Remove Advertisements

LAWL TIMES @ Eagle boss

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby amadiss » Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:41 am

Utena wrote:Crushing blows?
What kills us every time: finger wigglers standing way in the back not collapsing on MT in time. Often, they're CC'd in the air and can't get back. Raid doesn't realize -- b/c the person doesn't announce that they're in the air -- and doesn't get to the huge dark black shadow on the ground...

Ok so, if some one is lifeted some seconds before the colapse to MT is supposed to happen, then how do you deal with that?
amadiss

Postby Stylaan » Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:42 am

amadiss wrote:
Utena wrote:Crushing blows?
What kills us every time: finger wigglers standing way in the back not collapsing on MT in time. Often, they're CC'd in the air and can't get back. Raid doesn't realize -- b/c the person doesn't announce that they're in the air -- and doesn't get to the huge dark black shadow on the ground...

Ok so, if some one is lifeted some seconds before the colapse to MT is supposed to happen, then how do you deal with that?

I typically spread the group out in three packs in an arc, our MT is in the middle with our rogue and myself keeping judgements up, then we have two groups of 2 people and 1 group of 3 in an arc around him, if there's an early timer it's going to be 1 of 4 spots (one of the 3 groups or on the MT) so everyone just runs there as fast as they can.
Stylaan

Postby Tiandelin » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:27 am

We've had some success having people just stand around the edge of the rectangle in the center and move inward slightly when the storm is due. The safe zone from the electrical storm is actually quite large, so everyone should only have to take a few steps to avoid dying.

The problem with everyone collapsing onto the boss is that he doesn't always do the storm on time. If everyone is clustered together like that and he uses static disruption, it hits everyone and deals a massive amount of damage. With the raid still spread out slightly, it might hit 2-3 people, but that should be far more manageable.
Tiandelin - Co-MT of Monolith, Area 52 US
Tiandelin

Postby Doriangray » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:37 pm

The "collapse before the storm" strategy never really worked for us. Way too often when we tried, the storm didn't happen for another 10 seconds, and everybody eating the lighting splash = very bad.

What we now do is have everybody spread out along the edge of the slightly elevated rectangle Akil'Zon stand on when you engage him. There's enough space for everybody to find a spot along those 4 lines to be out of range of lightning splashes from the other people (ok, maybe 2 people have to stay close together if you bring very little melee). We don't move until the lightning storm actually hits, but then we move immediately. Most people only take one hit from the lightning storm (which does very little damage) because we're reasonably close together as it is, and everything's fine.
Doriangray

Postby Cyberwaste » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:12 pm

This encounter gives me an excuse to yell at stupids. I like it.

It's fairly easy though.

We just put a raid marker on one of our trees (who should be in the "center" of the semicircle) and stack on them during electrical storm. The funny thing is though, when one of the stupids don't move it's usually them who's lifted up, thus wiping the raid. Dumb luck?
Cyberwaste

Postby Passionario » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:56 am

Cyberwaste wrote:The funny thing is though, when one of the stupids don't move it's usually them who's lifted up, thus wiping the raid. Dumb luck?

There is a theory that he casts ES at the furthest person from him.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Invisusira » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:24 am

Passionario wrote:
Cyberwaste wrote:The funny thing is though, when one of the stupids don't move it's usually them who's lifted up, thus wiping the raid. Dumb luck?

There is a theory that he casts ES at the furthest person from him.

Aye, this is indeed how it works. Well, at least, how I've seen it work every time thus far.
Invisusira

Postby Pizbit » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:40 am

Ahhh, this boss, love him :D
I get to aoe tank trash and then the boss <3.

Anyway, one time a feral druids mum was giving him shit, but we didn't know so we started it and uh, he was on the other side of the gate.
THREE TIMES he tried to cast the storm on the feral druid outside the gate but because he was too far away or something(half way or more to entrance) we never got hit by it, was as if the storm was never cast because his target was out of range.

Honestly the gauntlet is pretty easy, pally runs up to the second set of guards, consecrate, targets a wind walker and calls in AoE/yell at people to take target of target off you, then pick up the next wind walker(they're the healing ones), when it's 50% or so move up to the next pair of guards, pull tempest when you're on last wind walker. Second tank picking up the warriors that run in from the bottom.

