ZA obersvation

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

ZA obersvation

Postby honorshammer » Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:14 am

One of the most fun things about ZA is it's so new there aren't dozen of sites with perfect strats and videos and raid layout diagrams.

Each pull we had to think and strategize our way through not really knowing what was coming at us.

That was fun. The 60g repair bill was a bit tough to swallow, but man I haven't had fun like that in a long time.
honorshammer

Postby Vanifae » Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:13 am

I concur with this it was a blast last night.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Comma » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:09 pm

I have 1fps everytime I engage a boss, which pissed me off...
Comma

Postby Vanifae » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:15 pm

:( yeah my frames dropped from 60 to about 46-50, and I am not sure why.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby YoYoMa » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:19 pm

yep, we had one of the best nights we've had in a long time last night in ZA. Just a ton of fun. Chatting, figuring out the pulls (damn those stupid drum beater guys on the way to that dragonhawk boss), and just exploring. We actually got lost two times looking for a boss haha. Excellent fun!!!
YoYoMa

Postby Dorvan » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:23 pm

YoYoMa wrote:damn those stupid drum beater guys on the way to that dragonhawk boss

QFT...it's not too bad, but the Dragonhawk trash is definitely the most annoying (through the first 4 bosses at least, which is what I've seen). It doesn't help when you have people that can't understand "don't run back by yourself" after a wipe :P
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Melathys » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:26 pm

concur

except we have this one guy.. we'll discuss pulls and strats..."ok, ready? lets go"... this guy says hold on, and proceeds to outline the whole strat again. Repeat this process ad infinitum, lol... it was a long night.
Melathys

Postby YoYoMa » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:41 pm

Dorvan wrote:It doesn't help when you have people that can't understand "don't run back by yourself" after a wipe :P
double QFT. This happened like 3 times before people realized we need to go as a group. At first we figured the summoning was just part of the pull till we realized it never ended. We left the guy up while we took out adds. hahah. Once you figure them out it's easy but it was pretty funny when we were sitting there killing one set and up behind us comes running another guy beating the drum and repeat that cycle like 5 times. We were cracking up... when will the insanity end???
YoYoMa

Postby Kaelie » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:20 pm

We didn't make it past the warbringers to even try Nalorakk, but it was tons of fun anyway. I've been so used to Kara it's weird being able to sheep in a raid. And the surprise is simply awesome; "WTF, he's immune to everything? Oh, someone smack that damn totem," etc.

I'm looking forward to trying again this weekend with a group that can actually clear Karazhan and doesn't have healers that are half asleep.
Kaelie

Postby Drfeelgood » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:39 pm

YoYoMa wrote:yep, we had one of the best nights we've had in a long time last night in ZA. Just a ton of fun. Chatting, figuring out the pulls (damn those stupid drum beater guys on the way to that dragonhawk boss), and just exploring. We actually got lost two times looking for a boss haha. Excellent fun!!!

The scouts before dragonhawk were certainly annoying but once we got a good stun rotation going, it was no big deal. Plus you can skip like half the trash leading up to that boss. I found the trash leading to lynx boss to be the stupidest. We cleared stuff that wasn't required so it ended up taking forever to clear to him. First night in and we got 5/6 down, I'm pretty happy about that.
Drfeelgood

Postby Claydon » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:48 am

Comma wrote:I have 1fps everytime I engage a boss, which pissed me off...

I know i got a warning saying my graphics settings had been reset to default, could thins be something to do with it ?
Claydon

Postby adese » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:30 am

Claydon wrote:
Comma wrote:I have 1fps everytime I engage a boss, which pissed me off...

I know i got a warning saying my graphics settings had been reset to default, could thins be something to do with it ?

My guild had lots of FPS issues in our SSC raid on Tuesday, but last night in ZA I didn't hear about any problems. One of my guildies would log between trash pulls and disable/enable addons until he found the problem - in his case it turned out to be Bongos.

I don't use Bongos, but I had a really horrible framerate during Hydross. I turned off Spectral Lighting, and that seemed to help (granted, this would be based on your video card (I have a Radeon 9800 XT I think)).

So, update your addons and mess with your video settings, that might help.
adese

Postby Comma » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:32 am

Appreciated, however, I found out the problem, and yes, its the Bongos! Untick the option "show casted buffs and debuffs", then its fixed!
Comma

Return to Zul'aman