Zul'Aman with Double Tankadin setup

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Eloff » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:26 am

I run double prot paladins ALL the time.

I run ZA as 40/21

I also spec this to up our dps. With the right gear, you both should be putting out about 800-900 dps on the trash pulls. That MORE than makes up for any dps lost on the eagle boss.

Seriously, it's NOT hard. I don't have a problem with the taunting thing as we both are geared enough to tank all the trash by ourselves.

Also, we tend to alternate pulls. The OOM guy sits and drinks while the other runs in and tanks everything. Switch for the next pull. Etc. Keeps healers focused on one target as well. I recommend this method if you both are well-geared.
"With your shield or on it" - Spartan Code of Conduct

Eloff

Postby Amirya » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:56 pm

I tried it last week, was apprehensive about it.

Worked great. We both did body pulls, with a Judgement of Righteousness to grab our "mid" target, then Consecrate to grab "our" adds.

We missed the timed event 'cause one of our hunters got too close and got us wiped, but eh.

Bear was cake. Our taunts for the forms was easy mode.

I tanked Eagle, she threw on healing gear.

I tanked Dragonhawk, she tanked adds. Then grabbed the boss when I died when he was at 2%.

Lynx was also easy mode.

We got stuck at Malacrass, but then, he's been our issue - dps is just a little low for him.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby kysu » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:42 am

I ran with another Pallie and we didn't have any issues. We would throw our shield at different sides of mobs and judge the one that we wanted to come to us for sure. Boss's same as any other dual tanks taunt when u want them.

Only thing is the other pallie has more "boss" gear then i do so he is the MT but i have about 90 more Spell damage so I ended up single tanking all trash except the single target the was auto attacking. But other then that I wouldnt say anything bad about it.
kysu

Previous

Return to Zul'aman