Remove Advertisements

Is Nalorakk Resisting Your Taunt?

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Nicki » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:07 am

I havent had a taunt resist but i do have about 5% hit...ive messed up with righteous defense on the person he charges though -.-

On the PTR we did it with me staying second on aggro so if taunt was resisted QD could bubble xD..
To face death and glory with an equal smile
Nicki

Postby Chevalier » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:36 am

Just make sure you have blessing of protection as a backup. You can set it up as a macro much like Righteous Defense.
Chevalier

Postby Johnar » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:13 am

A few weeks ago had this same problem...

We get to the bear boss in plenty of time.

Get to the first transition I taunt, taunt doesnt work, I BoP the warrior.

Get to the third transition, I taunt, taunt doesnt work proceed to wipe cause BoP is on cooldown.

Taunt worked after that first attempt but of course no chest loot.
Johnar

Postby Aoutlaw » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:43 pm

Success!!! Not only did we finish the first 4 bosses in one night (counts as progression for us lol), but we successfully completed the 20 minute time trial.

What a mess it was too. Both myself and the warrior tanking with me died at some point with some unlucky silences, but we both had soulstones for just such an occasion. My taunt worked every time but one, and in that case bop worked fine.

After watching the video I did not see the word resist over his head, which leads me to believe that I was taunting at the wrong time. Previously I had taunted just as he transitioned, and the only explanation I can come up with is that at that moment he has nobody targeted. So your taunt would act like it was resisted, but in reality you just didn't have anyone to taunt off of.

Anyway I waited an extra second or two before taunting this time, and it worked like a charm.

Thanks everyone for all your help. Love these forums!
Aoutlaw

Postby Worldie » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:47 pm

A small note: after 1st tank transition the other tank is potentially being 2nd in threat list for the rest of the fight. Since tanks keep taking the threat of the other, but threat is NOT lost when taunt is done, usually the 2 tanks are the highest ones in threat at any moment.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby fiorina » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:01 pm

Aoutlaw wrote:and the only explanation I can come up with is that at that moment he has nobody targeted...

I was always checking my videos, he is always targeting someone :/
And I've even checked the logs, not a single line, no immune or resist. So as I wrote above, either some weird bug or we have a threat limit, let say 30k, we can taunt from this boss. But since we modified our tactics (with me starting fist) it never happened again.
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Oriax » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:50 am

So far with a few kills and me + warr tanking I've yet to see a resist from taunting him. I don't have any hit-rating to speak of, if any at all, can't remember atm at work.

Even if it would get resisted I'm guessing I'd pull aggro on my own since I more often than not just stand and autoattack after first transition when warrior has him, since I'll overaggro if I continue normal rotation. Blasting away full rotation with JoC on boss and JoR + Cons, would get his attention fast and as soon as he's on me the threat only gets bigger due to HS.

I've been tanking both troll and bear-form, rather take the first if I get to choose though since the silences is annoying. But never a resist on any of those fights as far as I can remember. Maybe I'm just lucky aswell.

We've still to manage getting the timed event down though, last kill we lost the timer when fighting the boss =/ The others in the raid states that you have to kill him with ~2 mins left on the timer, some truth to that or just bs btw ?
Oriax

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:50 am

Maybe it's something related to the targetting mechanics? Sometimes, when he screams during his shift(my warlock here, I don't tank him yet), I see he loses the target for a split-second. Maybe your righteous defense shot at someone he wasn't aiming for?Guildies try to taunt him right after he changes form, when he starts speaking..but we don't have any paladins tanking him yet.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Questioner » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:48 am

Aoutlaw wrote:
fiorina wrote:There is(was) something fishy with Bear boss sometimes. Symptoms:

- however when warrior/druid starts tanking and I have to taunt Bear from them, sometimes taunt will completely fail. There is no debuff on boss, just cooldown is eaten. If I try to taunt again once CD is ready, result is exactly the same, no debuff on boss, lost cooldown. I was using both macro and manual taunt targeting. This happened repeatedly to us in previous patch.

This is IDENTICAL to my situation. I'll try it again on Sunday and report what happens. Will record and maybe post a video so you guys can look.

One time when we did this boss this happened to me. I kid you not, there was no message that it failed (resisted), just nothing happened and it went on cooldown. It happened FIVE times on that fight, and we lost the timer because even though I bopped one and bubbled through bleeds we still had 20% to go.

It has not happened recently though.

Edit: (except I was on human form) I wasn't that night, I forgot. I usually am, but we had a different second tank that wasn't as geared as I am, so he was on Human form. Interesting...
Last edited by Questioner on Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Not necessarily accurate: Armory
Questioner

Postby Zahir » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:41 pm

first time boss resisted taunt...just bop'd then re-BoL the warrior tank.
Zahir

Postby Booke » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:46 am

Aoutlaw wrote:
fiorina wrote:There is(was) something fishy with Bear boss sometimes. Symptoms:

- however when warrior/druid starts tanking and I have to taunt Bear from them, sometimes taunt will completely fail. There is no debuff on boss, just cooldown is eaten. If I try to taunt again once CD is ready, result is exactly the same, no debuff on boss, lost cooldown. I was using both macro and manual taunt targeting. This happened repeatedly to us in previous patch.

This is IDENTICAL to my situation. I'll try it again on Sunday and report what happens. Will record and maybe post a video so you guys can look.

OK, so this exact thing happened to me tonight. I was set to pick up bear form and sure enough.. taunt does nothing. second taunt, nothing. I start healing MT through the next troll phase while I switch around my bars to taunt without the macro. Next bear phase, macro-less taunt fails a third time, MT dies, and Nalorakk charges after the dps.
Then of course, once he's off killing the raid, taunt works just fine, and I get him back on me in time to die.

So we went back, and I started taunting troll form. Everything runs smooth.

???
Booke

Postby inanna » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:33 am

Hi all,

first of all I wanted to say what a great forum this is. I was pointed at it today and spent most of the morning reading all the articles I could.

Regarding taunt resists on the bear boss - I had this yesterday. Through many wipes I came to the conclusion that if I taunt during the change between forms, then it seems to fail. If I waited a half second, it always worked.

I have seen similar issues with judging on charging mobs - judgement goes off, cool down active, but the mob is unaffected - no resist message, the judgement seems to just fall between the cracks ...

regards,

Inanna
inanna

Postby Shai » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:55 am

Had this happen 3 times in a row once with my macro which has worked fine afterwards. The warrior ended tanking the following human form as well and eventually I had to get taunt from spellbook and it finally worked the 4th time. It wasn't anything to do with the transition thought since my second two taunt attempts were nowhere near a transition and still there was no resist, taunt on cd and boss happily hitting warrior.
Shai

Postby Goto » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:23 am

Had a similar problem yesterday while tanking in ZA with this pally o' mine

RD just didnt work before the warrior tanking the first phase died, tried with macro at first, nothing happened, opened spellbook and tried to RD it off him and still nothing happened.

Taunt worked after the warrior died. But stopped working as soon as he got combat ressed and was back to tanking. Weird stuff

/woot first post o/
Goto

Postby Aalryn » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:27 am

This is the very reason I tank the first phase. Every time I would tank the 2nd phase he wouldn't come to me.. no resist, no miss, just nothing. Then the first tank would die and i'd have to finish off the fight tanking solo from 80% or so.

I've never had a problem with taunt being first tank.
~insert flashy signature here~

"Error: Armory link not found" ... Tankadin no more
Aalryn

PreviousNext

Return to Zul'aman