Remove Advertisements

LAWL TIMES @ Eagle boss

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Juliette » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:23 am

Wow, some of the suggestions here are really useful. I tanked him for the first time today but we had a problem with people not moving fast enough for the storm, and dealing with the adds. At the start everyone was just spread around and one person was marked to watch out for the storm spot. I think this caused people to panic.

So if we just all collapse onto me, it will be much easier, and melee don't have to move to DPS the boss. I cannot wait to try that on Thursday.

While we are on the subject, any easy or efficient ways to deal with the adds? Is a Seed of Corruption enough? How much +Spell Damage is enough? We don't have a Shaman and thus no Chained Lightning.
Juliette

Postby adese » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:46 am

Juliette wrote:While we are on the subject, any easy or efficient ways to deal with the adds? Is a Seed of Corruption enough? How much +Spell Damage is enough? We don't have a Shaman and thus no Chained Lightning.

While we have had a shaman for this boss, he's resto, so he's too busy healing to be casting Chain Lightning.

We handled the adds by calling for AoE when everyone was grouped up on the boss. We have done it both with and without a lock, when we didn't have a lock we had two mages (I think). More than 1 AoE-er would be nice, I think...but is probably doable with only one.
adese

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:42 am

adese wrote:
Juliette wrote:While we are on the subject, any easy or efficient ways to deal with the adds? Is a Seed of Corruption enough? How much +Spell Damage is enough? We don't have a Shaman and thus no Chained Lightning.

While we have had a shaman for this boss, he's resto, so he's too busy healing to be casting Chain Lightning.

We handled the adds by calling for AoE when everyone was grouped up on the boss. We have done it both with and without a lock, when we didn't have a lock we had two mages (I think). More than 1 AoE-er would be nice, I think...but is probably doable with only one.

A warlock with 800+ Shadow damage can just spamcurse adds with agony and corruption, did the trick with me.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby DeadlyRabbit » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:25 am

We would have had this fight but after checking the wow web stats info I found that the paly tank was getting hit for crushing blows of 5-6k, we did a few attempts and it showed 32 crushing blows.

I was calling out the lightning storm cool down because I have bigwigs installed, a few people were saying how the timer seemed off until I explained that bigwigs labels it as a "cool down timer" not a exact time like abilities to other bosses. It seems to hit within the first 10 seconds after the cool down is done.

I think if everyone had bigwigs or DBM the fight would be much easier to make sure that nobody is too close together to get hit by a chain lightning ark.

The respawns down come fast in this fight too, and you have to clear the full gauntlet when the guy on the steps respawns because the adds that attack from behind will be coming from the start.
DeadlyRabbit

Postby SmurfZG » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:38 am

32 crushing blows <_> fail
SmurfZG

Postby Balls » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:49 am

SmurfZG wrote:32 crushing blows <_> fail
Balls

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:09 am

Meh, I'm at the point where, if I get crushed, I don't give a shit.

Honestly on the two bosses that can crush, Dragonhawk and Eagle, they hit soft enough that it doesn't even bother me... especially given all the elemental damage you take.

When I'm having mana issues even with JoW up and fighting to stay ahead of Shadow Priest threat... eating a crush doesn't feel like a big deal.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Dorvan » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:11 am

....but there's no reason to allow yourself to be crushed. You're making like harder on your healers, and for what gain? Not to mention you're losing a fair bit of Holy Shield threat.
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Balls » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:15 am

Sabindeus wrote:Meh, I'm at the point where, if I get crushed, I don't give a shit.

Honestly on the two bosses that can crush, Dragonhawk and Eagle, they hit soft enough that it doesn't even bother me... especially given all the elemental damage you take.

When I'm having mana issues even with JoW up and fighting to stay ahead of Shadow Priest threat... eating a crush doesn't feel like a big deal.

Dragonhawk hits soft? Are you kidding me? That enrage timer goes off at around 35% if your damage is decent and my guild MT gets wtfpwned when he gets an unlucky string of crushes after shield block is down. You shouldn't be MTing any raid if they can get a crush on you.
Balls

Postby utena » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:02 pm

Crushing blows?

"You are not prepared!"

Tanked the bear boss first time last night and wtfpwned. Went to eagle... ouch, 70G rep bill.

What kills us every time: finger wigglers standing way in the back not collapsing on MT in time. Often, they're CC'd in the air and can't get back. Raid doesn't realize -- b/c the person doesn't announce that they're in the air -- and doesn't get to the huge dark black shadow on the ground...

It's like learning to dance, and everyone is deaf, with two left feet.
utena

Re: LAWL TIMES @ Eagle boss

Postby Myotis » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:56 pm

Invisusira wrote:Soooo one of our hunters gets "locked out" when I pull the Eagle boss - he's outside the fence and can't get in. First thunderstorm comes up... it's him. We can't get to him because he's outside the fence!

DEATH

Happened to us the night ZA came out. Only...our "hunter" was ME :P
Myotis

Postby Juliette » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:23 pm

So is this 'stuck outside the gate' thing a bug, or due to people not standing in close enough before the fight is engaged? On one of my attempts, we had as much as 3 people outside, 2 a healer, lol. Is it safe to all position ourselves at the top of the stairs ahead of the gate, but without aggroing the boss?
Juliette

Postby Balls » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:41 pm

Juliette wrote:So is this 'stuck outside the gate' thing a bug, or due to people not standing in close enough before the fight is engaged? On one of my attempts, we had as much as 3 people outside, 2 a healer, lol. Is it safe to all position ourselves at the top of the stairs ahead of the gate, but without aggroing the boss?

Its not a bug, its like the door to Aran closing when he's engaged and nobody being able to go in or out.

But yeah you can keep the raid in on the platform just past the 'doorway' and you're good.
Balls

Postby Enkal » Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:47 am

I've actually found his aggro range to quite low. Alot less than 30 yards at least.
Enkal

Postby Invisusira » Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:01 am

Yep, he has a decently small aggro range - you can shield him and he won't charge you until it hits him.

I just say "Okay, everyone come up on the smiley face rock when you're readys."
Invisusira

PreviousNext

Return to Zul'aman