Remove Advertisements

Akil'Zon Kicking my butt

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby cryst » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:55 pm

Blaen99 wrote:
jere wrote:
Blaen99 wrote:
Can't be. If this where the case, I'd get stormed every time with the strat we use - I'm the furthest away from the group.

Read his post more carefully Blaen, he says "if someone doesn't run to the middle" the storm hits them. He uses the "collapsing on the tank" method. I have already shown the MT getting the storm is very possible and frequent enough in that strategy (and a few others have seen it too). He is using a different strat than your group is.

Ah, yeah, read it a bit more closely.

After analyzing last night's data, I think the storm simply targets the person furthest away from him. Or the 2 people furthest away, chosen randomly. Something like this.

The mechanics somehow work on the people furthest away. As I mentioned, I could semi-reliably manipulate where the storm went, but there was some randomness involved that I can't quite compensate for.

Our guild was able to manipulate the storms via this method. It is important to note that we did not collapse on the boss/tank, and instead formed a V shape from the boss itself.

Another person was targeted for storm twice, however, that same person ran to our designated storm target prematurely and probably surpassed him in distance from the boss by just a bit.

Under these proposed mechanics, if the raid were to collapse on the boss/tank before the storm occurred, then it would not surprise me if the MT was targeted for the storm as the rest of the raid could easily be piled directly on the boss itself while the MT stands a few yards away, due to the decently large hitbox.

While everyone seems to claim that dealing with the storm is easy smeasy, it is arguably easier to control who it targets and just pile up on the same spot every time.
cryst
Maintankadonor

Postby Lumenactio » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:13 pm

Turn your ambient sounds all the way up. Turn everything else down.

When you hear the calm, get everyone to collapse. The storm is coming.

It's really simple. Over thinking it is the downfall.
Lumenactio

Postby Blaen99 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:05 pm

Cryst wrote:
Blaen99 wrote:
jere wrote:
Blaen99 wrote:
Can't be. If this where the case, I'd get stormed every time with the strat we use - I'm the furthest away from the group.

Read his post more carefully Blaen, he says "if someone doesn't run to the middle" the storm hits them. He uses the "collapsing on the tank" method. I have already shown the MT getting the storm is very possible and frequent enough in that strategy (and a few others have seen it too). He is using a different strat than your group is.

Ah, yeah, read it a bit more closely.

After analyzing last night's data, I think the storm simply targets the person furthest away from him. Or the 2 people furthest away, chosen randomly. Something like this.

The mechanics somehow work on the people furthest away. As I mentioned, I could semi-reliably manipulate where the storm went, but there was some randomness involved that I can't quite compensate for.

Our guild was able to manipulate the storms via this method. It is important to note that we did not collapse on the boss/tank, and instead formed a V shape from the boss itself.

Another person was targeted for storm twice, however, that same person ran to our designated storm target prematurely and probably surpassed him in distance from the boss by just a bit.

Under these proposed mechanics, if the raid were to collapse on the boss/tank before the storm occurred, then it would not surprise me if the MT was targeted for the storm as the rest of the raid could easily be piled directly on the boss itself while the MT stands a few yards away, due to the decently large hitbox.

While everyone seems to claim that dealing with the storm is easy smeasy, it is arguably easier to control who it targets and just pile up on the same spot every time.

Verifying it again tonight, and may actually down Eagle tonight because the guild is getting pissed at me on insisting on testing this instead of killing him.

However, I believe this is how the storm works.
Blaen99

Postby Blaen99 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:29 pm

Verified.

Storm hits the furthest away target from the boss.

Note: From the BOSS.
Blaen99

Postby spiky_porcupine » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:58 pm

So wanted to ask what people think about having resis gear for the boss to take less damage? I have some nature resistance gear from hydross tanking, ~200ish buffed and can be uncrittable, but not sure about uncrushable. since he only hits for 2500, crushes wouldn't be as bad as the nature dmg I'd think. Would that be better for tanking Akilzon?
Spikybunny:
Level 70 Draenai Protection Paladin
Spirestone
spiky_porcupine

Postby ehly » Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:00 pm

Cryst wrote:Under these proposed mechanics, if the raid were to collapse on the boss/tank before the storm occurred, then it would not surprise me if the MT was targeted for the storm as the rest of the raid could easily be piled directly on the boss itself while the MT stands a few yards away, due to the decently large hitbox.

We just tank him right in the middle of the square on the floor. The raid just spreads out around box. When the storm is about to hit we all just get inside the box ~half way or so. There more than enough time and a short enough distance that we don't loose anyone to storm anymore. Also far enough apart that a lightning hit before storm isn't too bad. And the tank has never been stormed as they are never furthest from boss.

We noticed the storm-range mechanic some time ago whenever someone didnt notice the storm coming. Once you know what it does and looks like it is fairly easy to manage.
ehly

Postby Ahms » Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:48 pm

Lumenactio wrote:Turn your ambient sounds all the way up. Turn everything else down.

When you hear the calm, get everyone to collapse. The storm is coming.

It's really simple. Over thinking it is the downfall.

This is what we did. It made this fight much, much easier. We had everyone collapse to me, the MT, when our caller said to. He had his sound turned up and called out whenever he heard the sign
Paid by the Alliance
To slay all the giants

-Ahms of Mannoroth

Art - http://ahms.deviantart.com/
Ahms

Previous

Return to Zul'aman