Nalorakk trash

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Nalorakk trash

Postby Mortiran » Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:01 pm

My guild has just had our first shot at ZA and got completely squashed. No biggie all part of learning new content. Making our way to the first boss we get to the pair of mounted mobs that do the armor debuff stuff and the goal is to tank them seperate. Ok my question is using a warrior and paladin as tanks how do you usually pull them. The problems I ran into was either I would pull them and the warrior could not pull off of me or he would pull and the only way I could pull him was taunt which brought them both to me. Either way ended up wiping
Mortiran
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:56 pm

Postby Invisusira » Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:05 pm

Well, see, warriors have this ability called "Taunt."

Maybe he didn't do the quest?
User avatar
Invisusira
Moderator
 
Posts: 9021
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:23 pm
Location: alt-tabbed

Postby Dapaladin » Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:08 pm

Once upon a time i did ZF with a warrior who didnt have defensive stance.





The End
Image
Dapaladin
 
Posts: 231
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:19 pm

Postby Canuun » Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:56 pm

Dapaladin wrote:Once upon a time i did ZF with a warrior who didnt have defensive stance.





The End


Why are you bringing level 9s to ZF? o.O
Image
Canuun
 
Posts: 172
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:20 pm

Postby Bubbleoseven » Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:48 pm

well unless your warrior tank is retarded you pulling should NEVER make a difference unless the mob is untauntable, if he just can't learn that taunt is a viable raid move then just use seal of blood on it to peel it off.
Bubbleoseven
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:42 pm

Postby Dapaladin » Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:44 am

Canuun wrote:
Dapaladin wrote:Once upon a time i did ZF with a warrior who didnt have defensive stance.





The End


Why are you bringing level 9s to ZF? o.O


You get defensive stance through a quest... i think its been a long time since i leveled my warrior
Image
Dapaladin
 
Posts: 231
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:19 pm

Postby Canuun » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:14 pm

Dapaladin wrote:
You get defensive stance through a quest... i think its been a long time since i leveled my warrior


Yea, a quest that every warrior SHOULD do at level 10 :)
Image
Canuun
 
Posts: 172
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:20 pm

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:27 pm

Bubbleoseven wrote:well unless your warrior tank is retarded you pulling should NEVER make a difference unless the mob is untauntable, if he just can't learn that taunt is a viable raid move then just use seal of blood on it to peel it off.


wtf is seal of blood :?: :?:
Image
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
User avatar
Sabindeus
Moderator
 
Posts: 10472
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 9:24 am

Postby Ivliss » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:11 am

I run ZA regularly with our guilds warrior, usually I pop AW, then judge SoR on the mob, pop holy shield, and drop consecrate as I position the mob. By that time SoR is ready to judge again, usually can get one more consecrate off then AW is done. This gives more then enough agro to stay ahead of dps and not use shield throw to pull. Keep in mind I am at about 400 spell damage (about 425 buffed).
Ivliss/ 70 Prot Pally/ Baelgun
Ivliss
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:11 am

Postby gworroll » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:29 pm

When my guild ran it the day it came out we had that pull down. I'd throw shield, bear tank would taunt it off me.

We didn't have the gear to survive much past that point, but we had the pull down.
Image
gworroll
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:14 am

Postby NarfJones » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:34 pm

Seal of Blood is the horde "equivalent" to Seal of Vengeance.

Im sure there is a post about it somewhere.
User avatar
NarfJones
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 859
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:30 am

Postby Ithus » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:36 pm

Not sure on your raid set up but you could have Md'd one to the what seems to be slacking warrior, whilst picking your target up with some quick Wings and Seal of righteousness action. Well thats what i would have done :)
Ithus
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:25 pm
Location: Newcastle[Uk]

Postby plisken451 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:27 am

Bonus points for reusing a topic...

Went into ZA last night, and the last pull before Nalorakk just tore us up. Didn't have my warlock (so no buff...only 17k hp buffed), or a mage, but the makeup was me, feral OT, 3 healers (priest, tree, pally), and 5 dps (2 rogues, ret pal, 2 hunters).

Our strat on the pull was to separate the bears, ice-trap the axe thrower, and have the rogues stun-lock the shaman until dead. Next, kill the OT's bear, then the axe thrower, then finally my bear. I'd manage to survive only until about half-way through the axe thrower.

Everybody I've talked to about that pull, hates it. The other tankadin says, "these guys make me feel squishy". Another pally healer says, "I can barely keep up". Not really sure where the problem lies. Am I taking too much damage? Healers not able to keep up? DPS too slow? We've been taking down Nightbane for a few weeks, and Prince a few more. More gear farming perhaps?

OTOH, the Eagle gauntlet was cake, and quite a bit of fun. However, I think that the overall raid-wide damage on the eagle boss was too much for my healers to maintain. We used the "listen for the storm" method, which worked flawlessly. A really rough night.
ImageRetired

Mirraluun - Asmodian Chanter - Fregion Server - Eated by hackers
plisken451
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:28 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Postby Tiandelin » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:48 pm

plisken451 wrote:Went into ZA last night, and the last pull before Nalorakk just tore us up. Didn't have my warlock (so no buff...only 17k hp buffed), or a mage, but the makeup was me, feral OT, 3 healers (priest, tree, pally), and 5 dps (2 rogues, ret pal, 2 hunters).

Our strat on the pull was to separate the bears, ice-trap the axe thrower, and have the rogues stun-lock the shaman until dead. Next, kill the OT's bear, then the axe thrower, then finally my bear. I'd manage to survive only until about half-way through the axe thrower.

Everybody I've talked to about that pull, hates it. The other tankadin says, "these guys make me feel squishy". Another pally healer says, "I can barely keep up". Not really sure where the problem lies. Am I taking too much damage? Healers not able to keep up? DPS too slow? We've been taking down Nightbane for a few weeks, and Prince a few more. More gear farming perhaps?


That fight before Nalorakk is probably the worst trash pull in the instance. I strongly advise using whatever CC you can on the other two trolls and killing those bear-riders as quickly as you can, as they are extremely vicious. Be ready for the dismount and stun the bear when it appears to prevent it from putting the crush armor debuff on you. When killing the other bear-rider, be ready to pick up his bear when the rider dismounts.

plisken451 wrote:OTOH, the Eagle gauntlet was cake, and quite a bit of fun. However, I think that the overall raid-wide damage on the eagle boss was too much for my healers to maintain. We used the "listen for the storm" method, which worked flawlessly. A really rough night.


Slightly off-topic, but make sure your raid is spread out enough that you aren't having several people hit by static disruption. The debuff stacks and can result in people taking a lot more damage if they are close together.
Tiandelin - Co-MT of Monolith, Area 52 US
Tiandelin
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:34 am

Postby 2ndNin » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:33 am

On that trash, first two bears:

Use seal of Righteous to pull, then ramp up. Means even a warrior who forgets to taunt should be fine.

On the 2nd pair, do the same thing if you have cc for the trolls, if you don't (and I regularly tank 1 troll + 1 bear) shield for the troll + 2 bears, and have the warrior / other tank taunt, 2 bears and a troll is nasty, 1 bear and 1 troll is pretty easy, though my advice is to kill the troll first as it will reduce the damage you take a lot and make the fight back to something you are used to. IMO always kill the pally tanked bear first, as your consecration should pick up the bear once it spawns, then you can pick up the one from the other tank, too often I have ended up with a bear rider and a bear after the other tank forgot to pick it up.
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
Image
2ndNin
 
Posts: 617
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:53 am
Location: EU-Silvermoon

Next

Return to Zul'aman

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest