Eagle trash

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Eagle trash

Postby Comma » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:00 am

The trash mobs which leads to the eagle boss, start with a Lookout, followed by 4 casters, 4 warriors on the ramp, then 2 guards, and a tempest, eagles are summoned now and then.

I havnt cleared them, just tried a few times, then the raid disbanded. :( What I want to know is, does anyone know how to do these trash? Clear all the way up and kill the tempest ASAP to stop them spawning eagles?
Comma

Postby Mouse » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:04 am

I only did it once on the ptr, we had a prot war and myself tanking, but also had a feral druid in cat. So the druid and the war took the adds up front and I consecrated in the raid, picking up the extra humans and eagles, seemed to work ok, but of course someone had to go (yay ptr pugs) so we didnt get to finish. SOrry I wasnt much help!
Qapla <Attrition> Cho'Gall
80 Tank DK

EnsgnBlack <Attrition> Cho'Gall
80 BE Prot Pally
Mouse

Postby Coldaan » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:55 am

did it several times on PTR, also with prot-pala, def-warri & feral. Warrior & Feral take the mobs on the way up. I concecrate when Birds are coming & I also took care of the 2 Adds that come in from below. Worked alright.

don't make the mistake of getting in a hurry, you have all the time it needs. just kill the mobs waiting on the way up, then go to the next pack.
Coldaan

Postby Comma » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:18 am

Thanks anyway Mouse. :)

Coldaan wrote:did it several times on PTR, also with prot-pala, def-warri & feral. Warrior & Feral take the mobs on the way up. I concecrate when Birds are coming & I also took care of the 2 Adds that come in from below. Worked alright.

don't make the mistake of getting in a hurry, you have all the time it needs. just kill the mobs waiting on the way up, then go to the next pack.

Ah, yeh, just reminded me, it summons some elite melee mobs as well. :)

I was under the impression, the DPS couldnt kill the mobs fast enough, which made me think that we need to rush.

Did you have to kill the last mob which is named ... tempest so the Outlook stops summoning eagles? and then the raid can rest, and get prepared for eagle?

Also, if we only have 2 tanks, is it possible to just have 1 tank on the casters and let dps focus fire them one by one(which summon totems and heal as well I think), and me (paly tank) tank all the melees? as they dont seem to hit hard. then AOE all of them at the end?
Comma

Postby Coldaan » Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:55 am

yeah if you kill (or just attack, don't know actually^^) the last mob waiting at the stairs, the adds stop spawning.

is it possible to tank all the melees there? i'd say that depends on your gear and on your healers, but i found 2 waves of trolls from below plus eagles to be still ok for tanking.
Coldaan

Postby Worldie » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:00 am

On the PTR we had me aoetanking everything, we AoEd the eagles everytime, and killed the packs 1 by 1 while i was tanking the rest.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Tekkel » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:45 am

Yeh did it once on the ptr. Druid picking up both adds in the back with me pulling everything in front+eagles. Went quite smooth although it required some mana pot usage. There was no time to drink rly.
Tekkel

Postby Omatre » Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:18 am

Did it last night on live.

The key to the trash, KEEP MOVING.

If you take them in stages, you have to keep moving. As otherwise the ones incoming from the backside, pack up.

The elites do not hit hard, Just spam consecrate and have your AOE classes AOE as fast as they can to keep the raid moving up the ramp.

i.e. you consecrate, grab some birds, let the lock immediately seed em, a few birds will probably go to him if he only seeds 1, so have him seed 2, and the birds will probably die at that point.

It took some messing around to figure it all out, but get up there, and get the guy on the stairs dead as quickly as you can, or the waves just keep coming.

2 Prot paladins would trivialize that. We had a holy pally just start consecrate spamming after me in case birds got past me. That helps too, as neither the birds, nor the elites hit for crap
Omatre

Postby Comma » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:08 pm

Just did these tonight, we killed them slowly, I drank 2 mana pots, the healers are quite geared though, all T5+.
Comma

Postby Neuron » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:27 pm

I suggest bringing mana pots. You keep running forward while the other tank grabs stuff from behind. Basically just keep walking backwards spamming consecrate till a mage frost novas.

There is no need to "stop" and kill each wave, just keep going and chug a few pots. If you are kara geared this should be possible to just keep moving till you reach the guy at the end when everything stops spawning.
http://www.ardentdefender.com - A combat log parsing API
Neuron

Postby Splug » Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:04 pm

I saw pretty much the same thing Worldie and a few others have said. We had a pair of fury warriors with us ready to pick up loose mobs, but pretty much everyone just stood in the consecrates and it all stuck to me well enough. As long as you're careful about facing everything (since the adds come from two directions) the damage isn't too bad. We played it by moving to each static group, consecrate -> Sweeping strikes/AE it all down, and then moving up to the next one right away. And it does seem that as soon as you agro the tempest, the waves stop spawning.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby bubleherth » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:04 am

this area right here makes guilds love us imo

the way we did it was warrior mt me ot and feral druid dps/ot where holding the mobs

i would pull the first one on the left tank that one and let everyone nuke the warriors target. after that i stayed infront of the raid grabbing the eagles and taunting the warriors as they came up from behind.

shoulda taken a ss but somewhere around 4 elites with unknown eagles beating on me

the raid killed the side groups as we moved forward left the eagles and everything on me till the tempest died
bubleherth

Postby mconeone » Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:14 am

Here's a quick tip on eagle trash respawns:

Try and use wipe protection on this fight if you're getting close to the 30(?) minute trash respawn timer. As long as you can get a couple people up (including you) before you engage you can take out the tempest and an eagle group in 1 pull, then clear backwards with the luxury of not having to deal with the waves.
mconeone

Postby ulushnar » Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:21 am

We did this trash several times last night. The best strategy seemed to be me taking the front and aoe-tanking the stuff there with our Prot Warrior picking up the adds from behind. You have to keep moving though, or your healers will go oom.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Vagrant » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:03 am

Fun thing to get an early advantage in the fight:
Have a priest start the event by Mind Controlling the Lookout while you advance the first pulls.
Vagrant

Next

Return to Zul'aman