Zul'Jin

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Zul'Jin

Postby Rhî » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:50 am

Hi everybody,

my question is about Phase 5 of the Zul'Jin Encounter. I easily have gotten the threat in Phase 1, 2 and 4. 3 doesn't count, because he has no hatelist there. But at the start of Phase 5 I wasn't able to pick up the initial threat and I have needed very long getting the aggro back.

My doing was the same as in P1, 2 and 4. At the end of the previous phase.
- Holy Shield up
- Switch to Seal of Blood
- Keep GCD free for instant Judgement of Blood
- Consecration

In Addition with the start of Phase 5 Hammer of Wrath was available, so I've used that, too.

But as I've stated, neither I had the aggro from start nor after some seconds of the fight, although I've done damage to him. Finally I got the aggro and nobody died, but I can't understand why he was ignoring me for so long in P5.

Anyone else tanked him and can share his/her impressions?
Rhî

Postby fiorina » Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:36 pm

No problem or difference in phase 5... Maybe RF expired, or BoS on some DPS'ers
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Rhî » Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:34 am

Yes, have done him Friday without any of the described problems. I don't have a clue what I've done wrong wednesday. Really strange.
Rhî

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:48 am

I actually had more threat issues on the Lynx stage because he likes to run around and not hit me. He was out of Consecrate way more often than I would have liked.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Comma » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:04 am

Sabindeus wrote:I actually had more threat issues on the Lynx stage because he likes to run around and not hit me. He was out of Consecrate way more often than I would have liked.

Lucky we have range taunt. :wink:
Comma

Postby SmurfZG » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:06 am

Comma wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:I actually had more threat issues on the Lynx stage because he likes to run around and not hit me. He was out of Consecrate way more often than I would have liked.

yeah, if the boss was tauntable.. which he isn't :P
SmurfZG

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:18 am

SmurfZG wrote:
Comma wrote:

yeah, if the boss was tauntable.. which he isn't :P

^--- this
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Comma » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:39 am

LAWL sorry, thought this thread was talking about the Lynx boss for somereason. :lol:
Comma

Postby Dorvan » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:26 am

Another question for Zul'jin. Has anyone tried him wit less than 2 melee DPS? If so, how did phase 3 go? We've always had at least 2 for him, and I'm a little reluctant to bring less.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Lansky » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:41 am

Dorvan wrote:Another question for Zul'jin. Has anyone tried him wit less than 2 melee DPS? If so, how did phase 3 go? We've always had at least 2 for him, and I'm a little reluctant to bring less.

I've done it with only one melee dps, which was a MS warrior that doubled as the OT. Phase 3 was not too bad, but the entire raid was either T6 mains or super twinked alts (full badge/ZA//T5 gear) so we were able to just let casters DoT him up and nuke a little anyway and heal through it easily.

I'd imagine if your entire raid, or at least most of it, does not outgear the encounter it would be a massive pita, but also entirely doable if people limit tornado damage.
Lansky

Postby Swagger » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:01 am

Had a feral druid be retarded and get locked out on one attempt, so we only had one melee dps. We managed to get him through phase 3, but with only me and a mage alive. Suffice to say it was a wipe :P
Swagger

Postby Aalryn » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:43 am

I have had the same problem with the dragonhawk phase of zul'jin. Right as he switches, i hit him with a shield and judgement, lay down a consecrate and he isn't on me.

Even last night everything was going perfect, then he went to the final phase and all the melee was dead. and i HAD A MISDIRECTION too.

I know when you toss your shield and judge it needs to happen no sooner as they hit that other form or it hits the agro reset, but I agree that sometimes it doesn't work as expected.
~insert flashy signature here~

"Error: Armory link not found" ... Tankadin no more
Aalryn

Postby easttuth » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:32 pm

For phases 2 and 4, our entire raid is standing within a 10 yard radius of one another. Absolutely no reason not to, and it helps immensely with both phases (Mass Dispel in phase 2, and Circle / Chain Healing the random multi-dot in phase 4).

Our Tankadin is usually healing in this fight, but I can imagine the positioning would help with consecrate (and active threat in general) as well, because he's never more than 5 yards from the tank.

ZA is an instance where Blizzard seems to have stressed that "omgspreadout" is not the only, or optimal, positioning for all encounters.
easttuth

Postby Eeva » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:44 pm

Only issues I ever had with a phase change was :

1. I messed up and didnt have a Judge CD up.
2. Someone does a chain heal or some big heal and pull agro.

Both very avoidable.
Eeva

Postby SmurfZG » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:25 pm

Dorvan wrote:Another question for Zul'jin. Has anyone tried him wit less than 2 melee DPS? If so, how did phase 3 go? We've always had at least 2 for him, and I'm a little reluctant to bring less.

We did it with a rogue and a hunter as phys dps... we're at t5 level. Went fine.
SmurfZG

Next

Return to Zul'aman