Rate ZA bosses, from Easiest to Hardest with Pally MT?

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Rate ZA bosses, from Easiest to Hardest with Pally MT?

Postby utena » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:30 pm

What do you think is the natural boss progression in ZA, easiest to hardest, taking into account a pally MT?

My raid's background:

The regular group has me as MT, sitting around 19K HP in raid buffs, and an Arms War as OT -- he's also #2 in DPS when not tanking.

DPS is a bit low, sitting around 550-700. No steady hunter in the group.

3 healers, two of them sadly PvP spec'd (priest and druid). The one that pulls up the slack: a Holy Priest with +2K heal and 200 MP/5.

What bosses would be easiest, in general, and particular to my raid composition?

So far, bear is on farm -- we've been trying the Eagle boss, and right now the real problem is just getting the finger wigglers in the back to listen up and collapse when the boss calls down lightning. The healbots also die from the birds. Best we've done is get him down to 15% twice.
utena

Postby SmurfZG » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:34 pm

bear < eagle < dragonhawk = lynx < zul'jin < hexlord

though perhaps it's a clear dragonhawk < lynx.. I'm unsure.. and if you have a melee heavy party eagle gets tougher
SmurfZG

Postby Mahale » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:04 pm

SmurfZG wrote:bear < eagle < dragonhawk = lynx < zul'jin < hexlord

though perhaps it's a clear dragonhawk < lynx.. I'm unsure.. and if you have a melee heavy party eagle gets tougher

honestly I find the lynx easy almost eaiser than the eagle (people don't listen and the timer on the storm can be off so sometimes you sit there and eat chain lighting)

we've only gotten the dragonhawk once but we're not focusing on ZA too much we're working hard on SSC so most of our time goes there ZA is just a thing on the side.
Mahale

Postby SmurfZG » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:19 pm

>_< I've cleared it once.. picked up a nice group of people in the guild who can play, and we beat the instance during the first reset. After that I've only gone a couple of times, because most people in my guild suck, and it shows badly at 10 man instances, so I've been trying to keep away from it... Anyway, we're working on vashj, so all our officially scheduled raids goes there, and za/kara is for offdays.
SmurfZG

Postby Gerilith » Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:48 am

With that composition with the problems you have with the eagle lynx should be easier than eagle.

bear < lynx < eagle < dragonhawk (Dunno...maintanking the boss + adds can be dangerous and let an armswarri maintank him..)
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

Postby Slamdorff » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:22 am

Bear then eagle - then dragonhawk or lynx depending on group combo and what you learn first.

Dragonhawk is very easy for us now (hatch 1. side, kill, hatch 2. side, kill then kill boss) but we can get unlucky on lynx now and then with picking up spirit or a saberlash)

But then I hear from different places that Malacrass is considered harder than ZulJin - it's beyond my comprehension. Is that a general opinion? Cuz then we must be doing something wrong. Pls tell all you who been there:)
Slamdorff

Postby gwayne » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:24 am

Your pvp spec healers might struggle at Lynx. Our healers find it to be seriously mana intensive, and with a off spec OT they are going to be throwing even more heals.

Eagle is probably the easiest boss in my opinion unless you have 3 or more melee dps. He doesn't hit hard and as long as people pay attention there's not really much to the fight. A single healer can keep the tank up, and a druid makes the raid healing easy. I find dying on bear is more likely when you get a bad silence.
Gwayne
<CTSamurai>
Neptulon-EU
gwayne

Postby Gerilith » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:15 am

If there is a hunter available for lynx, this boss is much easier. And yes, Malacrass is harder than Zul'jin, because there are a number of random factors to handle with.
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

Postby SmurfZG » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:34 am

zul'jin is cake compared to malacrass
SmurfZG

Postby Comma » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:45 am

SmurfZG wrote:zul'jin is cake compared to malacrass

I remmember Zul'jin took our other team about 6 hours to down him the first time. :o
Comma

Postby Slamdorff » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:51 am

Funny stuff, how different the same fights go for different people.

We must have been lucky with the Malacrass add composition:)
Slamdorff

Postby Puss » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:09 am

bear < dragonhawk < lynx <eagle < zul'jin < hexlord

they're not all very hard, but the eagle timer being 20 seconds off can make things 'interesting'. Lynx is a matter of having DPS make macro's that nuke the totem and insisting on them to nuke totems. Dragonhawk with paladin tank isn't terribly hard if you do 0.5 side first, then other side ( 2 hatchers will go to 1 side and hatch everything there ) then do the last 0.5 on the last side then nuke boss. Hexlord sucks without a good mix of CC.

-Puss
Puss

Postby Vanifae » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:40 am

My raid just reacts to the storm.

We found reacting instead of early collapse saved more lives.

I would rate Bear, Eagle, Lynx, Dragonhawk, and then the rest since we have not gone to the Hexlord yet.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Questioner » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:09 am

We've been able to get Zul'jin with a varied raid, but we HAVE to stack for Hex Lord. I mean...2 shamans, 3 rogues, 2 paladins, 2 priests and a warrior kind of stacking :/ (We are 6/6 3/4 in T5 content). Reducing the number of possible abilities just makes the fight so much easier. I tank Hex Lord and the warrior uses dps gear to add even more dps.

In theory, eagle should be easiest, but somehow somebody gets the debuff and double punted every other attempt, and there isn't anything we can do about that. Lynx boss everything is predictable.

As far as paladin specific vs warrior tank...I don't think any boss really favors a warrior, but dragonhawk obviously you are better on the hawks.
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Not necessarily accurate: Armory
Questioner

Postby Comma » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:40 am

For our first ZA raid:
Bear (1shot) < Lynx (1shot, but some ppl including one tank died, shieldwall ftw :) :( ) < Eagle (2 or 3 shot) < Dragonhawk (1hour?) </= Hex lord (1hour?) < Zul'jin (1.5hour?)

Now:
Bear < Dragonhawk < Lynx </= Eagle < Hex lord </= Zul'jin
In order of the possible numbers of wipes.
>_>
Comma

Next

Return to Zul'aman