Remove Advertisements

Ouch on Halazzi...

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Ouch on Halazzi...

Postby sk2k52 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:24 am

Buffed up I had about 18k hp and was using devotion armor, so 20k armor. I could not tank the boss worth shit. He'd suddenly spike and hit me 4-5 times for 20k within 2-3 seconds and I'd be down.

Had 33% buffed dodge as well.

For our 3rd attempt we almost had the boss down when the cleave ate me. Wiped at 4% and had a d/c which we couldnt replace and called it.

What could I do to be better able to survive such abuse? All attacks were blocked but every so often he hits me 4-5 times in a row for such extreme damage that the healers simply didnt even had time to heal through.

Any suggestion on gear change?

Armory in sig.
sk2k52

Postby rabbel » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:40 am

First of all: Dump Seal of Command and Reckoning or one in Pursuit of Justice and take a full Ardent Defender. He spikes like hell, and if that cleave smashes you down into Ardent Defender land you'll be glad to have the full benefit of AD. His normal attacks are very fast and tend to hurt a lot. Also make sure that the cleave is split. If not, you are dead meat anyway.

Then: You don't need crushing immunity for him, he and Nalorakk can't crush. Replace some blocking gear for dodge, and replace that useless Blue's Greaves with something useful. Boots of Elusion if you have them, Sabatons of the Righteous Defender or Battlescar Boots. Anything, but not that crap. They aren't worth a single badge.

All in all you can't do much about survivability, except equipping as much dodge / armor / hp as possible. This fight is on the healers shoulders, and you WILL get an unlucky string of hits which will (nearly) instagib you. Save your Pocket Watch for the merged phases, chain drink ironshield pots, chug a nightmare seed, tell your DPS to nuke him hard until he splits. There is nothing more you can do.
rabbel

Postby Holyfuri » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:28 am

rabbel wrote:First of all: Dump Seal of Command and Reckoning or one in Pursuit of Justice and take a full Ardent Defender. He spikes like hell, and if that cleave smashes you down into Ardent Defender land you'll be glad to have the full benefit of AD. His normal attacks are very fast and tend to hurt a lot. Also make sure that the cleave is split. If not, you are dead meat anyway.

Then: You don't need crushing immunity for him, he and Nalorakk can't crush. Replace some blocking gear for dodge, and replace that useless Blue's Greaves with something useful. Boots of Elusion if you have them, Sabatons of the Righteous Defender or Battlescar Boots. Anything, but not that crap. They aren't worth a single badge.

All in all you can't do much about survivability, except equipping as much dodge / armor / hp as possible. This fight is on the healers shoulders, and you WILL get an unlucky string of hits which will (nearly) instagib you. Save your Pocket Watch for the merged phases, chain drink ironshield pots, chug a nightmare seed, tell your DPS to nuke him hard until he splits. There is nothing more you can do.

That pretty much sums it up.
Holyfuri

Postby ShaiHulud » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:25 am

Also it sounds like you were getting eaten up during his Frenzy. If there is a hunter in the group make sure he tranq shots. If there isn't make sure that the healers are aware when he frenzies so they step up the heals. I have OT'd this boss a few times with a warrior MT that is geared with t4 a couple badge pieces and we have no issues.
^The new WoTLK Main
^Old TBC main
ShaiHulud

Postby Katerina » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:03 am

All of the above, but it strikes me that you were probably eating full cleaves. You and your co-tank need to be standing right on top of each other, which can be a bit hard to do with bears and Taurens as they have odd-sized hit boxes. I find it easiest to put a raid marker on each tank so I can look straight down and line us up that way.

Ardent defender + Commendation helps a ton here.
Katerina

Postby 2ndNin » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:25 am

As above, but watch for lightning totems as well, if they are up they can make your really bad day, into a really bad day.

Watch for cleaves, and blow avoidance trinkets, watch for totems (should go down in like 2 hits) and make sure a hunter defrenzies the mob, having tanked without a Hunter before its way harder for no reason, just make your hunter get rid of it.
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:40 pm

And make sure the Saber Lash is being properly divided.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby caboom » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:28 am

Snake-Aes wrote:And make sure the Saber Lash is being properly divided.

idd it sounds to me that taking 20k dmg trough 20k armor that ur solotanking him xD i didn't watch the numbers but i doubt i ever took more than 15k split dmg and that's with something like 18k armor.
caboom

Postby Holyfuri » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:10 am

caboom wrote:
Snake-Aes wrote:And make sure the Saber Lash is being properly divided.

idd it sounds to me that taking 20k dmg trough 20k armor that ur solotanking him xD i didn't watch the numbers but i doubt i ever took more than 15k split dmg and that's with something like 18k armor.

I have 18k armor unbuffed, and a full sabre lash will hit me for 19.5k, when split it's about 8-9k.
Holyfuri

Return to Zul'aman