Remove Advertisements

Complete Zul'aman Video Strategy Guide

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Oriax » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:31 am

Once the eggs are all gone they are gone and don't respawn suddenly when boss is at 35%. The Hatchers spawn throughout the fight as long as they're eggs left to hatch

I've done this fight only a few times, and we start with one side, always marking one Hatcher to kill quickly. Then take the other side and aoe those down.
If they decide to go for the same side batch of eggs, I just move along with them, mark one to kill, let the other spawn a few, then aoe

So, by taking each side over the course of the fight will pretty fast enable the whole group to focus on the boss and don't worry about Hatchers/Dragons.
Oriax

Postby Dapaladin » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:25 am

No once you hatch both sides at 35% he does nothing pretty much. As for tanking them i just use w/e gear im wearing they dont hit hard or anything the only attack they hit with really is fire based so BV wont help you.
Dapaladin

Postby Equitas » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:53 am

Really??

On wowwiki it says not to hatch all eggs at once or they will respawn or some shit like that.

Thanks for clearing that up, at least i hope i understand it now oO
Equitas

Postby Aalryn » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:14 pm

Equitas wrote:
On another note, did you just stack mass BV ?

As other's said.. once the eggs are gone, they are gone. I like to pop them all because our dps is quick and I would rather have it be semi-controlled than not.

In these videos I was just wearing my normal gear.

Since these videos I have come to wear a few pieces of fire resist.. just the 4 badge pieces. These hawks hit like pansies. The only thing that REALLY kills us is when we get flame breathed with 80 stacks of flame buffet on. Wearing a few pieces of fire resist removes this problem. I seldom get more than 8 stacks anymore and even if i was to get flame breathed it wouldn't hurt.

Btw we did timed event today again and there are couple of Fixes with new patch.

- you can't skip some Lynx trash jumping from the Barsekers platform anymore
- you have to kill extra lynx swarm and patrol with 2 handlers because of this change

It will add like 1-2 minutes to your run, so be careful if your timer is so-so.

Yea I noticed this too. You can gain some time though if you kill the pack right at the door at the start quickly as you did in your video. go right to the eagle and ignore the pat down there for now. You can shave off some time by doing this. when you finish eagle grab them and drag them to the start of the bear boss event to get those axe throwers coming as you kill them. You can make up the 1 or 2 minutes like this. Also you can mount up right on the platforms instead of running off of them to mount. (I know you probably know this, but as you also know.. every second counts when doing the timed event. We've even wiped on a boss and finished it because we've shaved off so much time)
~insert flashy signature here~

"Error: Armory link not found" ... Tankadin no more
Aalryn

Postby Swagger » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:35 pm

Aalryn fears posting Zul'jin videos.
Swagger

Postby Aalryn » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:46 pm

Swagger wrote:Aalryn fears posting Zul'jin videos.

haha honestly i just forget to load fraps :/ I should have done last week's it was such a clean kill and easy to see.

On an off topic note I just solo'd panther boss in ZG today for the first time (first time I tried). It was REALLY easy, I just almost ran out of shields as I only brought my PLG, normal tank shield & healing shield. I have to fraps it because it's fun to do and watch. You like can't even see me because of all the tigers. All you see is a long list of dodge, block, parry flying by on the side of my screen.

20g in repairs, she drops 36g so it worked out. Dropped a bag for me too, but i just sold it as I have all 20 slotters :/

Aalryn

Postby Warrender » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:55 pm

Aalryn wrote:
Swagger wrote:Aalryn fears posting Zul'jin videos.

haha honestly i just forget to load fraps :/

Lies! You just don't want us to see your super secret strat involving Voodoo Gnomes!
Warrender
Maintankadonor

Postby Equitas » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:23 am

ROFL, Voodoo Gnomes, Best comment EVER, thats sig worthy :D

So i got it right that once the hawks are dead they are dead?
If so clean 1 side first and 1 minute later the other side? because assuming somebody isnt super Duper power ranger purple BT geared as you are, trying on both would be hard or? :)
Equitas

Postby Aalryn » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:30 am

Equitas wrote:So i got it right that once the hawks are dead they are dead?
If so clean 1 side first and 1 minute later the other side? because assuming somebody isnt super Duper power ranger purple BT geared as you are, trying on both would be hard or? :)

yes.. once the eggs are popped, they are popped, no more.

If you are not "super duper power purple geared" like me just pop one side at a time. back up as you spam consecrate and cleanse for agro. (I swear clensing flame buffets helps get agro). If you have fire resist wear it.

If you want to clear both sides, let the guy go to pop the other side.. he'll do it with a quickness. use AW to pick up the other side's eggs and get agro as the aoe'ers are doing their thing.

on a note: did a run today with almost all alts, non raiders, and a few out of guild (including one well geared warrior OT who has never been in the zone before). Failed the mount by 4 minutes inc. 1 wipe due to me pulling 3 packs when i meant to get 2.

edit.. on a completely other note.. somehow my signature is completely messed up. It's showing me, a protection paladin, as a ret spec with healing gear on.... what is the world coming to.

Aalryn

Postby ctyotyler » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:11 pm

Equitas wrote:Really??

On wowwiki it says not to hatch all eggs at once or they will respawn or some shit like that.

Thanks for clearing that up, at least i hope i understand it now oO

I've also heard that if you hatch all the eggs (both sides) at once they will respawn. I haven't seen this but we usually do all the eggs on one side and then next set of hatchers finish off the other side.

Thanks for the video and the advice. We are currently working on getting this timed event down.
Enjoy Life!
ctyotyler

Postby Warrender » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:13 pm

Show us top secret Voodoo Gnome strat now!!!!!!111

:x :x :x
Warrender
Maintankadonor

Postby Invisusira » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:15 pm

Voodoo gnomes > people in AB

true story
Invisusira

Postby Garov » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:42 am

Somehow I fail at basic internet 101.

How can I save these videos to my machine? The best I can do is have it dl a tiny file that's definately not a video. Normally Free Download Manager gives me no issues but on these particular ones I'm stumped. Tried dl'ing it without the download manager and it will only stream the video thru WMV.

BTW even just the one video I saw on Eagle was fantastic. Immediately I had a "duh" moment when you went and pulled 6 (oops you meant 4) on the gauntlet when I normally stick with 2 for some stupid reason. I've been having mana starve issues on this ramp lately and this should help immensely.
Garov

Postby Swagger » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:05 pm

Garov wrote:Somehow I fail at basic internet 101.

How can I save these videos to my machine? The best I can do is have it dl a tiny file that's definately not a video. Normally Free Download Manager gives me no issues but on these particular ones I'm stumped. Tried dl'ing it without the download manager and it will only stream the video thru WMV.

BTW even just the one video I saw on Eagle was fantastic. Immediately I had a "duh" moment when you went and pulled 6 (oops you meant 4) on the gauntlet when I normally stick with 2 for some stupid reason. I've been having mana starve issues on this ramp lately and this should help immensely.

He's done more before. He died. I laughed when he told me!
Swagger

Postby Aalryn » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:43 pm

slanderous... Hush :p

Yes one of the first times we went in there I thought there was only 8 total and pulling them all was a good idea. Well there are 10 and they MS and it was not a good idea.

Aalryn

PreviousNext

Return to Zul'aman