Remove Advertisements

Refining the Timed Bosses

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Refining the Timed Bosses

Postby Mortehl » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:52 am

So, My guild is 1 shotting (mostly) straight through the entire instance, but we're not making the final timed boss. Our route is Eagle -> Bear -> DragonHawk -> Lynx.

Obviously the gauntlet goes by like a f'in joke with a tankadin in the raid. The trash to the bear is straightforward and can't be altered really. The trash to the Dragonhawk is slowing us down BAD and I'm not sure what the best way to correct it is.

Could someone who's 4 shotting the timed event for the bear mount give me some pointers on how you handle the trash quickly? In particular the double flamecaster packs.
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby kywirelessguy » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:30 am

did you watch Aarlryn's dragonhawk vid? I haven't but have watched a couple others and he goes over all the trash before the bosses too, might be worth the download.
kywirelessguy

Postby Aalryn » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:28 pm

If we have 2 flamecasters we TRY to poly 1.. it usually doesn't work though. If we dont poly or I consecrate over it, we just have 1 guy go on with interrupts. HOJ it etc. that'll give you 6 seconds at the start to help out. As a blood elf i can arcane torent for an extra 2 seconds of not having the cast, but stuns really help. Other than that it's burn burn.

If my mana gets low I just use AW and seal wisdom, i'm also not opposed to using mana pots to speed up pulls.
~insert flashy signature here~

"Error: Armory link not found" ... Tankadin no more
Aalryn

Postby Dorvan » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:35 pm

For the 2x Flamecaster pulls well usually MC one. We haven't gotten a bear mount yet (3/4 timed for the first time this week), but I think is goes without saying that you can't have any scouts summon reinforcements, with all the HP they have that's a big time sink every time you get adds. We try to keep the whole raid close to each other and away from huts while killing pulls...good awareness of the surroundings is key here.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Aalryn » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:48 pm

Dorvan wrote:For the 2x Flamecaster pulls well usually MC one.

Agree @ this being the best option. We seldom run with priests so i always forget about this one =D

Aalryn

Postby Swagger » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:55 pm

the problem with poly is that the other mobs dispel it (guardians? I don't remember). If you can pull them far enough away or LoS them that solves that problem, but that's really only viable once you get onto the platform below the boss =/
Swagger

Postby Mortehl » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:19 pm

Aalryn wrote:
Dorvan wrote:For the 2x Flamecaster pulls well usually MC one.

Agree @ this being the best option. We seldom run with priests so i always forget about this one =D

We do that now, but I'm trying to figure out a way to speed this up. Any place I can shave seconds is what I'm after.
Mortehl

Postby Questioner » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:30 pm

Mana potting on the trash can be a huge timesaver. I mean whole minutes. If you really want that mount, spend the money to give your mana users pots for trash as well as the bosses.

We hit 3/4 by going to Lynx after bear instead of dragonhawk because we cannot seem to consistently take care of the scouts, but we all want the bear mount so we are going to have to learn it the proper way now.

For Aarlyn: Do you think doing the birds like that actually speeds up the kill time? We usually do 1/4, 1/4, 1/2. I prefer the 35% spawn rather than the last hatcher to spawn them because they all come at once and are easier to get consistent aggro on (rather than the ones at the beginning being locked to you while the ones at the end have low aggro).
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Not necessarily accurate: Armory
Questioner

Postby fiorina » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:38 pm

Strange, flamecasters aren't that bad from the timesink point of view. What is your problem, raid healing? They have like 70k HP, just do some solid DPS on them. Use stuns, interrupts and so on.

You can check the stream
http://files.filefront.com/BD+vs+ZA+uncutavi/;9320679;/fileinfo.html

9:50 - Initial pull
12:25 - Last pack, 3 flamecasters, no CC
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Aalryn » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:07 pm

Questioner wrote:For Aarlyn: Do you think doing the birds like that actually speeds up the kill time? We usually do 1/4, 1/4, 1/2. I prefer the 35% spawn rather than the last hatcher to spawn them because they all come at once and are easier to get consistent aggro on (rather than the ones at the beginning being locked to you while the ones at the end have low aggro).

It doesn't speed up the kill time. the DPS are going all out no matter what. What I feel that it does is controls the kill a bit more. It makes it go a bit smoother because once they are gone it's an easy tank & spank with a fireball phase.

Your right the ones at the end have low agro. You always get ported when the last dragonhawks are hatched. As long as you have a consecration down before the port even the last hawks will come to you. No one is taking damage now, everyone is running and positioning so your the one that has agro even though it's light. If you notice in my vids I run to the opposite side to give some extra time then consecrate again. We dont dps until AFTER the orbs blow up. This gives plenty of agro time.

We have also started to kill the hatcher after he finishes popping eggs instead of just having him walk over and insta-pop the other side. again just for control purposes.

As far as the OP and speeding up the time. As you can see in any video you just move nonstop. If your going slow it's easier to speed up in other areas of the event instead of just the dragonhawk area. Try chain pulling. when the last mob of a pack gets to about 50% HOJ it and run out to grab another pack. It'll speed up your pulls by a few needed minutes.

Aalryn

Postby Mortehl » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:02 am

Regarding the Dragonhawk, I spawn them all on one side. We kill them. Then I repeat. Then we pwn the boss. That fight goes VERY fast.
Mortehl

Postby Eeva » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:46 am

Prot Paladins are OP for ZA timed runs. Just need to make sure you have an Off Tank able to MT the Dragonhawk and help tank the Bear. I was in a successful group last night and got bear mount with the timer still showing 7 minutes.
Eeva

Postby fiorina » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:38 am

When I am thinking about our fuckups... you actually don't need OT there that much :) Bear debuff is bubblable and he is dead on next turn, you can tank dragonhawk next to bridge to the eggs... and well, Halazzi is solotankable as well :)
I definitely going to try either this or run with 1 healer one day.
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Huon » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:51 am

fiorina wrote:When I am thinking about our fuckups... you actually don't need OT there that much :) Bear debuff is bubblable and he is dead on next turn, you can tank dragonhawk next to bridge to the eggs... and well, Halazzi is solotankable as well :)
I definitely going to try either this or run with 1 healer one day.

darn you overgeared tankadins :P

there is no way I could do that with my group, The bear changes form 2 or 3 times I think for us... but then again, we are just kara/Gruul geared...

starting to get to ZA stuff though ;)
Huon

Postby Worldie » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:39 am

I just wonder what kind of overgearing is needed for that. We tried doing the timed run with proper party, we got to the dragonhawk and failed cause we wiped there but we had some time left, but i cant really find out what kind of DPS you need to make it to the Lynx in same time.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Next

Return to Zul'aman