Remove Advertisements

Halazzi - Strat question and possible gear issue? Maybe?

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Halazzi - Strat question and possible gear issue? Maybe?

Postby Eroslight » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:53 pm

Admins - I'm not sure if I need to put this in this forum or Gear - I apologize in advance!

Hey all,
So I'm the MT and most geared tank for my guild that just started ZA after farming badges and kara for the past month or so (we're working on getting enough geared tanks to do the 25 mans)
Armory - (Should be tanking gear as soon as it updates)
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormreaver&n=Eroslight

My top 5 DPS average ~750-800 DPS each which is nice cause things die fast
and we've got 1 holy priest with 1700 +heal, a resto shammy with ~1600, and a tree that has a bit lesser geared at ~1200 heal but apparently +heal iisn't so huge with a tree.

So here comes the questions -
After one shotting the bear boss, and 2 shotting the eagle boss yesterday, I thought progression should be the flavor of the day and I said lets roll out to the lynx boss and see how he is.

Well to say the least it didn't go so hot.

First time - OT dies cause lack of heals cause he slashed twice (which he lived through the first one due to hots from the tree) got battle rezzed and we were able to get split - then got him back together which he then promptly 20k lashed me cause the OT didn't get back into position.

Second time - I got lashed by him and then a couple 7k hits to bring me down to 15% and it was all the healers could do to keep me there, so when he lashed again I was dead. The healers said they were casting their biggest heals and blowing cooldowns to keep me up that long.

We had to call it due to it being late - but before a disaster like that happens again I need to know if its a gear issue or something easily correctable.

Now here's the strat question - what the heck - if anything am I doing wrong? Does anybody have any suggestions besides the whole getting more gear part? I was on the Boss the entire time and the warrior OT was on the lynx when he spawned. Should I try to find a holy pally that can eat the lashes with me? ( i have no idea where i'd get one but I guess I could look) - Do I wait until we get some more gear before trying?
Eroslight

Postby Magnusharkov » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:55 am

Your armoury gear looks like a non raid tanking set so I won't comment on that, what's your health, armour and avoidance unbuffed? For Lynx lord I'd expect a MT to be in the 15k health/armour and 50% avoidance range, those are only ballpark figures though.

Both the MT and OT have to be on top of each other to eat saber lashes, however the OT doesnt actually have to attack the boss, you could try getting him to not attack to reduce the effects of parry haste. Anyway, this is a gear check fight for tanks and for healers. Both tanks need to be kept above 9k health at all times which can be pretty stressful on healers, ideally both tanks should have 18k or higher raid buffed health so they can eat 2 saber lashes.

Healers hate this fight they will have to work their ass off keeping you both up, nothing unusual there. One thing that can help is if the OT is a paladin get him to cast a single holy light on himself straight after eating a lash to ease the load.
Magnusharkov

Postby Eroslight » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:41 pm

Damn you Armory - Here is my general stats:
16k Armor, 13.6k Unbuffed -> 18.1k fully Raid buffed (fort, Imp, Paw, Shout)
combo of 102.9% avoidance (i can switch for more avoidance but i lose ~500 health)

OT is a bit less:
14k Armor, 17.6k fully raid buffed, and since he's a dirty warrior cow way past uncrushable by thinking it... i mean wait....
Eroslight

Postby Eroslight » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:22 pm

Damn you Armory - Here is my general stats:
16k Armor, 13.6k Unbuffed -> 18.1k fully Raid buffed (fort, Imp, Paw, Shout)
combo of 102.9% avoidance (i can switch for more avoidance but i lose ~500 health)

OT is a bit less:
14k Armor, 17.6k fully raid buffed, and since he's a dirty warrior cow way past uncrushable by thinking it... i mean wait....
Eroslight

Postby fiorina » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:46 pm

Have you eat Ironshields every CD and had Fortification flask on? Did hunter tranq shot his frenzy?

Use /swl command after every wipe (part of SWStats) to analyze last seconds before death, it will show you if your death was inevitable. There could be some totem damage(dps fault), no heal for some time, lacking some HoTs(healers fault) or non-blocked hits(your fault)

Never trust bullshit healers or DPS'ers are trying to feed you with after wipe, always make sure you review log or /swl.
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Return to Zul'aman