Remove Advertisements

About to start ZA

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

About to start ZA

Postby Pley » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:15 am

Just wondering how my gear looks thus far. I'm in the process of replacing my gems as I got three new gear pieces this week that put me into uncrit/uncrushable without gems so I'm slowly replacing them with +12 stam. I will be getting reverred sometime this week and having a +18.

Wondering how I look for ZA. We won't be starting right away. I've tanked Prince before and just about every boss in Kara (I don't tank Maiden because we always have a warrior and that fight is easier for them). Our healers are better geared then myself for the most part and our group as a lot of classes that can offheal.

Sorry I can't link my armory as I'm on my sidekick. My character's name is Pley on the Lothar server.
Level 70 Tankadin - Lothar
Pley

Postby Grigsby » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:42 am

It looks like you have about 14k health fully raid buffed. While for Kara this is perfectly fine, I see it being low for ZA. (By about 3k Health)

I would replace:
Bracers of Dignity - with the Bracers of Attuneman.
Helm of the Righteous - with T4 Helm off Prince.
Shatari Waistguard - with the Belt off of Moroes.
Flesh Beast Greaves - With either the Chess Boots, or the BOP Drop Boots from Kara.
Andormu's Tear - With the Exalted Kara Defense Ring (Which you should have in a few weeks)

Start using the Flask of Blinding Light - The +80 SpellDamage allows your DPS to go all out more so things die faster.

Change Glove enchant to the +2% Threat. +20 Spelldamage is nice, but your SD is getting high enough you'll get more bonus out of the +2% Threat.

And when you can (To remain uncrit/uncrush) change all your gems to SSOE. (+12 stamina) or more if you can make em. (I really want the +18 Stam Gems.)

Also on a Note: The 2nd tank for your raid will need to be geared similar, or better. The bosses hit hard, and even trash pulls can wipe you if your not geared.
Grigsby

Postby Pley » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:52 am

Grigsby wrote:It looks like you have about 14k health fully raid buffed. While for Kara this is perfectly fine, I see it being low for ZA. (By about 3k Health)

I would replace:
Bracers of Dignity - with the Bracers of Attuneman.
Helm of the Righteous - with T4 Helm off Prince.
Shatari Waistguard - with the Belt off of Moroes.
Flesh Beast Greaves - With either the Chess Boots, or the BOP Drop Boots from Kara.
Andormu's Tear - With the Exalted Kara Defense Ring (Which you should have in a few weeks)

Start using the Flask of Blinding Light - The +80 SpellDamage allows your DPS to go all out more so things die faster.

Change Glove enchant to the +2% Threat. +20 Spelldamage is nice, but your SD is getting high enough you'll get more bonus out of the +2% Threat.

And when you can (To remain uncrit/uncrush) change all your gems to SSOE. (+12 stamina) or more if you can make em. (I really want the +18 Stam Gems.)

Also on a Note: The 2nd tank for your raid will need to be geared similar, or better. The bosses hit hard, and even trash pulls can wipe you if your not geared.

I don't know what my armory is at but I'm just hitting 15k full raid buffed. All that stuff is just things I'm waiting for mostly and I can nearly replace every slot with a +12. We won't be starting for about a month (maybe more since we just got some new folks). Hopefully I can get some of that before we start. Thanks for the advice!
Level 70 Tankadin - Lothar
Pley

Postby Arcand » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:38 pm

Grigsby wrote:even trash pulls can wipe you if your not geared.

The first four pulls, you will think Grigsby is exaggerating - then you will get to the bears with trolls on their backs and you will understand. They hit pretty hard, then apply a debuff to you which makes them hit really hard.

Then you'll get to Halazzi...heh, heh.
Arcand

Postby Grigsby » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:33 pm

Yeah - Bear pulls are BAD...

Cause the bear/mount are actually kind of easy - It's the 50% Damage Buff they Get, and 25% Damage Increase Debuff they give you.

So not only do you need to tank them more than 20ish yards apart, the healers have to be able to deal with both of you...

Stupid Lynx boss... stupid cleaves.. stupid lynx boss...

He's like prince somedays - Get a little lucky on the damage spikes and cleaves and your fine... get unlucky.. and yeah..

Btw - Now there are what. 2 bosses that make Tranq Shot useful?

MC Maggie, and ZA Lynx boss?
Grigsby

Postby Everlight » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:54 pm

ZA is quite harsh on the tanks and healers. 15k raid buffed really isn't enough health - everything in there hits like a runaway train.

As for the Bears, I was (accidentally) wearing my "Karazhan set" - the tank set I wear for Prince and Nightbane, when we took on one of the Bear riders. I got freakin' smashed, and it was quite embarrassing.

I now wear the set I use for tanking Gruul for those bears. They really, REALLY hurt, and will chop through 15k in three hits without a problem.
Everlight

Postby plisken451 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:44 pm

I discovered the beauty that is the Bear Riders the other night after our guild's first Prince kill. Thought we'd try something different. I'd never been in a fresh ZA instance, and the scripted-ness of the pulls threw me for a loop. We handled the pulls ok, but that last pull before Nalorakk (with the 2 riders, 2 witch-doctors), absolutely ate our faces off. They hurt a bit while mounted, but then they dismount, and hurt a LOT. And to top it off, I forgot to turn on the combatlog, so I have no idea whether it's me, or my healers. I suspect a bit of both.
ImageRetired

Mirraluun - Asmodian Chanter - Fregion Server - Eated by hackers
plisken451

Postby fiorina » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:25 pm

Grigsby wrote:Btw - Now there are what. 2 bosses that make Tranq Shot useful?

MC Maggie, and ZA Lynx boss?

Chromaggus, Huhuran, Gluth, Flameggor, Maws from the Scepter quest... just from the top of my head :)

That's actually 5 times more bosses compared where paladin tank is needed :)
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Return to Zul'aman