few fly past me, but they uuusually come back to me. Teleported, run back and Cons again, just in time to see noone nuked the hatcher after the first 1, 2 ,4 so I end up with all.

Camera straight up and careful placing between the bombs while calling out to kill the other Hatcher before he opens up the other side, then for aoe.
Then we did the same exact thing for the other side, worked well but in the back of my head it feels I'm walking a thin line with that many debuffs, waiting to get a Flame-thingie from boss.
First time I got all on one side but it worked ok, luck incl. maybe.

I use a more spelldmg-set here though, about 400-450SD. Even used my sporeggar shield with spike some try's for more threat/dmg which worked ok, about 15-17k hp buffed in that gear.

And yea, I noticed a bigger range on the bombs a few weeks back aswell. Before I had almost been able to stand so that the glowing aura on the bombs (high gfx-setting) was just about touching me, and no dmg. Where I had stood initially didn't work since I took dmg and/or died (with debuffs and dragons on me). I now try to stand as far away as possible from anything glowing on the ground.
Oriax

Postby Queycar » Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:31 pm

Wakeman wrote:
Queycar wrote:So we've done about an hour total of attempts on this guy. And i've mastered picking up the birds and holding them and not dying etc etc. The problem i'm having is how the hell do you see the bombs when you've got an entire side worth of birds around you? I keep dying to bombs that I can't see because there's birds over top of them.

If you have Deadly boss mod or similar addons installed, it is actually better to STAND STILL after you are teleported, look for a clear area, and move to it at the last 2 seconds. If you move immediately after the teleport, you are likely to make more bombs spawn under your feet, which means you will have less clear area to stand on.

This worked like a charm and we got him down...your advice definitly helped make the difference so thank you.

Also i'll add to the thread that I hit 489 spell damage and birds were not flying through my consecrate. No hunter traps or anything needed they just stuck right to me.
Queycar

Previous

Return to Zul'aman