Remove Advertisements

Eagle trash

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Questioner » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:55 am

Vagrant wrote:Fun thing to get an early advantage in the fight:
Have a priest start the event by Mind Controlling the Lookout while you advance the first pulls.

That's gotta be a bug! :D

We had another bug last night, too...well maybe it wasn't a bug, but the tempest respawned while we were waiting for an afk mage (6 sub 10% wipes suck). So we killed the Tempest. However when we pulled the boss the rest of the gauntlet came. Ok, fine, wipe clear trash...except the lookout was despawned because we had killed the Tempest.

Last night, to the dismay of my raid leader...who was cheering at the end, decided I was going to pull 6, and when the healers were dead, I would pull the Tempest.

Worked like a charm, gauntlet done in ~4 minutes.
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Not necessarily accurate: Armory
Questioner

Postby Xanatos » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:25 am

Is it possible for a prot pally (you) to hold the adds while a 2-man team of warr+healer run forward to engage the last mob on the stairs to stop respawns?
Xanatos

Postby Comma » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:55 am

I think you can if you have the gear, but not really need to be that rush.
Comma

Postby Swagger » Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:44 pm

Ulushnar wrote:We did this trash several times last night. The best strategy seemed to be me taking the front and aoe-tanking the stuff there with our Prot Warrior picking up the adds from behind. You have to keep moving though, or your healers will go oom.

Same way I did, it worked like a charm. I even did the gauntlet once with salv on (lol for not noticing)
Swagger

Postby Rasmfrackn » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:51 am

Questioner wrote:
Vagrant wrote:Fun thing to get an early advantage in the fight:
Have a priest start the event by Mind Controlling the Lookout while you advance the first pulls.

That's gotta be a bug! :D

We had another bug last night, too...well maybe it wasn't a bug, but the tempest respawned while we were waiting for an afk mage (6 sub 10% wipes suck). So we killed the Tempest. However when we pulled the boss the rest of the gauntlet came. Ok, fine, wipe clear trash...except the lookout was despawned because we had killed the Tempest.

Last night, to the dismay of my raid leader...who was cheering at the end, decided I was going to pull 6, and when the healers were dead, I would pull the Tempest.

Worked like a charm, gauntlet done in ~4 minutes.

I've also heard that sapping the lookout repeatedly works for bypassing the gauntlet aspect of the fight, for what that's worth.

We've only gone to akil once so far, but we managed to bug out the gauntlet by accident. We were waiting for someone afk before starting up the hill, and someone got too close to the lookout, who ran off. We were all just standing outside the gate, though, so a pair of trolls spawned in on top of us, and immediately despawned again. 5 minutes later when our AFK came back... no gauntlet, just 2-pulls all the way up.

Now, we were already off the event timer due to some problems on nalorakk, and obviously this wouldn't be viable if you're trying to keep up with the timer.
Rasmfrackn
Dwarf Paladin
Icecrown Server
Eng/Scribe/Masochist
Rasmfrackn

Postby Juliette » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:58 pm

I was put on add duty today to pick up the 2 Warriors coming up behind us. The thing is, NONE came, lol. No eagles appeared too. I think this was a bug, but no-one complained :) So basically I had absolutely nothing to do other than dance and sit
Juliette

Postby utena » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:35 am

I cleared the gauntlet a few times tonight -- first try even (after a false start -- person in front didn't know the lookout was gonna run off and trigger the event).

Prot war tanks the 2 elites on the stairs -- healer first.

I lay down the consecrate when I see the birds coming down the stairs.

Salve the healers. Seal/Judge wisdom for yourself.

Raid focus on the elites, except for me on adds, with one healer assigned to me.

I walk backwards up the stairs, aoeing on top of the elite. When the elites are dropped, the raid moves forward, I move forward. For the two backspawns, I will run down or taunt them u to me, and pull them up to the rest of the raid. If mobs start to pile up, I ask the lock to drop a seed.

Easy as pie. No deaths, and a painless, fun clear.
utena

Postby SmurfZG » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:25 am

I just tanked everything. Killed the caster mob before moving on, and then when we were at the top we just aoed everything else down. Birds, warriors and the guys from behind. Easy as pie!
SmurfZG

Postby wrathblood » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:45 am

Ah, this thread has been very helpful. We tried running the gauntlet last night to get past it, and by running, I mean RUNNING. I ran up the hill, consecrating as I went, and only turning around to back my way up after the second pair of elites.

