Remove Advertisements

AOE Tank Hex Lord?

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

AOE Tank Hex Lord?

Postby Falibard » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:11 am

So does anyone else just AOE tank Hex Lord and adds?

I did this once unintentionally... was just going to AOE tank the adds but I ended up putting out enough threat that I took Hex Lord off the other tank too. It was kinda sweet when it happened but have had trouble recreating it (seems that the human healing adds causes issues). Just kinda curious...
Falibard

Postby Base » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:14 am

We usually CC 1 or 2 of the adds then I'll aoe tank everything else.
Base

Postby Moby » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:32 am

On our most recent kill we didnt have the warrior tanking him as we usually do, so I tanked the boss and 2 of the adds (with sheep/shackle on the other 2). It worked quite well. Neither the boss nor the adds seem to hit all that terribly hard... it's just the spirit bolts that make the fight hard on the healers.
Moby

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:43 am

add-wise this fight is identycal to moroes. Some mobs are harmless, some are Pain in the asses. I truly don't remember doing ZA with a tank composition where I wasn't tanking and the other tank was dpsing when not tanking :/ So I can't tell.
Typically it'd be "healer add(if there) dpstanked", "adds #1 and #2 killed", "adds #3 and(if not the healer from before)#4 CCed the whole fight".

AOE tanking those adds can be tricky because they have some annoying mechanics. If you can get around those, just make sure dps is focusing your target first, usually a healer.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Re: AOE Tank Hex Lord?

Postby Fridmarr » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:05 pm

Falibard wrote:So does anyone else just AOE tank Hex Lord and adds?

I did this once unintentionally... was just going to AOE tank the adds but I ended up putting out enough threat that I took Hex Lord off the other tank too. It was kinda sweet when it happened but have had trouble recreating it (seems that the human healing adds causes issues). Just kinda curious...

The human can be stunned and interrupted and dies very fast. If he gets caught up in the AoE, just DPS him down first.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Return to Zul'aman