Remove Advertisements

Is Nalorakk Resisting Your Taunt?

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby rozakk » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:08 am

baneoftruth wrote:I believe I've figured it out, actually...here's what I've observed on this boss:

If I taunt while he is changing forms, the taunt will fail.
If I taunt directly after he changes forms and before he starts winding up to hit the other tank, the taunt will fail.
If I taunt as he's halfway through his first auto-swing after changing forms, or directly after his first attack, the taunt will succeed.

I'm running with 4.82% melee hit rating from gear, plus the 3% from Precision. The chance of a failed taunt is pretty low, I'd say.

Anyway, to the heart of the problem, and why a druid/warrior's taunt works all the time while ours doesn't. I have first reason to believe that the boss, server-side, isn't targetting anyone during the transition, even if he has a target of target frame up client-side. If you taunt a mob that doesn't have a target, the taunt will fail and still cause the 15sec c/d (kinda bull, isn't it?). Our taunt requires that the taunt target is targetting someone, while a warrior/druid's does not. It's just different taunt mechanics.

What do you guys think?

this is exactly right i think. When i stopped taunting right after phase shift and waited a sec i havent had the problem since, except once where i forgot and taunted on shift and immediately got screwed.
rozakk

Postby NarfJones » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:46 am

Invisusira wrote:I've been in every possible scenario. I've tanked Troll form. I've tanked Bear form. I've had a bear OT, a warrior OT, and another pally as an OT.

I have > never < had this happen.

Ever.

As discussed, just make sure that you and the other tank:

1) Make sure not to taunt until the transformation is complete.

2) Make sure not to taunt while he is charging another raid member.

I was in complete 100% aggreement with this until last night.

I was an advocate for him not resisting taunts, but sure enough after the transform, and after the charge by a good second he resisted.

I didn't wws the run, but i did check the logs afterwards and there it was.
NarfJones
Maintankadonor

Postby Bughead » Fri May 02, 2008 10:08 am

I havent had a problem with taunts being resisted in quite some time now . I always wait till just after the transition before I taunt , and its always worked . But last night I was tanking the hume phase and when I taunted him off the warrior he had got in a debuff on the war , so when he switched to bear and the warrior picked him up he immediatly got mangled and died (causing a wipe)

Anyone have this problem ? ...or was it just an extremely unlucky set of circumstances ?
Now I'm wondering if I should change how I do this , but its always worked fine before.
Bughead

Postby Seloei » Fri May 02, 2008 11:52 pm

Taunt him when its 0.5s left on the bossmod you are using, that way the person tanking bear form will not get a debuff that will make that phase even more harder. So what, at troll phase you get hit for a bit more, he hits like a wimp then just hope your healers are on the ball.

Double resist with 82 hit rating and precision at the start of the fight... should be pretty close to the hit cap.
Seloei

Postby Lookit » Tue May 20, 2008 9:13 am

I've tanked this guy many times without issue, always being sure to taunt as soon as I actually see him transform into troll form. I never had a single resist in 6 or so fights.

However, on last night's timed run, 3 of my taunts failed. 2 were right after the transition, and 1 was 15 seconds after the transition (as soon as RD was off cooldown). I couldn't believe it. The other tank survived however (dodge ftw!) and we went on to get our bear mount, so I didn't have time to look at my combat log and see if they had actually been resisted or not.

In the future, I think I will just wait a second or so before taunting, and see if that helps.
Lookit

Postby antiy4ho0 » Tue May 20, 2008 9:41 am

I've had no problems taunting him off if I wait until he is fully transformed. On the rare times that I get a resist I just call it on vent and BoP the other tank.
antiy4ho0

Postby Joacimcans » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:11 am

I have had this mysterious resist thing happen a few times. Which is kind of sucky because i use the tankadin mod that spams a /RW when i get an avengers shield miss or a RD resist but it does nothing when this kind of resist/bug happens so i dont think it is a resist issue i think it is just an issue of RD being used on the wrong char or something. One possible solution to fix this perhaps is to just target your other tank and hit RD after he transforms. This might give you the same problem of it using the RD cooldown and not taunting him because he isnt actually targeting your current target.

On a side note anyone else know why omen hates RD...................... everytime we Do ZA to get a bear mount on this boss after a sucessful RD i am still not put at the top of the threat list and it screws up omen and gives people all kinds of warnings that they are above the tank in threat even tho they really arent. Ill try updating to the newest version as mine is like 4 or 5 weeks old but i dont recall having any problems with omen bugging out on RD in the past.
Joacimcans

Postby Seloei » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:03 am

Omens bugged on nalorakk, has been since 2.4 for me atleast. We just have people ignore omen the whole fight since it's nearly impossible to lose agro. Unless one of the two tanks blows bigtime.

If it's not a question of surviving bear. The tank with the beast threat starts off, the other tank picks it up and continues in bear phase. Rince and repeat.

I have only gotten one such "resist" in all the time i've been there. I taunt the bear about 1s before he changes over and always he changes targets.
Seloei

Previous

Return to Zul'aman