Remove Advertisements

Hex Lord Malacrass

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Thrayn » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:57 pm

My guild has only just recently been able to down Hex Lord (and last night we got Zul'jin, who is far easier to learn IMHO). We kill all the adds before going all out on the boss. A loose add is basically a wipe; we tried to keep 2 or 3 CCed but it seemed one would always break free at some point and it's game over. Too much random chance of failure.

First off, to help with healing, everyone wears a couple of pieces of green shadow resist gear on top of the priest buff, for 130-150 shadow res each.

What we do is CC two of the adds. Feral druid in DPS gear tanks one add as bear. The last add is burned down first. If it's the imp it's trivial as it has no aggro table. If it's not the imp, rogue tanks. Open with cheap shot, when that wears off pop evasion, then work up 5 combo points just as evasion wears off and cheap shot. Gives you about 23 seconds of little to no damage on the rogue for you to burn him down, have dps pop cooldowns and make it happen. Then just follow the bear tank and burn down the adds in succession.

Really, this is a DPS fight. The faster the adds go down the less chance there is for an add to break CC and start killing healers. Then it's just a matter of burning the boss before the healers get overwhelmed. And a couple of:
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=24097
in the raid doesn't hurt either.
Thrayn

Postby moduspwnens » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:13 pm

Use Blessing of Sacrifice on whoever has the lowest HP / comes closest to dying.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Frickit » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:52 pm

Got him to 50% first night trying. Not too many attempts. CoH priest and a shammy and a druid for HoTs and I kept up concentration aura. We downed all the adds np then realized no one had pots left lawl. OOM and wipe.

My ? is how do you guys start the pull? MD? CC pull? or tank pull? That was our only issue.
Frickit

Postby inthedrops » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:55 pm

Frickit wrote:Got him to 50% first night trying. Not too many attempts. CoH priest and a shammy and a druid for HoTs and I kept up concentration aura. We downed all the adds np then realized no one had pots left lawl. OOM and wipe.

My ? is how do you guys start the pull? MD? CC pull? or tank pull? That was our only issue.

It totally depends on your strategy. Generally speaking though I shield pull by targeting the boss and then just go back to the starting side of the room and tank the boss. I trust everyone else to handle their roles and pull the adds off me.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Frickit » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:58 pm

inthedrops wrote:
Frickit wrote:Got him to 50% first night trying. Not too many attempts. CoH priest and a shammy and a druid for HoTs and I kept up concentration aura. We downed all the adds np then realized no one had pots left lawl. OOM and wipe.

It totally depends on your strategy. Generally speaking though I shield pull by targeting the boss and then just go back to the starting side of the room and tank the boss. I trust everyone else to handle their roles and pull the adds off me.

seemed like all the CCers were too far away to do it safely and a warrior is tanking HLM, i took the adds. For some reason our RL didnt want to MD pull he wanted to cc pull but I dont think its possible is it?
Frickit

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:31 pm

Possible, it is. I just don't want the risk of having to pickup stuff instead of it coming right to me.

Strats cover usually a md pull. I've done both md, facepull and shield pull. They all work just fine.
Typically I tank HLM and the warrior/druid offtank tanks the first add to die(or the second, when the first to die is that belf, she dies dpstanked), then all go dps hlm, that I pulled far away so CC would be safe.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby inthedrops » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:34 pm

It sounds like the leader was worried you would die on the pull due to having all the adds on you plus the boss. I wouldn't personally worry as much about that. The boss is a panzy. It's not like the pull on High King Maulgar where one mistake and it's a wipe.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Frickit » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:36 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:Possible, it is. I just don't want the risk of having to pickup stuff instead of it coming right to me.

Strats cover usually a md pull. I've done both md, facepull and shield pull. They all work just fine.
Typically I tank HLM and the warrior/druid offtank tanks the first add to die(or the second, when the first to die is that belf, she dies dpstanked), then all go dps hlm, that I pulled far away so CC would be safe.

Despite being one of the most active tanks and the tank lead and the best geared tank by far aside from a warrior we just picked up (who has slightly more hp than me)...Im on the add. I was also on the pet for FLK with two lesser geared warrios on the boss and hunter. Stupid pally bigotry. When will the pre-TBC crowd learn that we are just better? :x
Frickit

Postby inthedrops » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:39 pm

Frickit wrote:I was also on the pet for FLK with two lesser geared warrios on the boss and hunter.

Sounds to me that you had one tank too many if you had enough to spare a single tank for the pet :)
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:41 pm

Voice yourself.

For HLM, I can't tell for sure if it's still around, but there was(is?) a glitch where he simply resets your threat if you get Forbearance(so no bubble or AW). Never been an issue for me, but just make sure =)
Plus, with a three healer setup...or even a 2healer setup given we WILL be crippled during the only healing intensive part of the fight(gg 35% pushback resist?), a dps tank is more valuable than a healer tank.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Fridmarr » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:06 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:Voice yourself.

For HLM, I can't tell for sure if it's still around, but there was(is?) a glitch where he simply resets your threat if you get Forbearance(so no bubble or AW). Never been an issue for me, but just make sure =)
Plus, with a three healer setup...or even a 2healer setup given we WILL be crippled during the only healing intensive part of the fight(gg 35% pushback resist?), a dps tank is more valuable than a healer tank.

Well if you are going to be healing, you keep everyone topped off before the spirit bolts. When you get to a point where the next round of spirit bolts will be tough to heal through, you bubble so you can heal uninterrupted and not take any damage yourself.

We generally have a 2 healer raid, so our tankadin will help out tanking some of the adds, and then switch to healing.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Frickit » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:38 am

sonofabitch...we were in there last night for our second try with me on HLM. We downed all the adds and were doing fine. I had a ginormous threat lead and all of a sudden he starts ignoring me and killing the raid, I was still on top on omen by a 100 miles. No forbearance? really?
Frickit

Postby GothicPL » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:28 pm

I make sure SoR and HS is up and then shield pull (his aggro range is the same as AS range, so gotta be quick here.)
Nice thing about it is that it will get some initial aggro on a couple of other adds, so they will come to you instead of priest/mage if CC breaks.

I don't consecrate in the initial phase of this fight while DPS downs two adds (we use two down, two CC approach with adds). This way CC is less likely to break. While the two adds are going down, I just keep HS up and judge, HLM stays at full health anyway at this point.
GothicPL

Postby ydraw » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:47 am

Frickit wrote:

sonofabitch...we were in there last night for our second try with me on HLM. We downed all the adds and were doing fine. I had a ginormous threat lead and all of a sudden he starts ignoring me and killing the raid, I was still on top on omen by a 100 miles. No forbearance? really?

This has also happened to our warrior tank.

I think he mind controls you.
ydraw

Previous

Return to Zul'aman