Remove Advertisements

ZA

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

ZA

Postby Oramac » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:11 pm

anyone have any info or ideas on how ZA is gonna be for a pally tank? and like what level of gear is needed?

my guild is looking to start a PTR team and try for server firsts in there and i would really like to be among the tanks for it. just lookin for info.

thanks!!
Aplus wrote:Yeah every time I get a big head, I go and try to solo a warlock.brings me back down to earth pretty fast
Oramac

Postby Chorus » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:32 pm

No concrete information has been released on how the boss encounters in ZA function, so your guess is as good as anyone's right now. There were passing comments that holes in Paladin tanking itemization would be addressed in the ZA/Heroic badge items 2.0 patch, one could hope then that 'fair play' went into their boss design.
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/chara ... w&n=Chorus
Chorus <Dissension>, 80 Paladin of Bleeding Hollow
Chorus

Postby Fridmarr » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:59 pm

Chorus wrote:No concrete information has been released on how the boss encounters in ZA function, so your guess is as good as anyone's right now. There were passing comments that holes in Paladin tanking itemization would be addressed in the ZA/Heroic badge items 2.0 patch, one could hope then that 'fair play' went into their boss design.

Actually, those comments were about Retribution pallys and Moonkin Druids, I believe. Most of the comments about changes for 2.3 seem to be more focused on Ret than Protection. Remember according to the devs at blizzcon, they believe Protection to be fine, save maybe our health issue, but Retribution needs some work. Of course changes to retribution can help us too, most of us have a dozen or so points in that tree, and that doesn't mean protection won't see changes, only that there's been little mention of it.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Mortehl » Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:40 pm

Actually they said prot was not quite where they wanted it and they're working on it.
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby Oramac » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:30 pm

so basically we know that we dont know. thats nice. lol

anyone have ANY remote idea what kind of gear would be required? like should i not even try till i get SSC+ tank gear? or could i do it with less? or more?
Aplus wrote:Yeah every time I get a big head, I go and try to solo a warlock.brings me back down to earth pretty fast
Oramac

Postby matchbox » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:36 pm

ZA it gonna drop loot equivalent to t5 so kara gear is gonna be what you want
matchbox

Postby Oramac » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:42 pm

matchbox wrote:ZA it gonna drop loot equivalent to t5 so kara gear is gonna be what you want

good to know. now if the damn kara bosses will just drop what i need. grr
Oramac

Postby Chorus » Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:39 pm

Oramac wrote:so basically we know that we dont know. thats nice. lol

anyone have ANY remote idea what kind of gear would be required? like should i not even try till i get SSC+ tank gear? or could i do it with less?
or more?

From http://boards.worldofraids.com/topic-6428-1.html:

Article wrote:"We're tuning the first boss in Zul'Aman to require less raid coordination than some other raid bosses. He will still hit very hard so you'll need to be geared properly but it won't take 15 minutes to explain the fight. It will be a simple yet challenging fight. The other boss fights get more complex and challenging from there. If players want a basis of comparison, imagine the tuning of ZA started around Nightbane/Prince difficulty and ramped up from there."

It seems that a Karazhan gear level will be fine to start the place.
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/chara ... w&n=Chorus
Chorus <Dissension>, 80 Paladin of Bleeding Hollow
Chorus

Postby Kaelie » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:39 pm

My only worry with ZA is that being in horde territory could get annoying. Not sure why horde get more than twice as many instances as Alliance.

Other than that, it'll be very nice to have some 10 man content we can try instead of struggling to scrape 25 on the same night for Gruul. We've got two Kara groups, but they don't overlap too often. >_<
Kaelie

Postby Girard » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:14 pm

It'd be nice if the biggest hole in our itemization could be fixed: weaponry.

Crystalforged Blade == ideal in design but after Kara, is pretty much useless.
Girard

Postby Izreii » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:25 am

Girard wrote:It'd be nice if the biggest hole in our itemization could be fixed: weaponry.

Crystalforged Blade == ideal in design but after Kara, is pretty much useless.

Honestly i would not be shocked at all if they added a paladin tank sword onto the list of badge rewards... Something with 220ish spell power and some dodge / 30+ sta would be GREAT!!

EDIT: Oh and make it a hammer slower then freakin 1.8... i hate the parries i get with that fast weapon and the TPS of a slower 1hander is MUCH better IMHO
"In raids, the reality is that most of a player's contribution comes from how well that player plays that character, regardless of the class."
~Kalgan, Blizzard Lead Developer
Izreii

Postby ehly » Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:24 am

I am looking forward to see what the rewards will be. I do hope they fill in some of the gear gaps that exist for us 'off' specs. I do find it slightly annoying that all the 'paladin' plate that drops (non-token) in Kara and SSC is all Healadin. :(

Kaelie wrote:My only worry with ZA is that being in horde territory could get annoying. Not sure why horde get more than twice as many instances as Alliance.

Its only a short hop on the road from light's hope chapel. There are zero towns, and zero guards in that part of ghostlands or anywhere nearby ZA. Just follow the road north take the road east when it forks, and your there. I hardly call being in horde territory. They put it right on the road so everyone could find it.

If noone hasn't yet I do suggest going to ZA and looking at the entrance. I find it very pretty with the double waterfalls on both sides of the road riding into ZA. Can't wait.

Now Sunwell...I have no idea how that is going to work. You will have to go deep into our guarded territory. If you count those poor bored guards at the great lift as horde terrority (which I don't)..then we have +2 zones over alliance. I wish we had twice as many Instances :D ..but sadly we do not.
ehly

Postby Girard » Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:24 am

ehly wrote:I am looking forward to see what the rewards will be. I do hope they fill in some of the gear gaps that exist for us 'off' specs. I do find it slightly annoying that all the 'paladin' plate that drops (non-token) in Kara and SSC is all Healadin. :(

>.>
The Kara tank pieces are actually very solid for warriors/pallies. But you're right, there is a shortage of tanking gear with pally itemization until SSC (Boots of the Protector, Belt of the Guardian).
In fact, post kara I still kept most of mine because they had such insane stamina.
Girard

Postby ehly » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:38 am

Agree the solid tanking plate work fine, but it would be nice to see a few more pieces here and there. I don't think I'll give up some of my Kara pieces for a long time. I do admit I love my belt of the guardian, but even though our guild has the boot pattern..I am not a blacksmith since it is BoP crafted item. :(
ehly

Postby Bel » Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:00 pm

I recently retrained blacksmithing again since I got the boot pattern, and realized much to my chagrin that you can't get the Thorium Brotherhood or other BS quested recipes the 2nd time around. Bah. Those were so great to level with.
"Beat it to fit, paint it to match"
Bel

Next

Return to Zul'aman