Remove Advertisements

Bear Boss Trash

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Lore » Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:03 am

Lansky wrote:Tranq will lower the damage of any mob that frenzies/enrages that blizzard codes tranq to remove heh. I'd be a little surprised if they were still coding mobs that abilities tranq helped with.

Tranq actually works on the Lynx boss :P
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Vanifae » Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:07 am

Lore wrote:
Lansky wrote:Tranq will lower the damage of any mob that frenzies/enrages that blizzard codes tranq to remove heh. I'd be a little surprised if they were still coding mobs that abilities tranq helped with.

Tranq actually works on the Lynx boss :P

Yes, yes it does.

The killing Frenzy hurts worse then Phase 2 Prince.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Kaelie » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:24 pm

Letting us see the buffs without having to remember to cast Detect on everything is nice. I was on vent yelling for a tranq shot on the bear for a good 20 seconds before the hunter figured out why, remembered he had it, and actually shot the damn thing.
Kaelie

Postby brast » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:57 pm

So has it been verified that tranq shot works on the bears?

It just seems that there is way too much damage coming in than is appropriate. When someone like HH who is at the right gear level for the fight has to resort to kiting tricks, it makes me think I'm missing the correct strat somewhere. The actual boss is much easier than that last pull of trash.
brast

Postby Kaelie » Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:07 pm

When the warbringers dismount, the bears get the buff "Frenzy" and Tranquilizing shot removes it. I can verify that much, but don't want to generalize it with one night of trash wipes as my experience.
Kaelie

Postby Sunspear » Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:01 am

One thing i could say about the trash:

bring a rogue
Most of the trash is stunnable and that is really very useful for dps and control. Especially during the shouts of the bear riders, having them stunned does wonders for tanking and spike damage.
Sunspear

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:40 am

Ah, the bear riders are stunnable? Good to know.

We did wipe on them once, but it wasn't that bad once we started using an OT.

Basically we started out with me tanking both... that caused me to die with their buff.

Then we had our Druid tank one away from me, and that worked fine.

We did it with 2 healers though. Your mileage may vary I guess.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Belphegor » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:38 pm

quote="Honorshammer"]

What we ended up doing was this

Me on one Bear Rider
Prot Warrior on the Shaman
Trap/Sheep the other add
Have the 2nd Bear Rider misdirected to a travel form druid at the bottom the stairs.

The Warrior spell reflect the Shamans Lightbolts and goes to town on the invincibility totem when it spawns.

I tank the Bear Rider. Healers heal through the first Demo Roar, I pop Dawnstone Crab for the 2nd. Consecrate catces the Bear when the Rider dismounts, or RD.

The first Bear Rider was down just as our Druid was coming back. I taunted off and tanked the 2nd Bear Rider. The Crab was on cooldown so I got owned by the 2nd rider. The Druid picked him up long enough for DPS to finish him. Our Warlock soloed the final add down with Chain Fear + DoTs.

The actual Boss fight seemed a bit anticlimatic after that pull.[/quote]

what my guild did was..

I tanked 1 bearrider,warrior tanked other bear rider,sheeped the shaman (yes canbe done fast before totem is down) ,mind controlled the other add and used him to help kill the bear and rider the warrior was on. when the MC was about to break,the shadow priest told me on vent so i had my hammer of justice ready to stun it,so he can get his MC back on it.
Warlock Class Leader/Paladin Class Leader
Belphegor

Postby Pensz » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:21 pm

I'll be trying it tonight and will be seeing how it goes...

This thread has me worried, heh...
Pensz

Postby Parishna » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:56 am

There is an easy way to do this.. when the riders dismount.. (hold consecrate before it).. and sheep the bear while you finish off the rider..
but I tanked both of these guys the first time I was in there.. they didn't seem to hit that hard... but i had the bears sheeped.
Parishna

Postby Silmari » Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:13 am

I'm going to revive this post for a few final questions. First does tranq shot work while the riders are still mounted and they enrage. Second even if it doesn't should I be able to tank one of the mobs. The hits are 3.5k non enrage 5k enrage. I have a mix of t4/t5/badge gear.... I had to sit out for a prot warr b/c they said I was taking too much damage. I think that our healers are being bitches, but I just wanted to confirm.
Silmari

Postby Ris » Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:22 am

Silmari wrote:I'm going to revive this post for a few final questions. First does tranq shot work while the riders are still mounted and they enrage. Second even if it doesn't should I be able to tank one of the mobs. The hits are 3.5k non enrage 5k enrage. I have a mix of t4/t5/badge gear.... I had to sit out for a prot warr b/c they said I was taking too much damage. I think that our healers are being bitches, but I just wanted to confirm.

Though I have zero idea what your gear actually is due to no armory, t4/t5/badge gear should be plenty capable of tanking the trash. I am geared in t4/badge gear and I MT trash and all bosses minus dragonhawk for obvious reasons and my healers don't really complain about damage im taking.
Ris

Postby ehly » Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:31 am

I am in t4/t5/badge gear and have no troubles. My ZA group clears the whole place in one night. We don't quite have the dps yet to get our third chest, but we can manage the first two timed chest with ease.

I don't know on the tranq on the bear as I haven't watched what the hunter does. I just pull my bear rider a bit away from the other tank (prot war) so we dont get stacking debuffs. Drop a couple conscrates when they are near splitting. Hammer of Justice the bear, and finish off the rider. Generally no problems at all.
ehly

Postby Lieris » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:40 am

Worldie wrote:I found that the perfect setup for ZA is:
2 tanks (no, dps warriors won't work)

Yes it does. I've done the OT role as ret as has one of our arms warriors.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Ardaic » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:00 pm

I went in here for the first time last night, and I have to say that it didn't seem as scary as the horror stories I'd heard. We had 2 warrior tanks and then me to pick other stuff up from time to time. When it came to the riders, the warriors would tank them and I'd peel the bear off kill1. When kill 1 dropped, the warrior took the bear and I went to get ready and peel the bear from kill2.

Of course, since I saw the OT warrior had green 'of the champion' boots on, I knew for a fact the Jungle Stompers would drop... And then they did. Still sitting around in my Sha'tari Wrought Greaves :-(
Ardaic

PreviousNext

Return to Zul'aman