Maybe our healers are pretty uber or something, but I never feel at risk of dying on the gauntlet.

We use the '5 second before storm yell on vent' method. Seems to work, only once got owned because the storm was 'late'. Sometimes have to adjust position a little if someone doesn't get in soon enough. If in doubt, tell people to look where the boss is facing and stand on the black spot in front of him. The boss will always look to the black spot.
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Dianora » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:53 am

Bentfork wrote:We also used the strategy for eveyone moving to the tank 7seconds before the storm hits. Problem is that deadly boss mods isnt accurate since the storm happens every 45-60sec according to wowwikki. So, our best attempt we got him to 36% and wiped when we moved in on the tank at the right time according to deadly boss mods, but the storm didnt hit for about 10seconds and we took a chain lightening that killed half of us and wiped the raid. fun stuff wtb no encounters that require luck!

It's an ability that he has to choose to use. If he decided to put up static charge instead, your healer will have fun.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Diocaska » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:26 am

To confirm what has already been said. The Bigwigs warning is for the cooldown, not when he is going to use it. So he can use it anytime after the cooldown is up. So you can stand there a good 10 seconds after before he actually storms.

To avoid any randomness. I raid warning /Move to Platform. This was because we were in the process of setting up guild vent, so not everyone had it.

I would call out to move to platform (raised area) 8 seconds before storm (sometimes I'd let it run down to as little as 6, depending on the server lag on the day). Granted, you could let people move as late as possible. But I guess its just my preference to make sure everyone is sure what they're doing. In future i'll just call it on vent at about 4 seconds before cooldown up.

I call for people to avoid being in range of the tank, and to gather in a semicircle behind the boss.

As soon as the storm has finished. Everyone should fall to positons. Depending on setup, we have a healer North-East-South-West. With ranged taking corners of the raised platforms. (Reason we use 4 healers is because I prefer less melee for less tank statics, and I like keeping our set-up that we use for the whole run).

If someone doesn't get under the storm. Then only one word says it all really. Fail.
Aurellia(90) Ulshala(85) Diocaska(85) Leighesha(85)
Diocaska

Postby DeadlyRabbit » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:34 am

We stopped doing the collapse when the cool down timer was up awhile ago, now we call out the warning 5 seconds before it is up and tell people to move in a bit and be ready. I think one of the reasons it works out better because the storm is always on ranged so healers don't have to move much before and after the storm,and I can always toss a shield during the storm if I feel like it.

I take crushing blows sometimes when I drag him back into position but that doesn't cause any major problems.
DeadlyRabbit

Postby Enkal » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:44 am

You can keep the boss in the same position, you can almost always run back to him when there is about 1½ seconds left on the electric storm. This way the raid can DPS him easily in the same position till he's dead. :)

I've taken a 5.5k hit once or twice that way but it's nothing major.
Enkal

Postby easttuth » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:04 pm

We've been using the "Raid Leader turns Ambiance all the way up and calls All In when he hears the rain start falling" Method. 100% accurate, gives just enough time to collapse. We only eat a max of 1 or 2 static charges per kill.

Especially if you are going for timers (since collapsing allows melee DPS to continue) this is the way to go.
easttuth

Postby Azulito » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:23 am

easttuth wrote:We've been using the "Raid Leader turns Ambiance all the way up and calls All In when he hears the rain start falling" Method. 100% accurate, gives just enough time to collapse. We only eat a max of 1 or 2 static charges per kill.

Especially if you are going for timers (since collapsing allows melee DPS to continue) this is the way to go.

i was about to post this strategy, only everyone should adjust thier volume and do it on thier own, with the RL also yelling in vent.. we've never had any problems on this guy with this method, aside from one time that a ditzy mage stayed out and wiped us.
Azulito

Postby Bevan » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:53 am

Azulito wrote:i was about to post this strategy, only everyone should adjust thier volume and do it on thier own, with the RL also yelling in vent.. we've never had any problems on this guy with this method, aside from one time that a ditzy mage stayed out and wiped us.

This is how we did it tonight, got him down on our fourth attempt on our first night trying him. We tried going by the DBM timer, tried running to whoever got the storm, neither worked. Having everyone turn up their ambient volume and collapse onto me when the sound effect played did. Killed him second try with the method, and I got me a new tanking mace.
Bevan

PreviousNext

Return to Zul'aman