Remove Advertisements

Akil'Zon Tactical Preparation

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Akil'Zon Tactical Preparation

Postby Falkor » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:33 pm

First I would like to say that this is my second flash file EVER (the first was for the Bear Boss kill). This is not my area of expertise... all that said I am totally open for suggestions... and of coarse let me know if something does not work...

This file is quite complex and has many elements to keep track of... plus I have been excited to post it for everyone... so there may be some mistakes...

Here is a Link to view it in a raw format (working on learning web design next... then I can give these a home...)

Akil'Zon
Falkor

Postby Vagrant » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:28 pm

It has been decreed that he does Storm on the furthest away player, not the randomest.
Make your navigation arrows to stand out a bit more.
Vagrant

Postby Falkor » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:18 pm

great... I will make those changes... thanks
Falkor

Postby Blaen99 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:01 pm

Vagrant wrote:It has been decreed that he does Storm on the furthest away player, not the randomest.

Heheh.

That was a fun "flame war" and/or "informative discussion", depending on which definition you go with.
Blaen99

Postby Invisusira » Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:02 pm

HUGE AVATAR IS HUGE
Invisusira

Postby Blaen99 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:21 pm

Invisusira wrote:HUGE AVATAR IS HUGE

AS BIG AS TEH BREASTESSSSES, IT IS
Blaen99

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:37 am

Blaen99 wrote:
Invisusira wrote:HUGE AVATAR IS HUGE

AS BIG AS TEH BREASTESSSSES, IT IS

fail avatar is fail
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Falkor » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:34 pm

Vagrant wrote:It has been decreed that he does Storm on the furthest away player, not the randomest.

After many experiments I do not agree with this statement. While you may be able to create a situation where the furthest does get the storm and maybe even regularly, we had one person specifically designated for the storm and was clearly the furthest from Akil'Zon and the person right in front of him (clearly closer...) got the storm. This happened repeatedly and was not just a fluke thing one time.

This is from our personal raid experience. We would like to hear from others regarding their personal raid experience (not what they read... or heard a friend go through...).
Falkor

Postby Dianora » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:59 am

Falkor wrote:

After many experiments I do not agree with this statement. While you may be able to create a situation where the furthest does get the storm and maybe even regularly, we had one person specifically designated for the storm and was clearly the furthest from Akil'Zon and the person right in front of him (clearly closer...) got the storm. This happened repeatedly and was not just a fluke thing one time.

This is from our personal raid experience. We would like to hear from others regarding their personal raid experience (not what they read... or heard a friend go through...).

Yep. We use the collapse method (because we have player with really spotty connection). I got storm called the first time he cast it, and I should be the closest player to him (I was tanking him).
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Lore » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:03 am

I like the collapse method quite a bit, it tends to make bad players play better.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby utena » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:59 pm

Last time I did it, I was thrown up twice in the fight, with a massive threat lead...
utena

Postby Worldie » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:39 pm

I've always thought as well it was done on the player furthest away since when someone forgot to move he always got fired in air, however happened to me as well to be fired in air sometimes while tanking him.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Skrilla » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:08 pm

You can hear the storm coming a couple seconds before it appears. Turn down music and sound all the way, turn up ambience all the way. Keep quiet on vent/ts, once you hear it everyone run to the tank.
Skrilla

Postby Falkor » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:17 pm

Currently we are collapsing upon him about 7 seconds prior to his storm timer is up. This sometimes causes the raid to take damage from the static charge but is WAY better than the storm damage and keeps us DPSing through the storm (well... atleast the Melee can keep at it)

Thanks for the feedback, nice to know I'm not completely crazy :)
Falkor

Postby Base » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:47 am

Anyone fought him since the new patch?

We were there last night and usually one shot him - but for some reason we kept getting screwed by the storm - it would either come 5s before the boss timers said it would or 20 seconds after - by which time he'd aoe'd a couple of squishies.

After about 6 wipes we gave up and moved on (although it wasn't an ideal group we should have been able to do it - cleared to him with 8 min left on the timer).

Anyone else had any strange results on him recently - or did we just suck last night?
Base

Next

Return to Zul'aman