Halazzi : Spirit as focus + captainamerica shield

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby PsiVen » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:56 am

I've always been a big fan of my Tab key.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
User avatar
PsiVen
Moderator
 
Posts: 4364
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:28 pm
Location: On a Boat

Re: Halazzi : Spirit as focus + captainamerica shield

Postby cordelia » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:06 pm

Puss wrote:Hm... I tested this macro yesterday and it didn't work , didn't cast the spell for some reason :

/focus spirit
/cast [target=focus,exists] Avenger's Shield(Rank 5)

Anyone got an idea of what is going wrong ? I don't want to use the taunt rightaway, although it works, it might not be enough to keep it long enough to build aggro on , and then it's on CD.

-Puss


Rank 5??
User avatar
cordelia
 
Posts: 630
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:33 am

Postby Invisusira » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:44 pm

PsiVen wrote:I've always been a big fan of my Tab key.

qft

tab spam + taunt = win
User avatar
Invisusira
Moderator
 
Posts: 9021
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:23 pm
Location: alt-tabbed

Postby Kellann » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:19 pm

I think you've already come up with a solution, but why not:

/focus [target="name"]
/cast [target=focus, exists] Avenger's Shield
/cast [target=focus, exists] Judgement

That's *should* be what was wrong with the initial macro (might have to play with the "name" in some fashion...)
Kellann - Uther
Kellann
 
Posts: 273
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:41 am

Postby Arcand » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:31 pm

Puss wrote:/targetexact Spirit of the Lynx


Beat me to it.

/shakefist
Arcand
Moderator
 
Posts: 4525
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:15 am

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:24 pm

I've had issues with tab. The name plate is active before the spirit is completely phased in, and it sometimes seems like the spirit's off and running before he's completely there; I find it safer to click nameplate -> SoB.

Likewise for the R&J fight in Kara.
Image
User avatar
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 5130
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:58 pm

Postby Dantriges » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:36 am

/target name
/cast judgement

Works fine as OT for me as long as I have Righteousness up and don´t cast it too early. Adding exists would be a nice addition I haven´t thought off.
Dantriges
 
Posts: 1252
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:39 am

Postby Nemi » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:43 am

/tar spirit

spam above, when target is aquired

judge SoB / R , taunt if out of range
Image
Nemi
 
Posts: 190
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:46 am

Postby Berengar » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:50 am

I just tab and taunt - always seems to work fine as long as the rest of the party remember its a transition and there is no reason for them to do anything for 3 seconds.
Berengar
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:36 am

Postby Sthallas » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:58 am

Berengar wrote:I just tab and taunt - always seems to work fine as long as the rest of the party remember its a transition and there is no reason for them to do anything for 3 seconds.

Transition? They should just keep dps on Halazzi anyway.
Sthallas
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:40 pm

Postby jere » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:41 am

Sthallas wrote:
Berengar wrote:I just tab and taunt - always seems to work fine as long as the rest of the party remember its a transition and there is no reason for them to do anything for 3 seconds.

Transition? They should just keep dps on Halazzi anyway.


Actually, you can do either honestly. Our guild has tried both methods with success. We tend to stay on Halazzi himself currently, but we used to dps the lynx down before and it wasn't much different. Either will work well enough.
Image
User avatar
jere
 
Posts: 2992
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 5:12 pm

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:53 pm

Hum, maybe
Code: Select all
/focus [target=Spirit]
/cast [target=focus,exists] Avenger's Shield



?
Image
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
User avatar
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 15547
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:15 am
Location: Thorns

Postby Erutaron » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:18 pm

jere wrote:
Sthallas wrote:
Berengar wrote:I just tab and taunt - always seems to work fine as long as the rest of the party remember its a transition and there is no reason for them to do anything for 3 seconds.

Transition? They should just keep dps on Halazzi anyway.


Actually, you can do either honestly. Our guild has tried both methods with success. We tend to stay on Halazzi himself currently, but we used to dps the lynx down before and it wasn't much different. Either will work well enough.


Yes you can switch to the Spirit, but you will overall loose DPS. Halazzi is already raid debuffed and your best to take advantage of it. Full DPS on Halazzi all the time, just have your OT pick up the spirit and hold him while dps burns thru Halazzi and the totems.
Erutaron
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:51 pm
Location: Blackrock US

Postby jere » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:44 pm

Erutaron wrote:
jere wrote:
Sthallas wrote:
Berengar wrote:I just tab and taunt - always seems to work fine as long as the rest of the party remember its a transition and there is no reason for them to do anything for 3 seconds.

Transition? They should just keep dps on Halazzi anyway.


Actually, you can do either honestly. Our guild has tried both methods with success. We tend to stay on Halazzi himself currently, but we used to dps the lynx down before and it wasn't much different. Either will work well enough.


Yes you can switch to the Spirit, but you will overall loose DPS. Halazzi is already raid debuffed and your best to take advantage of it. Full DPS on Halazzi all the time, just have your OT pick up the spirit and hold him while dps burns thru Halazzi and the totems.


It actually isn't that much different. The cat has less HP which offsets the difference in DPS decently. I agree that staying on Halazzi is faster, but not by that much to matter.
Image
User avatar
jere
 
Posts: 2992
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 5:12 pm

Postby bubblecannon » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:43 pm

Vote 1 Judgement. Perhaps it's the lag we get here in oz, but even with 'V' labels, consecrate spamming at 76/51/26 and tab targetting the second the fooker spawns it's still a little tight. If one of my healers decides to get within 10 yds of the boss I find they still wear a single hit from the ghost.

IMHO Judge / taunt / AS / consecrate spam ftw.

Also popping wings helps a lot too. Usually you can do it for at least two of the stages. If you drop consecrate before it spawns you're getting 30% extra consecrate threat + a 30% increase in threat from the JoR + SoR's..

Hope it helps
bubble
bubblecannon
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:35 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Zul'aman

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest