Remove Advertisements

Jan'alai - Dragonhawk Avatar

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Frickit » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:32 pm

No time to see if this was posted but we tried a new strat out and I lurves it.

MT tanks Jan on the egg platform that isnt being hatched. Healer heals MT in LoS of course, standing just off the bridge.

I hatch the opposite side.
A. No flamebreaths at all.
B. Dps can focus on nuking the hawks (they die in like two seconds after I have aggro)

The MT will be ported to the center at around the same time all the birds are dead and then he goes to the other platform (rinse and repeat)

When all the birds are dead dps can finally attack Jan and MT can go back to the center and for the first time ever on this fight, no one died.

I stayed off bridge, judged first one as usual, tossed shield at the next couple, etc...the good thing about this is that dps was able to single focus fire down hawks as they came out while I was picking up the majority of them just to lighten the debuffs on me. Bubbled when done and went to the other side.
Frickit

Postby ARogers » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:38 pm

Frickit wrote:No time to see if this was posted but we tried a new strat out and I lurves it.

MT tanks Jan on the egg platform that isnt being hatched. Healer heals MT in LoS of course, standing just off the bridge.

B. Dps can focus on nuking the hawks (they die in like two seconds after I have aggro)

The MT will be ported to the center at around the same time all the birds are dead and then he goes to the other platform (rinse and repeat)

When all the birds are dead dps can finally attack Jan and MT can go back to the center and for the first time ever on this fight, no one died.

I'm taking a new group of friends in there who are new to za.... this seems worth trying. It may take a bit longer since the DPS isn't focusing on Jen, but for a non-timed group, this just looks crazy enough to work!
ARogers

Postby Frickit » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:41 pm

ARogers wrote:
Frickit wrote:No time to see if this was posted but we tried a new strat out and I lurves it.

I'm taking a new group of friends in there who are new to za.... this seems worth trying. It may take a bit longer since the DPS isn't focusing on Jen, but for a non-timed group, this just looks crazy enough to work!

Its fast; dont worry about no dps on jan at first the birds are done lickity split.
Dps will be busy nuking a single hawk at a time also speeding up the process and helping out the paly tank healer. Once you have them call for AoE.
Frickit

Postby maudd » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:57 pm

Has anyone tried to Tank boss and hatchlings all together... like drag boss over to 1 side and tank him there along with hatchlings as they spawn, effectivly allowing D-Hawk to be single tanked?
Maudd
Elder'thalas
maudd

Postby Voxe » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:22 am

That's gonna be a tricky case, since he will port to the center of the platform the moment he starts throwing the bombs around.
Although he is immobile during the bomb phase and doesn't attack anyone, it is kinda necessary to keep on building aggro on him so DPS can stay on him aswell.
You'll have to kite the dragon hawks to the center and keep hitting Jan'Alai.

Dangerous but could be doable.
Voxe

Postby Voxe » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:22 am

double post
Last edited by Voxe on Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Voxe

Postby Voxe » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:23 am

ouch
Voxe

Postby Eanin » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:18 am

Does anyone know if the fire bombs are partially resistable using fire resist gear? It's not like I stand in them on purpose, but there's a lot of dragonhawks around and it's sometimes hard to see, so I'm worried about this.

I haven't been hit by a bomb in a while, but I was just wondering.
Eanin

Postby Frickit » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:40 am

Eanin wrote:Does anyone know if the fire bombs are partially resistable using fire resist gear? It's not like I stand in them on purpose, but there's a lot of dragonhawks around and it's sometimes hard to see, so I'm worried about this.

i just remove the health bars from enemies so i can see better, and with just a little kiting you can see if your on top of a bomb. i believe fire resist will reduce bomb damage but you would need a lot of it and youd probably die from the hawks in that gear.
Frickit

Postby Marker » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:52 am

Eanin wrote:Does anyone know if the fire bombs are partially resistable using fire resist gear? It's not like I stand in them on purpose, but there's a lot of dragonhawks around and it's sometimes hard to see, so I'm worried about this.

Don't know if it's been mentioned here before, but the fire bombs are cast from the center and out, so run inwards and find your spot and you're safe and don't need to move anymore. I fina a safespot halfway between the end of the bridge and the center where the boss is 99% of the time. Before I knew that there was some system to the firbomb cating I was running more randomly around and got hit a fair bit more often
Marker

Postby Eanin » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:59 am

Ah, thanks everyone. I noticed the "from the centre" thing as well last time when I was dpsing after the hawks were dead and thought, "Hnh, neat." Turning off those health bars was a great idea as well, thank you.

As for FR gear, I tank the dragonhawks in my FR set. It makes it ridiculously easy :).
Eanin

Postby Karador » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:50 am

I tank those adds in Tank gear with FR Aura on. We do timed runs only and sell bears now so anything I can do to make it easier on my healers is great for them.

Running with 2 Healers on the timed runs is enough to make them want to pull out their hair by the end of the run lol.
Karador

Postby Fierro » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:40 pm

Don't know if it has been said but frost trap or earthbind if not just have a range dps kill the one that gets through or taunt.
Fierro

Postby Eanin » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:34 am

I don't know about anyone else, but I find a frost trap a really good way to not be able to see the bombs and get blowed up real good. I know it's happened to our other prot pally, too.

Right now, our guild basically has a no-frost trap rule :). Earthbind sounds like a good idea, though.
Eanin

Postby Cae » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:55 am

Frost traps are your friend. When they aren't available, shaman totems are your friend.
The first hawk to hatch will almost always still ignore everything. Keep SoR up and just judge the first one that comes your way.
Stand slightly back from the threshold of the bridge and consecrate there.
I DS between sides to remove the debuff.

If you're using frost traps, yeah, you're going to have to watch the bubbles land. When in doubt, move.
Cae

PreviousNext

Return to Zul'aman