Remove Advertisements

LAWL TIMES @ Eagle boss

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Dorvan » Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:53 pm

Worldie wrote:
Sielanas wrote:Electrical Storm is the new Deep Breath.

Fixed.

Well, the Eagle Boss is definitely Electrical Storming more than he was last patch :P
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Eloff » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:26 am

right as he's gonna cast it, dogpile the boss. then the person with the storm will be right there, and everyone will already be under it.

This has the added benefit of allowing your melee dps to continue kicking butt. Absolutely the best way to do it.

Also, if you are having trouble healing on this boss, stacking just a bit of nature resist really cuts down on the damage you take. I healed for this fight, but swap'd out a few of my Hydross nature pieces and had the hunter nature resist buff. I think I took about 40-50% less nature damage with only 192 buffed resist.
"With your shield or on it" - Spartan Code of Conduct

Eloff

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:23 am

We also had lag spikes... this was amazingly tragic. We got him to 6%... and then the server lagged for a good 25 seconds. When it started back up he immediately did an elec storm and pwned us. It was sad. But we got him the next time.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby heldrath » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:51 pm

Does anyone have a suggestion for a good boss mod that will warn you before the electrical storm appears? We were using one last night that just was totally off, and wouldn't warn us until after the storm. Kinda screwed us up. Have you guys found an accurate one?
--
Heldrath, Tankadin
Ani Ayastigi, Argent Dawn
heldrath

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:13 pm

heldrath wrote:Does anyone have a suggestion for a good boss mod that will warn you before the electrical storm appears? We were using one last night that just was totally off, and wouldn't warn us until after the storm. Kinda screwed us up. Have you guys found an accurate one?

Second this request... Deadly Boss Mods doesn't seem to cut it.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Dorvan » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:15 pm

DBM was working fine for us, I think the electrical storm sometimes came 1-2 seconds after the timer said it would, but if you're expecting it any second the giant beam shooting out of the bosses hands is a pretty big clue ;)
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Enkal » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:41 pm

Damn, the Eagle boss handed our asses to us tonite. A few wipes was because our tree druid didnt move when the storm came. Most other wipes was because of the chain lightnings when we piled on the tank waiting for the storm.

Any suggestions on how to deal with it?
Enkal

Postby Invisusira » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:06 pm

Deadly Boss Mod worked just fine for us.

Spread out until it says "elecritcal storm soon" and then everyone collapses on me.
Invisusira

Postby Comma » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:07 pm

First we spread out, then gather up when he's about to storm.
Comma

Postby Enkal » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:27 am

Yea that's what we did, but sometimes the timers were so off that the raid had to pile on the tank for ages. :/
Enkal

Postby Bentfork » Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:09 am

We also used the strategy for eveyone moving to the tank 7seconds before the storm hits. Problem is that deadly boss mods isnt accurate since the storm happens every 45-60sec according to wowwikki. So, our best attempt we got him to 36% and wiped when we moved in on the tank at the right time according to deadly boss mods, but the storm didnt hit for about 10seconds and we took a chain lightening that killed half of us and wiped the raid. fun stuff wtb no encounters that require luck!
- the Fork
Bentfork

Postby Enkal » Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:21 am

We changed tactics now to ppl moving to the black spot on the ground. It went ok as long as ppl actually moved when they saw the huge purple lightingbolt.

Now it seems the birdies are killing us, we couldnt take him below 50% (different people from last night). :(

Annoying as hell it is.
Enkal

Postby Zhalseran » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:29 am

The timing on the electrical storm seems very random. Sometimes your sitting on the tanks for like 10+ seconds eating chain lightnings, sometimes the storm starts before everyone has a chance to collapse.

All I can say though, is that in the end of the day, my Rogue loves his new uglysword =)
Zhalseran

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:56 am

Well I have run this with two groups. One successful on my tankadin, and one horrible wipetacular on my shadow priest. The problem we have with the mods on my second group is that if he does it a bit late, and we eat an AoE shock, it more or less kills a healer every time. We've never had an attempt where everyone was completely topped off when we had to collapse, and our group has like no stamina. My main's group doesn't have this problem due to superior gear. So yeah.

I think the issue is most DPS and Healers tend to look at Stamina as a useless stat as opposed to something they actively want to stack. So my take on it is it's easy to blame the mods when the real problem is people being undergeared.
Sabindeus

Postby SmurfZG » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:26 am

Like someone said, the storm has a cooldown of 45 seconds, and then you can't be quite sure when he's going to actually cast the storm. Completely gay piling right after the CD is off is very risky, as you might have to stay there for 15 seconds.

My group just moves closer to the boss, the aoe might hit a couple of people, but it's not the same as when 10 people gets hit by it. When he does the storm everyone is within reach and there's no problem with getting beneath the cloud in time, before anyone takes damage from it.
SmurfZG

PreviousNext

Return to Zul'aman