Nalorakk/Halazzi - new problem

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Nalorakk/Halazzi - new problem

Postby Katatonia » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:00 pm

Never seen this happen before, but last night I was repeatedly taking the whole Brutal Swipe/Saber Lash myself, despite the offtank (bear) standing right next to me/on top of me. Didn't happen every time, just enough to cause a wipe on bear once, and prevent us from killing Halazzi at all last night. Looking through the combat log by hand, I see that there are a few instances of me dodging/parrying the swipe without a corresponding hit for the druid, so it appears that it actually happened more times than I thought it did last night.

I know the offtank was in position properly, and what's even more bizarre is that while we were both in motion while getting Halazzi moved immediately after the pull, he always took the lash fine, but once we'd stop and just be standing there in front of him... BAM, I take a 16k hit and die. I had 21k buffed so I was able to survive it sometimes, but there's no way the healers were going to maintain mana through that so we gave up.

Anyone else seeing this recently? I checked my WWS from Saturday night and it never happened once.
Katatonia

Postby Dorvan » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:08 pm

There have been a number of reports of hitbox weirdness when tanking with Tauren (Warriors or Bears I believe)....try shifting around slightly where you're standing relative to your co-tank and/or start eating more triple cheeseburgers.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Katatonia » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:37 pm

Here's one that really annoys me:

1/15 23:37:44.907 Halazzi 's Saber Lash hits you for 18446. (344 blocked)
1/15 23:37:44.907 Incredibull attacks. Halazzi parries.

Ignoring the fact that the OT has autoattack on and probably shouldn't ... it's still bullshit that the game says he was in a position to get parried but not get hit with saber lash.

Going to try having him stand directly behind me tomorrow and see what happens. If it's a hitbox problem then I can only assume the game thinks that he is not in front because he's too close. Spell data for both Brutal Swipe and Saber Lash shows 8 yd. range on one and 20 yd. on the other so he can stand back a little bit it seems, and even more on Halazzi.
Last edited by Katatonia on Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Katatonia

Postby Dorvan » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:43 pm

It's actually possible it's the other way around...your OT could be out of range of the Saber Lash but able to hit Hallazzi because of Halazzi's hitbox. This comes up elsewhere, for example at max melee range to the Fel Reavers in Hellfire they can't hit you with their warstomp.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Invisusira » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:47 pm

Dodge/parry/blocking an incoming swipe will NOT put the whole attack on the other tank. They will still only take half.

However, the hitbox is VERY touchy. It's especially hard with large tanks, like bears. You pretty much have to be DIRECTLY on top of each other.
Invisusira

Postby Katatonia » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:03 pm

Invisusira wrote:Dodge/parry/blocking an incoming swipe will NOT put the whole attack on the other tank. They will still only take half.

Yea, that part I know. The bit of log was to show that the bear got parried at the same instant that I got dropped by a full Saber Lash--so clearly he was in front for the parry, but still didn't take the lash.

1/15 21:14:31.000 Nalorakk 's Brutal Swipe was dodged.
1/15 21:14:31.015 Nalorakk 's Brutal Swipe hits Incredibull for 5482.
1/15 21:14:45.593 Nalorakk 's Brutal Swipe was dodged.
1/15 21:23:05.235 Nalorakk 's Brutal Swipe was dodged.
1/15 21:23:05.235 Nalorakk 's Brutal Swipe was dodged by Incredibull.

First one is fine, working as you descibe, second one is me dodging the next swipe and there's no entry for the OT anywhere close to that point in the log. There's a few more like that where I dodge/parry and there's nothing for him. The third example shows that if both tanks dodge there are individual messages and it's not a combat log quirk.

However, the hitbox is VERY touchy. It's especially hard with large tanks, like bears. You pretty much have to be DIRECTLY on top of each other.

I'll try messing around with it some more tomorrow to see what we can do to prevent it. I just find it weird that it has never happened before last night.
Katatonia

Postby Katatonia » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:19 pm

On a somewhat related (well, it has to do with Nalorakk and Halazzi anyway) note... I'm curious if other people make adjustments to their gear when tanking these bosses that cannot crush.

Reason I ask is that right now I can't wear Bonefist Gauntlets or Brooch of Deftness without having problems on a boss that can crush, but I'm thinking that max armor/hp is the maybe the way to go on these two and those items (along with a few other changes) could work well. Maybe I've been reading too much stuff from the warrior perspective over at tankspot though.
Katatonia

Postby seferio » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:32 pm

If you are tanking with a Tauren their hitbox is different from a Blood Elf since we're substantially smaller. You will have to stand in front of the other tank in order for the saber lash/brutal swipe to hit both of you.

Personally I stand in front of the tank and to his right/left and I always get hit by it.
seferio

Return to Zul'aman