Jan'alai - Dragonhawk Avatar

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby BubbaBill » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:52 am

Have a strat in mind after reading through this tread and want to run it by and see if there are any glaring holes in it. First off we have a raid group that can sometimes be...inatentive. Trying to simplify this fight. Timer not important at this point. I was thinking:
Split your raid in 2 groups untill all the eggs are spawned. Kinda keeps the ADD of some raiders to a minimum. I've found if there is to much going on people get distracted by all the pretty birds and bright lights.

Have the warrior tank Boss on the egg platform to the Right side
Assign 1 healer and all single target DPS'ers to the Boss.

Kill the Right side hatcher let left side hatcher live. All AoEers and 1 healer assigned to help with hawks.

Tank all the hawks ON the platform. I know most are saying pick them up at the end of the bridge, but why not run right out there on the platform with them? Gives more time to pick them up at the end of the bridge after the teleport. When you get ported the birds will start heading down the ramp and you can run to the ramp to start consecrating again before they get out and free.

So I guess the real questions are.

Is there a reason not to tank Boss and Adds out on the platforms instead of in the middle?

I've heard that there is a bomb safe spot in the Left corner behind the bone piles. Is this true? We've been having troubles with people eating bombs especially healers.
BubbaBill

Postby Frickit » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:23 am

The first side will be fine as you will get teleported just after all the eggs are hatched and aggroed onto you.

The problem I find with repeating that position on the other side is that you will be teleported before all the eggs are hatched thus sending the final (and biggest) wave after your healers. Also, there really isnt a difference between picking them up on the platform instead of just off the bridge so why would you add another element into the mix if it isnt necessary?

I do sometimes get the first side on the platform just cuz its fun and somewhat more reliable for grabbing the first few birds.

if people consitantly die to bombs they need to l2play. You should replace them.
Frickit

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:21 pm

About 40% of the place is safe. Eating bombs is no excuse and it's easy to avoid them.

The birds...just make sure you pick them up as they come. Nothing wrong with tanking the birds as they spawn in their platforms, just know that you will be ported and will have to adjust accordingly(nothing bad really)

Also remember this raid isn't design considering dumb people.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Tiranknight » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:21 pm

This fight is cake now... just wish this guy would show me the Shield exists.

So sick of seeing Shadowtooth Trollskin Cuirass, getting DE'd every time... it's either that or one of our Mages/Locks/S-Priests is getting a Hex Blade.
Tiranknight

Postby Katerina » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:42 am

Snake-Aes wrote:About 40% of the place is safe. Eating bombs is no excuse and it's easy to avoid them.

The birds...just make sure you pick them up as they come. Nothing wrong with tanking the birds as they spawn in their platforms, just know that you will be ported and will have to adjust accordingly(nothing bad really)

Also remember this raid isn't design considering dumb people.

Once upon a time we had a pally tank who just couldn't *not* get blown up. He claimed he couldn't see the bombs. (Bad eyesight? Bad graphics card? Who knows?) So we put a raid marker on someone and told him to stand on them during the bombs. It helped. Some. :/
Katerina

Postby Keion » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:34 am

Do you reduce graphics detail to see bombs inside consecration? These have fairly similar GFX making bombs nearby hard to spot.

Gz me on bulwark of amani empire. :)
Arthas thought Stratholme is not cool enough and decided to perform some cooling.
Keion

Postby ldeboer » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:46 am

LOL try seeing it when the hunter puts a slow trap down on the whole stage area near the walkway >.<

They like to do it but unless they get the majority on the walkway its a nightmare and I really dislike it now and ask them not to do it because one misplaced makes my life very very hard .... run pally run to where you can see the ground :-)
ldeboer

Postby Katerina » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:22 am

With consecration and a frost trap the large glowing fire balls are still easily visible to me. /shrug Rather puts the fight on easy mode, tbqh.

I do the fight zoomed out a far bit and looking straight down. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Maybe a difference in video settings? I have spell detail turned all the way up.
Katerina

Postby ldeboer » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:12 pm

Yeah I cant turn detail right up frame rate dies ... new PC needed >.<

Ground is all white where the trap is to me ... sucks big time.

Still better than Hyjal where I have to tank looking at ground or get 4FPS.
ldeboer

Postby Cae » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:10 am

BubbaBill wrote:First off we have a raid group that can sometimes be...inatentive.
<snip>
We've been having troubles with people eating bombs especially healers.

There is only so much you can do about inattentive people. At some point you have to just admit that people don't always want the same thing from this game, and that trying to "fix" people to see your view is way more trouble and stress than it's worth. That said, on non-timed runs you can deal, to an extent. Put people in positions where you can trust them to function. ie, those ADD raiders you have? Don't put them anywhere important. Don't make them the person to kill the hatchers, for example. Use vent or raid warnings to give clear instructions (this implies they will listen to said instructions, which is often not true). The healers, honestly, are just going to have to learn to move. If they keep having huge issues you can try what was said above, assigning them someone to move to that can move competently. Or assign them a buddy who can check where they're standing and tell them to move (on vent, most likely). If they fail to respond to direct instructions, like "MOVE, you are standing on a bomb" then they are pretty much beyond hope.
To some extent this depends on how many ADD people and non-ADD people you run with and what positions they're in. You need a few competent dps and at least one (ideally two) competent healers. If you have one healer die after the hawks are all dead then you may still be okay.
Cae

Postby Discus » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:32 am

First try on this last night after downing first 2 bosses with relative ease. This was VERY different though, tbh I didnt really have a clue as to what was happening.

I was assigned to adds - but i can't work out the mechanics of their spawns or who to kill when?

I was told to ignore the man (hatcher?) and let him hatch eggs - which I did - nothing happened until boss got <50% then suddenly we had a huge swarm of birds which I grabbed aggro on and attempted to aoe - there were so many they killed me in seconds and we wiped.

I've read this thread but still cant work out very basics of fight - how and when do the adds appear and why, in the 2 times we tried it, did we see nothing until 50% then a huge swarm off birds no one could manage?
Discus

Postby Katerina » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:45 am

Hi Discus!

We normally kill one hatcher (a single dpser can kill one very easily), allow the other to hatch all the eggs on one platform. I judge the first to come out, AS the next group, the rest stick in my consecrate placed on the boss-side of that bridge.

Second group spawns when the boss hits 35% in one go. This is good as the healing aggro is divided by all of them, and my consecrate near the opening of the bridge picks them up easily, even if I have to move away to avoid the bombs. When I think about it, I put my FR gear on as 365 FR means I take maybe one or two stacks of the debuff and makes me easier to heal should I get caught in the flame breath. If I forget, I just bubble the stacks off after the first group of birds are dead.

If you are having trouble picking the birds up (or just want an easier time of it) ask a hunter to put a frost trap at the end of the bridge (boss side) to slow them in your consecrate.

Best of luck :)
Katerina

Postby majiben » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:19 am

Your plan is a good one but I suggest you only get up to 120-170 FR. With that much FR you can easily cleanse the stacks off yourself and you are more capable of dpsing either the birds or the boss.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Katerina » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:38 pm

For sure, 365 FR isn't necessary. You do not need any FR at all to win. If I equip FR gear, I get the whole set as it is on an item rack.

As an aside, DPS from me isn't necessary either. The second set of birds die just as the boss does for us.
Katerina

Postby Kup » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:40 pm

Easy, kill all hatchers as they spawn, position the boss in the middle, at 40% EVERYONE stack on the MT, at 35% all the birds come, consecrate, kill all birds at once, win, d/e another chest piece.
Kup

PreviousNext

Return to Zul'aman