About the time I hit the first elites, we had the holy pally BoP a hunter who quickly ran up the hill and hit the Tempest with a distracting shot misdirected onto the Feral Druid OT (and then FD'ed himself) to get him aggroed and stop the waves on from spawning. The rest of the raid was following behind, healing me and they started AoEing when I got to the top of the hill.

While the plan was successful in minimizing the number of waves we faced (I can't recall now whether there was even a second wave of spawns or just one), but the flaw in the plan should have been obvious. While I'm a good tank, simultaneously tanking all 10 elites plus all of the various waves of spawns was a pretty tall order.
wrathblood

Postby Larya » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:05 pm

did this boss a few hours ago..

i pulled 2 mobs - we killed the caster and then i pulled the next 2 mobs.

try to put the little eagles into a consecration and let them bomb by a mage or wl.
the mobs who came from behind were tanked by the warrior that we had in our grp!
Larya

Postby Zhalseran » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:01 pm

Has anyone experienced a bug where elites respawn on top of you? First time my guild did the gauntlet that happend to us. We cleared all the elite pairs and were about to send a tank to grab the tempest while we cleared the remaining adds, when suddenly the last 2 pairs of elites respawned right on top of us. We managed to survive it, but it was really weird.
Zhalseran

Postby fuzzygeek » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:12 pm

Larya wrote:did this boss a few hours ago..

i pulled 2 mobs - we killed the caster and then i pulled the next 2 mobs.

try to put the little eagles into a consecration and let them bomb by a mage or wl.
the mobs who came from behind were tanked by the warrior that we had in our grp!

This is basically what I do; once one elite is dead go grab two more; stop pulling when you have 3-4 elites on you; reduce to 1, then keep pulling.

My groups tend to be very AOE centric (two mages and a lock last night when we beat the first two timers and missed the 3rd by a minute).
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Lumenactio » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:40 pm

We rush it.

Stick a symbol on my head. Everyone stands on top of me.

I pull 1 add. Other tank gets the other.

I consecrate. Soon as 1 set mob is dead, we get the next two. DPS finishes off my set mob. I keep consecrating and all the spawn adds stick to me.

Primary target. Next group. My target. Primary Target. Next group. My Target.

So on and so forth. We don't bother AoEing until the end. We found that if we start AoEing and new mobs appear, the AoE is too likely to die and they had issues stopping when the new mobs appeared.

Once the last mob is engaged... then we AoE.

I wear BV gear, I think around 600ish.

We don't stop till the top. I think it takes us just under 4 min.
Lumenactio

Postby Comma » Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:59 pm

Zhalseran wrote:Has anyone experienced a bug where elites respawn on top of you? First time my guild did the gauntlet that happend to us. We cleared all the elite pairs and were about to send a tank to grab the tempest while we cleared the remaining adds, when suddenly the last 2 pairs of elites respawned right on top of us. We managed to survive it, but it was really weird.

Yeh, this happened to us on last weekend, we cleared everything, then once we engage boss, the tempest respawned and brought few elites coming into raid and zerged healers down right away. We did the trash just in normal way as usual, no mc no sap on lookout, nothing.
Comma

Postby dunnark » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:45 pm

So after downing Bear Boss my guild moved onto Eagle for the 1st time, but we were not able to get past the gauntlet trash. Our make up was 3 healers, a feral druid and I tanking, and the rest dps. We just couldn't get the right pace for this, but we only tried a few times.

Here's some results for us:

Strat 1 - Full Bubble Rush.

This was the strat I was so hoping would work, because it would be a big win for prot paladins. I bubbled, got on my horse and ran right up to the tempest and engaged him. Everybody else followed up and engaged right after I had most everything in a consecrate and my bubble was down. Result: Too much damage for me to take, even with 3 healers on me. But damn was it fun.

Strat 2 - AoE Tank up front, Druid in the back.

We tried to take it much slower, with me up front and the druid in the back. Among other problems, I just couldn't keep enough mana to make this work and keep stuff off everybody. I think next time we'll switch with me aoeing in the back/middle.

Strat 3 - Tanks up front, CC stuff in the back

This is actually the first strat we tried, but it was way too slow. We just got overwhelmed with adds.

You all have given me some interesting ideas with 3 tanks, but unfortunately I can't count on that being our regular set up. I am usually paired with a prot warrior or a feral druid and not as often both. Please keep the posts coming with your success and ideas for this section.
dunnark

PreviousNext

Return to Zul'aman