Refining the Timed Bosses

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby fiorina » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:32 pm

Worldie wrote:I just wonder what kind of overgearing is needed for that. We tried doing the timed run with proper party, we got to the dragonhawk and failed cause we wiped there but we had some time left, but i cant really find out what kind of DPS you need to make it to the Lynx in same time.

Well, as discussed before and shown in couple of movies around... if you manage to have 8k Raid DPS on bosses, you are 100% able to do timed event. If you still fail, check how to make pulls more effective.
Fx Aarlyn guilde is really step-by-step explanation, use it and treat whole event as a boss fight, even the trash... have timers, have clear assignments etc.

What was your raid DPS, if you breakdown to player level, are you sure they can't do 500 more? Where did you get biggest timesink compared with movies above? Answer this and you can improve your raid for the next run.

It is possible to do it with 6.5-7k raid DPS on bosses, which is late Tier5+ level/top badge gear. But you will have like 1 minute left, so you need perfect pulls, no mistakes and very good group of players.
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby jere » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:02 pm

Mortehl wrote:Regarding the Dragonhawk, I spawn them all on one side. We kill them. Then I repeat. Then we pwn the boss. That fight goes VERY fast.

I am curious how you do this. I tried doing an entire side and he usually does the "pull everyone to the middle" before all of them hatch, and then I am not there to refresh consecrate in time and a bunch go flying around killing people in various places.

Also on a side note, most of my guildies insist that if you spawn all the dragon hawks before 35% that he will reset the eggs and you will get all the dragon hawks again. I am assuming from this post that that is entirely not true and that you can kill all the dragon hawks before 35% with no resets.
jere

Postby Dorvan » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:28 pm

jere wrote:
Mortehl wrote:Regarding the Dragonhawk, I spawn them all on one side. We kill them. Then I repeat. Then we pwn the boss. That fight goes VERY fast.

I am curious how you do this. I tried doing an entire side and he usually does the "pull everyone to the middle" before all of them hatch, and then I am not there to refresh consecrate in time and a bunch go flying around killing people in various places.

Also on a side note, most of my guildies insist that if you spawn all the dragon hawks before 35% that he will reset the eggs and you will get all the dragon hawks again. I am assuming from this post that that is entirely not true and that you can kill all the dragon hawks before 35% with no resets.

Your guild mates are most definitely wrong. We always clean up everything isn2 or 3 hatcher spawns...once you're done with that it's a very simple fight.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Faldoran » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:42 pm

Poly spam one of the flamecasters and nuke the other one down works like a charm. And dispel / purge / spellsteal the buff fast.
Faldoran

Postby Worldie » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:12 pm

Faldoran wrote:Poly spam one of the flamecasters and nuke the other one down works like a charm. And dispel / purge / spellsteal the buff fast.

Hint: Devour. RoS is good teacher for the potential of those doggies.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby 2ndNin » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:13 am

We are T4/Badge at the moment and our plan with those guys is that the OT picks up 1 caster, I pick up the 2 guardians and spam sheep the 2nd caster. Once the first caster is down we blow through 1 guardian (2 hurts me quite badly, 1 is fine), the sheeped caster, then the guardian and it seems to work well, sheeping both, or killing both before the guardians seems to stress our healers a whole load more than simply alternating.

I don't know about full timed runs, but when we did the dragon gauntlet the first few times we spawned reinforcments (upto 4 times / scout), and our times weren't that badly affected as the locks / mages just went aoe as threat is no issue once we are going so by the time the guardian would be dead anyway they are all down and we could move on.
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Previous

Return to Zul'aman